Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Aztecs were good in the Spring and surprised that they are not in the Premiership. They did not win alot but with only 6 teams each game is tough.

As far as summer tournaments go, there are always players on vacation and the teams can be mixed groups. The regular season will be a better test of how these teams will compete.
    Real test at this age is keeping their attention long enough to stay involved. Oh, and making sure they aren't up too late watching Nickelodeon. That can get real addicting for some.

Comment

Aztecs were good in the Spring and surprised that they are not in the Premiership. They did not win alot but with only 6 teams each game is tough.

As far as summer tournaments go, there are always players on vacation and the teams can be mixed groups. The regular season will be a better test of how these teams will compete.
      Who were the strong and weak premiership teams in the spring?

Comment

Who were the strong and weak premiership teams in the spring?
        Weren't these age groups playing 6v6 in the spring?

Comment

Success at this age is about improvements, not scores.
          I've posted a similar message but obviously it falls on deaf ears. They'll get it some day, hopefully before their kids hate them or the game

Comment

Hey chach, I can't go to work on Monday and tell my coworkers "my daughter improved at soccer this weekend." What fun is that? No. Just no.

What I can do is post all over my social media that my D's 2007 team unleashed total and complete destruction on the other team, and that she is now destined for YNT stardom and the D1 offers are pouring in. Got it? Good.

Go rain on the parade of the 2006 parents and leave us be.

Comment

Can The 07 parent group the most insane in TS soccer? "Let us Be" sounds patheticly cult like!!

Comment

Hey chach, I can't go to work on Monday and tell my coworkers "my daughter improved at soccer this weekend." What fun is that? No. Just no.

What I can do is post all over my social media that my D's 2007 team unleashed total and complete destruction on the other team, and that she is now destined for YNT stardom and the D1 offers are pouring in. Got it? Good.

Go rain on the parade of the 2006 parents and leave us be.
                Never mind these trolls. They just got burned by the soccer machine and their own stupidity so now want everyone to hate club soccer. My daughter in playing in college now so all of this is well behind me now but I remember it fondly. Enjoy winning, it's fun. Nobody ever really plays a sport just so they toil endlessly without reward. My daughter's college team's parent group sent an email out asking all the parents for photos from their daughter's youth days for a team event they are sponsoring. While I was looking through my photographs I found an old team picture from when mine was a U10 (she was playing up on a U11 team) and as I looked at it, it dawned on me that at least 8 of the 15 players (perhaps more, because I lost track of some of the families) are playing college soccer now at the D1 level at some of the most prestigious colleges in the country. Contrary to what some on this site want you to believe, dreams do come true, your kids just have to have the talent and desire to make it happen. My advice for all of you at this stage is to help your daughters learn to love the game because as they age up club soccer quickly becomes a job for all of you and she is going to need that love to sustain her while doing all the really hard work that is necessary to become good at soccer. Don't let anyone fool you, being competitive and loving winning is an essential part of that process. As a parent, just learn to keep your competitiveness under wraps and you'll be fine.

Comment

Best post I have read on here in a long time.

Comment

Love the club soccer scene. I love it to watch my kid play, and watch her improve.

I don't love the "my team's better than yours" crap when kids most important decision of the day is whether to have Cap'n Crunch for breakfast or a Pop-Tart....

When wins take the place of development, the game suffers.

Comment

Congrats to NEFC Central for going undefeated on the way to winning the top bracket of the NEFC tournament yesterday.

Select also had a good run, playing in the top bracket at the Spirit Kickoff in PA, winning its bracket (2-0-0) and then losing in the semi-final game to the team who went on to win the tournament.

Any game details?

Comment

Congrats to NEFC Central for going undefeated on the way to winning the top bracket of the NEFC tournament yesterday.

Select also had a good run, playing in the top bracket at the Spirit Kickoff in PA, winning its bracket (2-0-0) and then losing in the semi-final game to the team who went on to win the tournament.

Any game details?
                        Like any game at this age:

Some kids were good.
                        Some were awful.
                        Some don't even want to be there.
                        Most were thinking about where Waldo is.
                        None of it will matter in a few years, including the scores and these rankings.

Comment

Uh yeah, pretty sure if you saw Select, PDA or Clarkstown play in PA you'd be singing a differnt tune. Wasn't a single kid on any of those teams who was "awful" or looking for Waldo.

Comment

Uh yeah, pretty sure if you saw Select, PDA or Clarkstown play in PA you'd be singing a differnt tune. Wasn't a single kid on any of those teams who was "awful" or looking for Waldo.
                            Right.

They're ten.

Comment

Seek help straight away mate. And for Gods sake stop calling Jill Ellis

Comment

NEFC 2007 team just went #1 in the nation... Enjoy the view from the top while it lasts

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X