Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nobody wants to merge with BS. MK isn't the partner type.
    Everyone saw how well the partnership with ACC and BS. The Greek had access to the PDL team

Comment

Elm City is a flash in the pan with virtually no infrastructure underneath it. If they were serious about building a soccer club, they should merge with BS and provide a true development pyramid. From U-little to Pro.

NASL, NISA, and NPSL should all align via promotion/relegation and offer Elm City a path higher.....
      Elm City has common ownership with a professional Brazilian club. They have connections to numerous CT colleges. Both offer more than Ulittles would.

Although I agree on your last point

Comment

Effddrt56tffcff

Elm City is a flash in the pan with virtually no infrastructure underneath it. If they were serious about building a soccer club, they should merge with BS and provide a true development pyramid. From U-little to Pro.

NASL, NISA, and NPSL should all align via promotion/relegation and offer Elm City a path higher.....
        The vast majority of the BS demographic is in soccer for college exposure, not to play semi pro or pro.
        If any BS kid has the talent or desire for pro, NYCFC is available to them. And free.

Comment

Look at the management team on the Elm website. You think they want to merge with BS? LOL.

Comment

Look at the management team on the Elm website. You think they want to merge with BS? LOL.
            no kidding - lots of locals who know MK all too well.

Comment

Elm City has common ownership with a professional Brazilian club. They have connections to numerous CT colleges. Both offer more than Ulittles would.

Although I agree on your last point
              Most serious soccer clubs around the world have development academies. Elm City needs to build this infrastructure and get better integrated in the local soccer community. Merging with BS would give them instant credibility. Otherwise, Elm City will be destined to be a summer league for college players....

Comment

Most serious soccer clubs around the world have development academies. Elm City needs to build this infrastructure and get better integrated in the local soccer community. Merging with BS would give them instant credibility. Otherwise, Elm City will be destined to be a summer league for college players....
                Actually it's a Summer league for semi pros. There are no current college players on Elm City. The summer league for college players is PDL

I don't disagree with your point. Beachside isn't merging with Elm City, never, period. Maybe ACC or SCP. Combining PDL and NPSL would have some synergies

Will it eventually build a Junior side, perhaps but it's management is all CFC guys so that would be an interesting balancing act

Let's enjoy it for what it is now ... pretty decent soccer

Comment

Actually it's a Summer league for semi pros. There are no current college players on Elm City. The summer league for college players is PDL

I don't disagree with your point. Beachside isn't merging with Elm City, never, period. Maybe ACC or SCP. Combining PDL and NPSL would have some synergies

Will it eventually build a Junior side, perhaps but it's management is all CFC guys so that would be an interesting balancing act

Let's enjoy it for what it is now ... pretty decent soccer
                  I am talking about building a soccer club. Elm City is running a soccer team. Soccer clubs have longevity, and "one-off" soccer teams die quickly as they have not established a solid foundation in the community. I am hoping Elm City continues to build by establishing an academy - follow the global model and build a real soccer club.

Also, PDL and NPSL are rival leagues. No synergies there.

Comment

I am talking about building a soccer club. Elm City is running a soccer team. Soccer clubs have longevity, and "one-off" soccer teams die quickly as they have not established a solid foundation in the community. I am hoping Elm City continues to build by establishing an academy - follow the global model and build a real soccer club.

Also, PDL and NPSL are rival leagues. No synergies there.
                    I understand your point ... you aren't wrong. Clubs need strong foundations

I would say Elm City has reached out to the community. They are attempting to build a foundation. They get decent game crowds. They have a supporters club. They do a strong job on social media. I get emails all the time. The games that I have seen have had Travel teams there. The soccer is exciting

There's just an inherent conflict that the Elm City management team has with running a junior team. I just don't see it happening. Perhaps it can be made a CFC branch

The synergies between the teams would be back room in nature. A common management and scheduling. But the two teams could coexist. If you are college play for the PDL team, if you are out

Comment

I understand your point ... you aren't wrong. Clubs need strong foundations

I would say Elm City has reached out to the community. They are attempting to build a foundation. They get decent game crowds. They have a supporters club. They do a strong job on social media. I get emails all the time. The games that I have seen have had Travel teams there. The soccer is exciting

There's just an inherent conflict that the Elm City management team has with running a junior team. I just don't see it happening. Perhaps it can be made a CFC branch

The synergies between the teams would be back room in nature. A common management and scheduling. But the two teams could coexist. If you are college play for the PDL team, if you are out
                      No club in the USA runs both an NPSL team along with a PDL team. These two league are fierce rivals and there is no love lost between them. NPSL should go to a longer season and become truly a semi-pro league. Leave the college summer league to PDL.

Comment

Some of the MLS clubs don't want to be running DA so why would a foundling lower league club want to run one? The only reason would be to prop up the budget and bring in some extra cash running a premier program. Even if they got DA it probably wouldn't be free, again as they're trying to build it. And the likelihood of getting DA sandwiched right in between OW and BS is pretty slim - only way is if one of the other clubs lost their badge, also unlikely.

Comment

Some of the MLS clubs don't want to be running DA so why would a foundling lower league club want to run one? The only reason would be to prop up the budget and bring in some extra cash running a premier program. Even if they got DA it probably wouldn't be free, again as they're trying to build it. And the likelihood of getting DA sandwiched right in between OW and BS is pretty slim - only way is if one of the other clubs lost their badge, also unlikely.
                          Which MLS clubs don't want to be running DA? The DA is more popular than ever and is growing. Now we have some NASL and USL (Division II) clubs in the academy system as well. Over time, more and more pro clubs will be in the academy league. It is the future.

Where that leaves OW and BS .....I don't know.

Comment

Which MLS clubs don't want to be running DA? The DA is more popular than ever and is growing. Now we have some NASL and USL (Division II) clubs in the academy system as well. Over time, more and more pro clubs will be in the academy league. It is the future.

Where that leaves OW and BS .....I don't know.
                            BS:

No facility, running out of field access

Charging top dollar

Poor coaching

No philosophy/ club style

Encroaching competition

Entire organization based around one individual

Yeah, they're a lock to stay in DA forever.

Comment

I thought the DA was mandating every club has their own facility ?
                              Also beachside did not earn the DA status. It was called BSC which was BeachsideSouthCentral. Not Beachside SOccer Clib. Then the Greek pushed out South Central from the merger.
                              Now Beachside is starting to struggle and with the new Boys ECNL and a few more DA clubs popping up in NY they are losing their drawing area.

Comment

I thought the DA was mandating every club has their own facility ?
                                Also beachside did not earn the DA status. It was called BSC which was BeachsideSouthCentral. Not Beachside SOccer Clib. Then the Greek pushed out South Central from the merger.
                                Now Beachside is starting to struggle and with the new Boys ECNL and a few more DA clubs popping up in NY they are losing their drawing area.
                                The regs say they must have consistent access; a few other clubs rent their own fields as well. But there's definitely pressure to have your own and not having your own makes you vulnerable. Yes BS basically took possession of the badge. A lot of SC kids and staff got screwed in the so called merger

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X