Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other options

Have your kid go play at Yankee, BS, or SCP instead of sitting the bench or not even being rostered on ECNL or DA teams. At least there they may play and get better. The coaching at each is at least equal to if not better than ECNL coaching. Plus, those teams are putting kids in showcases to be seen by coaches. If you have delusions of your kid playing at Ohio State or North Carolina, then that might not be the path for you. However, if your kid wants to play DIII, DII -- or maybe even at a low DI, then give it a serious thought. I know people with kids on each of those teams, and each of them is getting recruited. Again, if you are a soccer elitist and think that only big time DI is the way to go, then skip this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Fixed it for you.
      Fixed it for you. Fixed it for you. Fixed it for you. Gets funnier every single time we see it.

Comment

Have your kid go play at Yankee, BS, or SCP instead of sitting the bench or not even being rostered on ECNL or DA teams. At least there they may play and get better. The coaching at each is at least equal to if not better than ECNL coaching. Plus, those teams are putting kids in showcases to be seen by coaches. If you have delusions of your kid playing at Ohio State or North Carolina, then that might not be the path for you. However, if your kid wants to play DIII, DII -- or maybe even at a low DI, then give it a serious thought. I know people with kids on each of those teams, and each of them is getting recruited. Again, if you are a soccer elitist and think that only big time DI is the way to go, then skip this post.
        Plenty of CFC NPL kids and ECNL kids that don't play a ton that end up at decent places that are the right fit. What makes me laugh is you assume the parents weren't informed where their daughter stood/stand. They're grown adults making the best decision for their daughters. It must be nice to think you know best for other people's kids. My guess is you are the parent of a kid on one of those "other" programs and are upset they didn't come to you. Worry about your own kid and leave the others to worry about theirs. Last I checked, no one is forced to play anywhere.

Comment

That's rich - GDA rosters are an average of 23 (as per USDA website) and allow for up to at least 6 (more?) "practice" players. I'm no fan of CFC's plan but let's not pretend GDA will be any better on that front.

Let's not forget that these larger roster numbers are no different than most college programs. Not everyone gets to dress on game day in college either. These players will be prepared to compete week in and week out for the privilege of suiting up.

Comment

Why doesn't ECNL put a cap to the number of players on the roster? That's just absurd to have 27 players on a roster.
            ECNL rules say the cap is at 30.

Comment

Plenty of CFC NPL kids and ECNL kids that don't play a ton that end up at decent places that are the right fit. What makes me laugh is you assume the parents weren't informed where their daughter stood/stand. They're grown adults making the best decision for their daughters. It must be nice to think you know best for other people's kids. My guess is you are the parent of a kid on one of those "other" programs and are upset they didn't come to you. Worry about your own kid and leave the others to worry about theirs. Last I checked, no one is forced to play anywhere.
              As I was reading this thread these were my exact thoughts. If you are happy where you are, why do you care what other people do. I really do not understand.

No, I'm not a CFC parent.

Comment

Like another said - what are the options? FSA? Nope. OW? GDA isn't for everyone. Driving to NY or MA clubs isn't an option for most parts of the state. I can see why they're picking the best of the worst options.
                I can understand girls not wanting to give up high school and play GDA, but why not go to FSA and play in ECNL games? This makes no sense. Parents must not be getting honest feedback from CFC coaches and are being led to believe that their kid will be playing a lot. If they are adding 5 new players, they aren't going to be starters or they will be bumping players from starting and no one is going to be happy. Someone isn't getting the real story

Comment

I can understand girls not wanting to give up high school and play GDA, but why not go to FSA and play in ECNL games? This makes no sense. Parents must not be getting honest feedback from CFC coaches and are being led to believe that their kid will be playing a lot. If they are adding 5 new players, they aren't going to be starters or they will be bumping players from starting and no one is going to be happy. Someone isn't getting the real story
                  Every ECNL kid and parent was told the deal and given several options. Train with their current ECNL team and play most games with the U18 ECNL Composite team. Movement could happen but would not be regular or promised. Play with the NPL team in their age group. Or move to another club and the club would support the move with no hard feelings. This happened via multiple emails and also phone calls and in person meetings. There were kids that didn't get a ton of minutes with their team this year (but played in many U18 games), so clearly they understood the likelihood of playing more next year. No pressure was placed. Every player decided to return.

CFC Parent

Comment

Every ECNL kid and parent was told the deal and given several options. Train with their current ECNL team and play most games with the U18 ECNL Composite team. Movement could happen but would not be regular or promised. Play with the NPL team in their age group. Or move to another club and the club would support the move with no hard feelings. This happened via multiple emails and also phone calls and in person meetings. There were kids that didn't get a ton of minutes with their team this year (but played in many U18 games), so clearly they understood the likelihood of playing more next year. No pressure was placed. Every player decided to return.

CFC Parent
                    Hahahaha. Did you ever hear the saying, "He who represents himself has a fool for a client." Quote by Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hahahaha. Did you ever hear the saying, "He who represents himself has a fool for a client." Quote by Abraham Lincoln
                      No, but I've heard, "Far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt." Also Lincoln

Comment

No, but I've heard, "Far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt." Also Lincoln
                        Look what you did. You have removed all doubt. Fool!

Comment

CFC Parent
                          That's because parents of players 19 to 27, think they are players of 11 to 18. When they realize where they stand reality will set in.

Comment

My kid played on a cfc team with a roster of 26. No player sat for more than one half of one half for any game the whole season.

True story....

Comment

So if each kid played a half, you can play more than 22 players you tool

Comment

That's because parents of players 19 to 27, think they are players of 11 to 18. When they realize where they stand reality will set in.
                                A lot of truth to that statement. But then whose fault is that?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X