Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Since you seem to know, please tell us who they are?
    Go to the awesome new website and look at the coaches credentials.

Comment

Look at their new fancy website and check out the coaches.

Its a joke! A lot of them have only coached town rec soccer.

Comment

Bolts south is full of dads that have never played more thn rec soccer.

LOL Feed money to the academy teams folks! LMAO

Comment

I'm wondering what deep seated pathological need having such a public orgasm filled.
          Loyalty to something that has been good for my kid.

And wrong again. Not a newbie. I wish I had a "blue-devil-buck" for every time you're wrong in a day.

Comment

Another club-wide communication came out Friday (not just an ad promoting the club or their elite teams' activities, mind you) and I couldn't be more excited to have my kid as part of this organization.

The goal of the club and the roadmap for the boys and girls programs was clearly articulated by the FC Boston President ("JP", or am I allowed to mention his name?). It also included updates on winter futsal, the 24-hour fundraiser for Mass Special Olympics and FC Boston Foundation, a brand new Winter Futsal Classic for U9-U18, the boys Development Academy extending their age groups, the club's Junior Academy, and more.

The web site (www.fcboston.org) continues to get populated after starting from scratch post-Breakers, and the teams are posted across all ages, levels and regions. Yes, there are some pom-pom articles about a Bolts player called to National team camp and a Scorps player called to National team camp. But it's mostly good info about the club and its teams.

As winter training continues and the FC Boston branding kicks in (patches, pinnies, spirit, etc.) I can feel the momentum taking hold. My daughter is excited to be a "Scorpion" again. Spring schedules are set and we await the bracket announcements for tournaments up and down the east coast.

There is more excitement heading into this spring than there has been in several years. Great things are happening at FC Boston.

*Note: I'm not Fred, I don't work for the club, I don't get a thing for posting this. I'm just hoping to share the good things as opposed to bashing anyone else.
            Good Post. You'll get bashed pretty quickly for being positive. This site only likes misery.
            As a parent of a Bolts player, no much has really changed over the years, except my kids getting a chance to play on different teams, even in season, and coaching has gotten better.
            The acquisitions, mergers, and name change hasn't affected me yet. Training, schedules, games, and overall development is still excellent and the cost is reasonable.
            Its just club soccer, probably similar to many other clubs out there.

Comment

Fred has the players best intentions in mind. You might not like him but the best thing he did was get rid of Breakers affiliation. It was a ripoff to him and false promises from the Breakers! We rarely had a player come to training and if they did they could care less about the girls.

Comment

We rarely had a player come to training and if they did they could care less about the girls.
                My daughter's experience was similar in the rarity, although the players who did visit (once a year, maybe) were great with the kids. Very engaged and entertaining. They had the girls eating out of the palms of their hands. Unfortunately it was never sustained or prioritized. I suspect the same will happen with the new partnership, except of course for the Elite level teams. They will get more attention and the others will foot the bill.

Comment

Fred has the players best intentions in mind. You might not like him but the best thing he did was get rid of Breakers affiliation. It was a ripoff to him and false promises from the Breakers! We rarely had a player come to training and if they did they could care less about the girls.
                  We have starting Breaker players coaching at Valeo. Maybe FC Boston should pay them more.

Comment

Good Post. You'll get bashed pretty quickly for being positive. This site only likes misery.
                    As a parent of a Bolts player, no much has really changed over the years, except my kids getting a chance to play on different teams, even in season, and coaching has gotten better.
                    The acquisitions, mergers, and name change hasn't affected me yet. Training, schedules, games, and overall development is still excellent and the cost is reasonable.
                    Its just club soccer, probably similar to many other clubs out there.
                    Feel sorry for you that you think all of this is "normal" for club soccer. Certainly speaks to the amount dysfunction in the Bolts. Have to wonder just how either side of this organization is going to keep this stinking pile of goo from hitting the fan.

Comment

Feel sorry for you that you think all of this is "normal" for club soccer. Certainly speaks to the amount dysfunction in the Bolts. Have to wonder just how either side of this organization is going to keep this stinking pile of goo from hitting the fan.
                      I'm not the original poster you're responding to, but I can tell you many families are excited about what's happening with FC Boston.

Comment

Kids have played for other clubs too, one still does, pretty much the same. Have heard some horror stories out there too, especially in the central and western part of the state. My oldest developed and achieved goals I honestly didn't think were achievable. Part of it was club training and part self determination. Overall my expectations were met and my kids have had a good experience overall.

Comment

Yet another example of you not being nasty, btdt? Does your Dad know about this behavior? Might be time for him to ground you for a couple of weeks.

Comment

I'm not the original poster you're responding to, but I can tell you many families are excited about what's happening with FC Boston.
                            LOL. Seriously, what exactly do they have to be excited about? Did I miss something, did Fred engineer something here other than the split from the Breakers? Is that what you are excited about, being pushed away from the Breakers? Most could care less whether you like the club or not, but statements like this are what causes the constant diarrhea directed at the club. It just doesn't pass the sniff test and comes across as Fred (whom everyone knows uses this site as his personal social media site) just throwing out obvious lies and false hope. So what exactly is there to be so excite about? Who is going to coach their teams? Where are they coming from? What's the plan for improving the level of play on the field? Is there a plan? The Scorpions reputation for just hyping themselves without substance is pretty well deserved so what are you pumped and jacked about, where is the substance behind all your enthusiasm?

Comment

LOL. Seriously, what exactly do they have to be excited about? Did I miss something, did Fred engineer something here other than the split from the Breakers? Is that what you are excited about, being pushed away from the Breakers? Most could care less whether you like the club or not, but statements like this are what causes the constant diarrhea directed at the club. It just doesn't pass the sniff test and comes across as Fred (whom everyone knows uses this site as his personal social media site) just throwing out obvious lies and false hope. So what exactly is there to be so excite about? Who is going to coach their teams? Where are they coming from? What's the plan for improving the level of play on the field? Is there a plan? The Scorpions reputation for just hyping themselves without substance is pretty well deserved so what are you pumped and jacked about, where is the substance behind all your enthusiasm?
                              For whatever team you are talking about, coaches are listed on the website.

Comment

Can only speak for myself and the parents I speak with from the same team and during winter trainings, but we are happy the Breakers are no longer calling the shots. We are happy to have the strong Boys Bolts program alongside the girls program. We are happy that it can be a kids youth soccer club again instead of a "pathway to the professional development" crap, which was unrealistic for 99% of the kids anyway. We are happy to still have the ECNL team, which is universally considered a level higher in competition nationally than NPL (even though my kid doesn't play on that team, it's still nice to root for the top teams in the club). We are happy to hear renewed commitment to the kids from the highest levels of the organization, rather than just promos for upcoming games at Dilboy or Harvard Stadium.

So you can tell me how I'm supposed to feel (how WE'RE supposed to feel) if that makes you feel better or smarter or superior in some pathetic way. But you won't change my mind. In fact, you're strengthening my resolve.

Yup, many families are excited about what's happening at FC Boston.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X