• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Yankee United the slimest club in connectciut

Post your comments here.

Go away.

Comment

Hey Beachbum, the site has been absent of personal attacks lately and it has been refreshing. Can we please end the slander here? Please delete this thread.

Comment

They're the SLIMest? That's good because they'll set a good example for being fit and will look better in coaching kits.

Comment

Agreed...CFC Dad. I

Comment

Not sure which is worse - all the club-slamming threads (most of which are against YU) or the recent twelve hour delays in posts. Personally I prefer the later if it means getting rid of the trash talk

Comment

Yes, yes they are.

Comment

If a player does not get a penny of soccer scholarship do they receive a NLI?

Comment

Hello Yankees

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  I was told by my father we moving to Connecticut. I play soccer and train with guozu. I want to play for the Yankees. How do I do this?
                  Thank you

Comment

You only sign a NLI if you get an Athletic scholarship. So if the coach offered you a penny you would get a NLI. If he didn't offer a penny but offered a roster spot there would be no NLI.

Comment

So how many kids are really signing a NLI? I"m sure most are but no way are they all. The parents ego's must be shot. This is one way to be able to call someone to what they got in athletic money.

Comment

So how many kids are really signing a NLI? I"m sure most are but no way are they all. The parents ego's must be shot. This is one way to be able to call someone to what they got in athletic money.
                        Why do you care so much if it isn't your kid, team or club? What is your end game? You people that try and persuade or convince people that Yankee is so bad (or any club) really think all the bashing works. You're idiots. To date I haven't heard a parent say "I'm leaving Yankee because of something I read on TS".

Comment

You only sign a NLI if you get an Athletic scholarship. So if the coach offered you a penny you would get a NLI. If he didn't offer a penny but offered a roster spot there would be no NLI.
                          Kudos to CT girls who received an athletic scholarship to a D1/D2 school and signed the NLI to seal the deal and CT girls who will play soccer in college without a scholarship. Many of the top clubs have girls playing soccer at D1 - D3 schools next year. Who cares which club they play for? Be happy for these girls for achieving their dreams to play soccer in college.

Comment

right thread

Kudos to CT girls who received an athletic scholarship to a D1/D2 school and signed the NLI to seal the deal and CT girls who will play soccer in college without a scholarship. Many of the top clubs have girls playing soccer at D1 - D3 schools next year. Who cares which club they play for? Be happy for these girls for achieving their dreams to play soccer in college.
                            I just wanted to make sure the Yankee NLI"e" was on the right thread. Shameful that JN perpetrated a fraud when he had a mock NLI signing for a Yankee player who also played for him at St Joes. Discussed on the signing day thread for all who want to know the truth about a coach who is all about himself and his image. MM, the asst coach is also guilty by association although his true involvement is unknown. You cant play robin to batman and claim to not know who bruce wayne really is.

Comment

I just wanted to make sure the Yankee NLI"e" was on the right thread. Shameful that JN perpetrated a fraud when he had a mock NLI signing for a Yankee player who also played for him at St Joes. Discussed on the signing day thread for all who want to know the truth about a coach who is all about himself and his image. MM, the asst coach is also guilty by association although his true involvement is unknown. You cant play robin to batman and claim to not know who bruce wayne really is.
                              Then you also need to call out NP (CFC affiliated) at Joel Barlow for doing the same with his players. Now granted in that case it was probably more driven by a certain set of obsessed parents, but he and the AD must have known. The general vibe on that thread is that while having such photo ops takes away from the athletes who do earn a D1 scholarship, likely many schools participate in these mock-signing photo-ops because they are proud of athletes going on to play sports in college, scholarship or not. Most town residents and the so-called reporters on these rag-tag local papers don't understand the difference.

Here's hoping WM and MM never start wearing unitards an capes on the field.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X