Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One year (or should I say 4 months) in DA and already some discussion about playing HS instead? I'd have to imagine that missing the high school playoff experience (even if it's not always great soccer) will take a bigger toll on girls than expected. I bet you'll see this happening at a number of schools.
    I've heard the same.

Comment

I've heard the same.
      When you play for a D1 central MA power, it's an easier decision.

Comment

Had nothing to do with motivation and bulletin board material. Wachusett being the #1 seed has all the motivation they need to get to the CMass finals. Instead it was smart coaching to double and triple team Marlboro's biggest (and really, only) threat to upset them.

I don't give HS coaches credit often because they typically employ a brutish, kick-and-run style, but Wachusett coaches knew what they needed to do and their girls executed it successfully.

On the other side of the field, Wachusett's mids and strikers outhustled and outmuscled Marlboro's mids and defenders. Despite a 1-1 score at the half, Wachusett clearly dominated play and the Panther's goalie kept them in the game as long as she could.

Marlboro loses a few seniors going into next year but most of their impact players (offense, defense and keeper) return. They'll be back with addition of a couple NPL players entering HS, and some discussion that their two DAP players may choose to return as well. All good news for Marlboro and for CMass soccer.

- Marlboro fan
        The best news for Marlboro for next year is graduating classes of 11+ for Westboro, Nashoba and Algonquin.

Comment

I don't give HS coaches credit often because they typically employ a brutish, kick-and-run style, but Wachusett coaches knew what they needed to do and their girls executed it successfully.

On the other side of the field, Wachusett's mids and strikers outhustled and outmuscled Marlboro's mids and defenders. Despite a 1-1 score at the half, Wachusett clearly dominated play and the Panther's goalie kept them in the game as long as she could.

- Marlboro fan
          I may have been looking away or rolling my eyes at the ref and I did go to the bathroom once, but did either team string more than 2 passes together? I guess the big crowds and the playoff atmosphere is great for the kids and all, but after watching whatever that was and thanking God it wasn't being played tonight instead and really freezing my ass off, the warmer weather and actual soccer of next spring can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Wachusett 2 Gonk 1. Wachusett Central Mass Champions.

Comment

Wachusett 2 Gonk 1. Wachusett Central Mass Champions.
              Game wasn't even close ! What a second 1/2 whoop a... put on the tomahawks by the Mountaineers !!

Comment

Game wasn't even close ! What a second 1/2 whoop a... put on the tomahawks by the Mountaineers !!
                It was close. Although Wach had more chances, I've seen them lose games like that. Like last year's final. 3rd time is a charm though.

Comment

Hot take.

Comment

Great game, big momentum swings, and plenty of chances for both teams that were near misses. Wachusett controlled the first 15-20 minutes of each half. Algonquin had their run at the end of each half, probably a bit lucky to have the lead at half. Good luck to Wachusett, certainly deserved to win and have a good chance to win a couple more games.

Comment

Great game, big momentum swings, and plenty of chances for both teams that were near misses. Wachusett controlled the first 15-20 minutes of each half. Algonquin had their run at the end of each half, probably a bit lucky to have the lead at half. Good luck to Wachusett, certainly deserved to win and have a good chance to win a couple more games.
                      Fair assessment. Good luck to Wachusett!

Comment

I'm predicting a win for Wachusett of 4-0.

Comment

That's fabulous.

Comment

Going to PKs. So you were pretty close.

Comment

Wachusett versus Westford Academy in the final.

Comment

Wachusett versus Westford Academy in the final.
                                Where and when ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X