Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, PKs are definitely the best way to measure the skill level and future of soccer players abilities. You must be the parent that says their kid is the greatest because they can juggle a thousand times. Go back to coaching rec.
    No of course making PKs doesn't tell you anything. Sounds like a bizarre game if the account is true. But you're missing the OP's broader point about player development and what players are giving up to largely end up at low level D1s and academic D3s where grades matter more than soccer. This is a broader issue with many non MLS DA clubs, not just OW. Most MLS clubs are ramping up their efforts with things like residency programs (except for the Revs who spend the least money possible) while non MLS clubs can never afford to keep up. A smaller club like OW is going to feel a financial pinch with having GDA as well

Comment

No of course making PKs doesn't tell you anything. Sounds like a bizarre game if the account is true. But you're missing the OP's broader point about player development and what players are giving up to largely end up at low level D1s and academic D3s where grades matter more than soccer. This is a broader issue with many non MLS DA clubs, not just OW. Most MLS clubs are ramping up their efforts with things like residency programs (except for the Revs who spend the least money possible) while non MLS clubs can never afford to keep up. A smaller club like OW is going to feel a financial pinch with having GDA as well
      Aaaannnnd we'll be just fine thx. Doing it the right way since day 1 & no mergers necessary or considered. Only CT club in the top boys and girls league in the country. Committed to the game, not the bottom line.

Comment

No mergers or acquisitions because no one wants to work with RD

Comment

Yes, PKs are definitely the best way to measure the skill level and future of soccer players abilities. You must be the parent that says their kid is the greatest because they can juggle a thousand times. Go back to coaching rec.
          Sorry missing 3 PKs at 15 that they were trying to hit is pretty pathetic. Especially two in a row, cmon man

Perhaps the fourth was ordered missed so that the other three would be forgotten

Comment

At some point, Hartford will get a professional soccer club - NASL or USL. And by that time, one of the conditions to getting a pro team approved by USSF would be that the pro club would be required to start/acquire a youth academy and to make it "free to play".

OW is the natural target.

Comment

At some point, Hartford will get a professional soccer club - NASL or USL. And by that time, one of the conditions to getting a pro team approved by USSF would be that the pro club would be required to start/acquire a youth academy and to make it "free to play".

OW is the natural target.
              New minor league professional teams have a lot more to focus on (like meeting payroll, rent, etc.) than acquiring a youth academy.

Comment

I'm not missing it at all. They aren't giving up anything. That's the point everyone doesn't get. They made a choice. You have no idea what they are thinking and what they "miss". Maybe they don't miss it at all. And clearly the OP was trying to make a point about the PKs. I've seen World Cup and EPL teams miss just as many in shootouts. And the worst players on those teams is better and knows more about the game than that turd. Where they end up doesn't reflect their soccer talent. Academics does. Again, I don't expect the PK guy to understand this. He's too busy joysticking his kid from the sideline.

Comment

Aaaannnnd we'll be just fine thx. Doing it the right way since day 1 & no mergers necessary or considered. Only CT club in the top boys and girls league in the country. Committed to the game, not the bottom line.
                  Definitely not true. OW goes through coaches faster than any other club in the state. They can't form good relationships. Just look at their indoor leagues. No one plays there anymore because they don't know how to treat customers.

Comment

Thanks for listing the current u18's. The team that played yesterday and missed all the pk's was their 2001 pre-academy team, u15's.
                    you missed my point.

boys make sacrifices to play academy (such as no high school) all for the dream (playing pro).

What do you get for that?

Inability to hit a pk

third rate college commitment

That's why the mens national team is a joke.....its feeder system I garbage

At least ECNL states their goal is college and for the most part, girls in ecnl from ct go to some great schools

One note on the girls side. Yankee commitment list is up. One interesting commit. D1. However, no mention by the college when they mentioned their incoming class in February on signing day. I take that to mean the kid got into Colgate on her own based on academics (congrats, it is a very good school) and will be going to school there and maybe playing club soccer or will be the team manager. Yankee listing it as a commit I weak

Comment

I'm not missing it at all. They aren't giving up anything. That's the point everyone doesn't get. They made a choice. You have no idea what they are thinking and what they "miss". Maybe they don't miss it at all. And clearly the OP was trying to make a point about the PKs. I've seen World Cup and EPL teams miss just as many in shootouts. And the worst players on those teams is better and knows more about the game than that turd. Where they end up doesn't reflect their soccer talent. Academics does. Again, I don't expect the PK guy to understand this. He's too busy joysticking his kid from the sideline.
                      There really were no options before. With boys ECNL now they will have choices. Clubs like OW are going to lose some players and their replacements won't be as strong

Comment

Funny. My kid's team has won 2 gamed on pk's this year.

Comment

There really were no options before. With boys ECNL now they will have choices. Clubs like OW are going to lose some players and their replacements won't be as strong
                          They were losing players before ecnl

Comment

The pressure of a World Cup shootout does a lot of strange things but sorry it's not applicable to a U15 team missing three

PS. EPL doesn't have PK shootouts

Comment

Where did LA go?

Comment

Where did LA go?
                                Someone said previously she went to NEFC. Is she a good coach?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X