Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dempsey has been a great player but is getting on. Altidore is out of form. Other than Howard, does the USMNT really have any top class players? For example, do we have any players in the Prem any more, La Liga ... uuum, League Un?
    When has Altidore been in good form? It's been a long, long time.
    There's something lacking with his level of competitiveness.

Comment

The us men are poor. We do not have the culture here to produce top players. Youth soccer is money and parent driven. Parents only want their kid to get a scholarship and "have fun". In other countries it's different. Our women will be a reflection of our men in 10 years tops. Japan, Germany and France will all be looking way down their noses at us.

Comment

There is a ton of talent bubbling up overseas. 2018 might be a wash as the team turns over, but if the youngsters stay healthy, 2022 will be a team to watch.

Comment

Pay me to spend my time scouting and I will find teachable players (and trainers) that will kick the crap out of the group masquerading as soccer players in the Gold cup.

I know what me eyes and common sense tell me: This group (with a couple exceptions) are dead enders, led by the son of your choice for coach. That suggestion should be enough to get you banned from this site permanently.
          Ha ... daddy coach you are full of it. No way .. no how could you assemble a team to beat any US National team, even this C team.

I will agree on one thing ... Your eyes are right.

But frankly most of us know that this Gold Cup team is set up to give a final audition for players on the periphery. That excludes the six brought in for the Quarterfinals as they are comfortably on the team, including your buddy Michael Bradley

Comment

The us men are poor. We do not have the culture here to produce top players. Youth soccer is money and parent driven. Parents only want their kid to get a scholarship and "have fun". In other countries it's different. Our women will be a reflection of our men in 10 years tops. Japan, Germany and France will all be looking way down their noses at us.
            I watched some of the cup. Such poor soccer. A bunch of guys flopping, rolling in pain and then jumping up and sprinting.

Us men and the da is a joke. No development. The last coach knew it and choose a team of foreign born or foreign living guys to price together a squad. Gdap will be a bigger flop.

I have no issue with Ecnl and scholarship being the goal. Then weeding through best college players and pro players to create a team. Can't do that for men, because the best d1 players are foreigners brought here because us men suck. Women won't be ruined by gdap because the best won't be doing it. They aren't dumb enough.

Comment

I watched some of the cup. Such poor soccer. A bunch of guys flopping, rolling in pain and then jumping up and sprinting.

Us men and the da is a joke. No development. The last coach knew it and choose a team of foreign born or foreign living guys to price together a squad. Gdap will be a bigger flop.

I have no issue with Ecnl and scholarship being the goal. Then weeding through best college players and pro players to create a team. Can't do that for men, because the best d1 players are foreigners brought here because us men suck. Women won't be ruined by gdap because the best won't be doing it. They aren't dumb enough.
              Sniffing Sharpie's has caught up with you.

Comment

Sniffing Sharpie's has caught up with you.
                Poster you replied to was correct about DA. Pulled my son out after seeing zero development with ANYONE ON HIS TEAM FOR 2 YEARS. In the short few month period since he has been out, more good things have happened than the past 2 years combined. Shopped for a coach. NOT A TEAM. Hit a jackpot. More training and concern for my son's future in just the past few weeks (OUTSIDE OF ANY CURRENT PROGRAM-just a coach that thrives on TEACHING) than 2 years of DA crap with zero technical training and even less concern for any individual. I kidded myself about DAP for a few years but in the back of my mind I knew it was largely a waste. It was about status. Not training and actually getting better. DAP players may make some top college rosters. But then they sit. Do the research.

Comment

Poster you replied to was correct about DA. Pulled my son out after seeing zero development with ANYONE ON HIS TEAM FOR 2 YEARS. In the short few month period since he has been out, more good things have happened than the past 2 years combined. Shopped for a coach. NOT A TEAM. Hit a jackpot. More training and concern for my son's future in just the past few weeks (OUTSIDE OF ANY CURRENT PROGRAM-just a coach that thrives on TEACHING) than 2 years of DA crap with zero technical training and even less concern for any individual. I kidded myself about DAP for a few years but in the back of my mind I knew it was largely a waste. It was about status. Not training and actually getting better. DAP players may make some top college rosters. But then they sit. Do the research.
                  Congrats for getting out of the cult.

Speaking of 4 letter c words. How is rapinoe doing the dirty with sue bird? Rapinoe is such a skank.

Comment

Didn't providence start 4 oakwood Alumni this past year? Research done.

Comment

Don't forget about wake forest. 2 oakwood Alumni started for them too. 2 of the top 10 programs in the country.

Comment

Didn't providence start 4 oakwood Alumni this past year? Research done.
                        Providence? Doesn't say much for the competition if you are a 7 loss team but are considered top ten in the country.

Isn't one of those ow kids 5'5? If soccer doesn't work out, there is always coxswain or jockey if he wants to be a pro athlete.

Comment

Don't forget about wake forest. 2 oakwood Alumni started for them too. 2 of the top 10 programs in the country.
                          And Eastern!

Comment

Providence? Doesn't say much for the competition if you are a 7 loss team but are considered top ten in the country.

Isn't one of those ow kids 5'5? If soccer doesn't work out, there is always coxswain or jockey if he wants to be a pro athlete.
                            Providence is very solid despite 7 losses this past year. They play a tough schedule, check their RPI. In this years tourney they beat Maryland who was the #1 team in the country, which was also Maryland's only loss all year. Providence lost to UNC in double OT in quarters. Providence lost in the college cup semifinals 2 years ago as well. Solid program.

Comment

So pretty soccer tonight. Lots of possession especially in first half

Altidore scores on a beautiful assist from Dempsey.

1-0 US with 15 minutes left.

Comment

So pretty soccer tonight. Lots of possession especially in first half

Altidore scores on a beautiful assist from Dempsey.

1-0 US with 15 minutes left.
                                2-0. Deuce with the score, tying Landon for most US goals

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X