Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tovo

What is this TOVO thing that OYSA is hosting?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is this TOVO thing that OYSA is hosting?
    Come on dude!

The parents on this site wouldn't have a clue what TOVO is.
    TOVO is going to change the game in our area. If a club were smart they would collaborate with them.

Comment

Come on dude!

The parents on this site wouldn't have a clue what TOVO is.
      TOVO is going to change the game in our area. If a club were smart they would collaborate with them.
      it's not actually going to change anything if the kids don't do more with the ball on their own. TOVO is short for Totaal Voetbal. meaning Total Football, meaning Cruyff era Dutch stuff. Which is AWESOME. but how long have we been doing things "the dutch way"? since at least the 80s. and then in the 2000s we started doing things "the barca way" which is "the dutch way". and all along the way people have been doing Coerver stuff, which is "the dutch way".

(i know. most of y'all were doing things the british way that whole time. i was talking about the smarter/better coaches and players. ;) )

again, awesome stuff to learn. awesome stuff to teach. but it's not going to change much. nothing will change until players love to play on their own.

Comment

it's not actually going to change anything if the kids don't do more with the ball on their own. TOVO is short for Totaal Voetbal. meaning Total Football, meaning Cruyff era Dutch stuff. Which is AWESOME. but how long have we been doing things "the dutch way"? since at least the 80s. and then in the 2000s we started doing things "the barca way" which is "the dutch way". and all along the way people have been doing Coerver stuff, which is "the dutch way".

(i know. most of y'all were doing things the british way that whole time. i was talking about the smarter/better coaches and players. ;) )

again, awesome stuff to learn. awesome stuff to teach. but it's not going to change much. nothing will change until players love to play on their own.
        So much truth here. Well - and hilariously - said.

Comment

i'm post #3 up there

btw... you know who also does things at least partly the Dutch way? MJ of GPS fame. and, as you can see, it works fairly well.

like all things, if the theory and the application don't match. well...

Comment

btw... you know who also does things at least partly the Dutch way? MJ of GPS fame. and, as you can see, it works fairly well.

like all things, if the theory and the application don't match. well...
            You guys are a little bit obsessed in pitching GPS - a number of coaches in this town have been influenced by the "Dutch Way". Hell Washington Timbers just flew folks over from Ajax; Eastside coaches have been using Ajax online curriculum in the past; NEU's DOC just did time in Belgium and Holland Academies; there are a number of Oregon coaches that are influenced by Klieban brothers, who are heavily influenced by Barca, which in turn is heavily influenced by the Dutch (or at least it was in the early days of its academy).

Comment

You guys are a little bit obsessed in pitching GPS - a number of coaches in this town have been influenced by the "Dutch Way". Hell Washington Timbers just flew folks over from Ajax; Eastside coaches have been using Ajax online curriculum in the past; NEU's DOC just did time in Belgium and Holland Academies; there are a number of Oregon coaches that are influenced by Klieban brothers, who are heavily influenced by Barca, which in turn is heavily influenced by the Dutch (or at least it was in the early days of its academy).
              dude. that's what we just said. everyone does it. so tovo isn't going to change much.

Comment

dude. that's what we just said. everyone does it. so tovo isn't going to change much.
                I don't understand why you are pimping MJ in every freakin thread on here. I get GPS has tshirts to sell, but the constant self-promotion gets old.

Comment

I don't understand why you are pimping MJ in every freakin thread on here. I get GPS has tshirts to sell, but the constant self-promotion gets old.
                  Is it self-promotion if it isn't MJ or his club parents and players posting these things? Like him or not, he's really good at coaching this type of soccer.

Comment

Is it self-promotion if it isn't MJ or his club parents and players posting these things? Like him or not, he's really good at coaching this type of soccer.
                    i said "fairly well". that's not a ringing endorsement, exactly. that's like "competent+".

(i'm #3)

i guess i place more value on words than some.

my intent was to lump everyone in oregon that does things the dutch way as, the same old stuff as has been going on since the 80s. and then point out that it doesn't much matter unless you're good at coaching it, and that even that doesn't mean a ton if the players don't love the game, and the ball, on their own.

Comment

i said "fairly well". that's not a ringing endorsement, exactly. that's like "competent+".

(i'm #3)

i guess i place more value on words than some.

my intent was to lump everyone in oregon that does things the dutch way as, the same old stuff as has been going on since the 80s. and then point out that it doesn't much matter unless you're good at coaching it, and that even that doesn't mean a ton if the players don't love the game, and the ball, on their own.
                      How do you know if he is even competent at it? He inherited a technically good team at BSC, took them to another club, and has spent a good amount of time recruiting players that were already technically sound.

If you are bringing him up because it about the only subject on this forum that gets any interest, than fine; but plenty of better examples of local trainers leveraging dutch approaches (getting nauseas typing that because "dutch approaches" is kind bull **** anyways).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X