Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club Fail

I keep hearing that this club 'n that club is going to fail. I call bull****, a club hasn't tanked in CT in years. I don't understand you ghouls at all, you're like the GD soccer grim reapers. Oh and cjsa is going to outlast all of you.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I keep hearing that this club 'n that club is going to fail. I call bull****, a club hasn't tanked in CT in years. I don't understand you ghouls at all, you're like the GD soccer grim reapers. Oh and cjsa is going to outlast all of you.
    i would help everyone if you said which club you are talking about

Comment

i would help everyone if you said which club you are talking about
      With the OPs claim in their last sentence, maybe its better that they didn't mention the club name so this thread dies a fast death from no one replying.

Comment

With the OPs claim in their last sentence, maybe its better that they didn't mention the club name so this thread dies a fast death from no one replying.
        shoreline
        celtic
        afc
        chelsea piers
        scp

They're all still alive, still cashing checks, still putting kids on the field. Cjsa still around too. Seems like you people don't know anything, just like to flap your gums.

Comment

'A club hasn't tanked in CT in years' is a falsehood. There are clubs that all but fall apart (stay in existence pnly because of 2 or 3 teams but prior to that they had 2 or 3 times more teams). And there are clubs with near 100% kid turnover in years past because they're so bad (DFA). If you don't consider that failing, I guess you're right in your claims. CJSA will indeed live on for the next few years but only as a travel entity until that gets as bad as CJSA premier has gotten.

Comment

Fsa fails to put together a winning season and fails to get the majority of thier players into quality soccer programs or quality colleges every year

Does that count?

Comment

shoreline
              celtic
              afc
              chelsea piers
              scp

They're all still alive, still cashing checks, still putting kids on the field. Cjsa still around too. Seems like you people don't know anything, just like to flap your gums.
              cashing checks and putting kids on the field is a pretty low bar. The question is are they offering kids a quality product that is actually worth the time and money?

Comment

Fsa fails to put together a winning season and fails to get the majority of thier players into quality soccer programs or quality colleges every year

Does that count?
                According to who? You? I bet your kid is going to make millions playing soccer...they are so good. Oh wait... they are going to college for free...make that 2 colleges for free because they are soooo good and then off to their millions. STFU!

Comment

Saw this today, here, in the headlines: http://csisoccer.org. (Was looking into the Celtic thing, because of the dust up in another thread.)

"Coventry Soccer, Inc. has partnered with Glen Celtic America FC, Coventry's premier soccer club. As part of our parntership, registered Coventry Soccer players are eligible for a discounted rate."

In other words, this town travel club is pushing its players away to a for-profit premer club, Celtic. Look and see how many classic travel/comp teams Coventry fields going forward from U9 to U14.

Why would a town travel club do this? It might be that one or more people on the board or several town travel coaches have ties to Celtic and just recruit, recruit, recruit. I wonder who is making money?

This kind of behavior is not good for soccer, but it happens everywhere.

Comment

cashing checks and putting kids on the field is a pretty low bar. The question is are they offering kids a quality product that is actually worth the time and money?

I think that question gets answered every season when the rosters fill and the checks are getting cashed. Certainly those parents who are paying to play for these clubs must feel these clubs are worth the time and the money. The consumer speaks loudest.

Comment

PSE failed. Other than that I cant think of one, although DFA is on life support.

Comment

Saw this today, here, in the headlines: http://csisoccer.org. (Was looking into the Celtic thing, because of the dust up in another thread.)

"Coventry Soccer, Inc. has partnered with Glen Celtic America FC, Coventry's premier soccer club. As part of our parntership, registered Coventry Soccer players are eligible for a discounted rate."

In other words, this town travel club is pushing its players away to a for-profit premer club, Celtic. Look and see how many classic travel/comp teams Coventry fields going forward from U9 to U14.

Why would a town travel club do this? It might be that one or more people on the board or several town travel coaches have ties to Celtic and just recruit, recruit, recruit. I wonder who is making money?

Because Coventry is not a "town travel club". It's a town soccer program that offers recreation play and travel level play. Perhaps the leadership of the club realizes they should focus on what they do best...town rec and let the Celtic people work on what they do best.....travel/premier soccer (call it what you want, all soccer that requires teams to play in another town is travel soccer).

Comment

If you can't beat them join them

One benefit that I can see coordinating with a club allows town Travel players to do both. Kids play on Saturday for Travel and Sunday with clubs. Another is potentially better coaching for town Travel.

Comment

If you can't beat them join them

One benefit that I can see coordinating with a club allows town Travel players to do both. Kids play on Saturday for Travel and Sunday with clubs. Another is potentially better coaching for town Travel.
                            Nah. Like the three other premier clubs that Coventry spawned, the premier coaches are coaches who used to coach town travel. Same coaches. Same kids. What changes? Price. And, the town travel program gets gutted.

Comment

Because Coventry is not a "town travel club". It's a town soccer program that offers recreation play and travel level play. Perhaps the leadership of the club realizes they should focus on what they do best...town rec and let the Celtic people work on what they do best.....travel/premier soccer (call it what you want, all soccer that requires teams to play in another town is travel soccer).
                              meriden made this type of deal with afc after cheshire cut afc loose.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X