Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USYS Nationals - state cup

I remember reading on here weeks ago about how state cup is such a waste, blah, blah, blah, and disparaging teams who won or even competed.

Well, here is the list of colleges attending the regional championships in VA.

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...ships/coaches/

Not bad by any means. The many DI coaches attending regionals do not share the assessment many of the usual negative people on TS spouted here.

in some states the system hasn't completely fallen apart, teams are still very competitive and talented and winning the state championship still means something. same with odp. unfortunately both in ct have become non factors. its fantastic for the ct teams to win and to get a chance to play other states. it's an experience they won't ever forget. but for the most part the better players in ct are on regional teams in other leagues (ecnl, edp, npl, da). the likelihood of these ct players getting recruited is low. coaches will see what they see. just being in playoffs isn't going to get you recruited, your talent does.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I remember reading on here weeks ago about how state cup is such a waste, blah, blah, blah, and disparaging teams who won or even competed.

Well, here is the list of colleges attending the regional championships in VA.

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...ships/coaches/

Not bad by any means. The many DI coaches attending regionals do not share the assessment many of the usual negative people on TS spouted here.

FYI. The majority of head coaches or their assistants will try to attend as much soccer events as possible especially ones that will have a gathering of players from other states.
      For example MM from Yankee will be there representing Brown , I highly doubt hes watching any kid from CT that is neither playing ECNL or NPL, there's players from Yankee that are more recruitable than BEACHSIDE Im sure, hes also there for those kids who never play on this side of the country to be seen and allow Brown to get that opportunity.
      So unless some kid from CT wants to attend Iowa State or some other further west coast school I wouldn't start notifying Top Draw just yet, those big schools can be pretty darn competitive with sports .Academics will be the easy part and you can pretty much get in to most of those institutes with a 2.8 probably get more money from the school than the coach will give. Its a little complex and you will disappointed on what your D will be offered for all the years of commitment, travels, hotels , parental drama and lost sleep worrying about soccer.

Comment

I also forgot to say, every player will most likely receive a wave of email invites to clinics or camps , the coaches make a ton of money on summer camps probably more than what they get paid at the institute they coach for.
        Most will jump on it believing their D was pacifically singled out but if you ask the parent of the worst player on your team , she most likely got the same email.

A lot of con games out there.
        Enjoy the event.

Comment

Players from other states may get recruited from this but few from CT will. Our best don't play in state any longer.

Comment

Players from other states may get recruited from this but few from CT will. Our best don't play in state any longer.
            My point to my previous reply was not saying CT girls couldn't get recruited.
            Knowing that the CT players are from the FC area I'm sure the majority are looking at a high Institute such as the Brown etc etc but the truth is the ones that will be knocking will most likely be the Portland State,Robert Morris PA, Marshall University WV and there's many more. There's a school for just about everyone and the College coaches don't have anything better to do right now apart from recruiting so they get to see thousands of girls play. I think most parents don't really get that but there is thousands of players out there for the coaches to choose from and most times it's about what position that's need for the year or two upcoming.
            I would pretty much say defenders are always needed then tactical mids and goalkeepers, last but least is the forward and you only need 2 or 3 any other so called forward or weak player is probably paying through the nose and helping either the gpa or funding the Alumni club.

Comment

My point to my previous reply was not saying CT girls couldn't get recruited.
              Knowing that the CT players are from the FC area I'm sure the majority are looking at a high Institute such as the Brown etc etc but the truth is the ones that will be knocking will most likely be the Portland State,Robert Morris PA, Marshall University WV and there's many more. There's a school for just about everyone and the College coaches don't have anything better to do right now apart from recruiting so they get to see thousands of girls play. I think most parents don't really get that but there is thousands of players out there for the coaches to choose from and most times it's about what position that's need for the year or two upcoming.
              I would pretty much say defenders are always needed then tactical mids and goalkeepers, last but least is the forward and you only need 2 or 3 any other so called forward or weak player is probably paying through the nose and helping either the gpa or funding the Alumni club.
              you have shown yourself to absolutely zilch about recruiting
              Defenders are always the last to get love and forwards are the first- you want to know why? HS forwards can play D but high school defenders can't play forward

Comment

Defenders are always the last to get love and forwards are the first- you want to know why? HS forwards can play D but high school defenders can't play forward
                Really? Wow. On my college team, d1, big east, the two top scorers were high school sweepers. At this level the fit happens from coach perspective, not a label

Comment

Not the OP and I have no interest in this post but I couldn't help myself I just have to put my input into this one.

You sir are a complete idiot!
                  I can't believe you mentioned HS soccer tactics in regards to college recruiting.
                  No wonder I hate HS soccer.
                  My kid is a NON athlete student at Stanford so I support the men's team every year, maybe you should look at their roster and see how many forwards they had on the 2015 and 2016 D1 championship squad you may learn a thing or two and BTW most of the midfielders were defensive Mids.
                  hhtp://www.gostanford.com/roster.aspx?roster=390&path=msoc something here's the link.

Comment

http://www.gostanford.com/roster.asp...=390&path=msoc

Comment

Not the OP and I have no interest in this post but I couldn't help myself I just have to put my input into this one.

You sir are a complete idiot!
                      I can't believe you mentioned HS soccer tactics in regards to college recruiting.
                      No wonder I hate HS soccer.
                      My kid is a NON athlete student at Stanford so I support the men's team every year, maybe you should look at their roster and see how many forwards they had on the 2015 and 2016 D1 championship squad you may learn a thing or two and BTW most of the midfielders were defensive Mids.
                      hhtp://www.gostanford.com/roster.aspx?roster=390&path=msoc something here's the link.
                      your kid going to stamford means nothing ( but thanks for sharing) he's smart, you not so much (
                      never mentioned HS tactics, mentioned HS positions because its HS athletes that colleges recruit -try to keep up proud Stamf dad
                      have had 3 kids recruited so i think i know a little bit about it

Comment

your kid going to stamford means nothing ( but thanks for sharing) he's smart, you not so much (
                        never mentioned HS tactics, mentioned HS positions because its HS athletes that colleges recruit -try to keep up proud Stamf dad
                        have had 3 kids recruited so i think i know a little bit about it
                        Apparently you not so much smart either, it's Stanford, with an N. Three kids recruited my arse.

Comment

Apparently you not so much smart either, it's Stanford, with an N. Three kids recruited my arse.
                          Parental smarts, or lack thereof, generally doesn't impact an athlete's ability to be recruited. Try again "Stanford dad"

not the OP

Comment

Parental smarts, or lack thereof, generally doesn't impact an athlete's ability to be recruited. Try again "Stanford dad"

not the OP
                            Umm, yeah thanks for the clarification on that, I had no idea. You sound smart too, you must have gone to Printston.

Not the Stanford Dad.

Comment

How do you know? His kid could go to stamford or norwalk or even gateway up in new haven. You don't know, do you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X