Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Laugh as you very well may, but you will see the GDA rise to regional dominance over the next year. Most of our training is done in nearly closed ambient sessions with multiple formations being drilled into our teams. The athleticism we all knew was always there. Now we have the coaching and guardian angles such as Tobin in our stead. Watch out world as I will not be surprised when I see 4 - 8 Portland GDA players emerge as starter for the NWSL within the next 4 years. We wanted to be part of a truly top-tier league and thats what we already are after 3 months! And don't believe the FAKE NEWS about other teams chiming into our GDA - its a select and determined process and those decisions don't come quickly!
    Tobin's a guardian angle? Who knew. Is she acute or obtuse?

Comment

"Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
      Eastside Timbers
      Clackamas
      Pacific
      PCU
      Thorns

This would be a great GDA division and would save time driving to pummel Burlingame and those unfortunate north cal teams."

Finally bringing in the Eastside Timbers a powerhouse girl program. Clackamas and Pacific are great girls clubs as well.

The GDA is really shaping up to be a great third option for local girls. Go Thorns."

After floundering for three years this will really be great for the Thorns program. Getting a chance to match up against Pacific and PCU in the same weekend without a long hot sweaty drive is a huge win.
      Finally a good move. We've all been waiting for this.

Comment

Finally a good move. We've all been waiting for this.
        Pacific is a quality girls program and perfect for DA. Thorns will enjoy playing them. But Eastside? They have been awful for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Laugh as you very well may, but you will see the GDA rise to regional dominance over the next year. Most of our training is done in nearly closed ambient sessions with multiple formations being drilled into our teams. The athleticism we all knew was always there. Now we have the coaching and guardian angles such as Tobin in our stead. Watch out world as I will not be surprised when I see 4 - 8 Portland GDA players emerge as starter for the NWSL within the next 4 years. We wanted to be part of a truly top-tier league and thats what we already are after 3 months! And don't believe the FAKE NEWS about other teams chiming into our GDA - its a select and determined process and those decisions don't come quickly!
          03 coach is a joke of a coach. Just because she has a British accent and picks up all the wazee's and soccer balls after the Thorns practice does not make her a good coach. look at her past record, it's terrible. Quit on her teams this last year a month before State Cup real classy. Good luck with that

Comment

03 coach is a joke of a coach. Just because she has a British accent and picks up all the wazee's and soccer balls after the Thorns practice does not make her a good coach. look at her past record, it's terrible. Quit on her teams this last year a month before State Cup real classy. Good luck with that
            Bitter?

Comment

Pacific is a quality girls program and perfect for DA. Thorns will enjoy playing them. But Eastside? They have been awful for as long as I can remember.
              So oregon girls DA will be Thorns Academy, Eastside Timbers, PCU, Pacific and Clackamas? They can just play in the OYSA 2nd division.

Comment

So oregon girls DA will be Thorns Academy, Eastside Timbers, PCU, Pacific and Clackamas? They can just play in the OYSA 2nd division.
                This happened? What?

Comment

Wow a ton of ecnl girls trying out for odp...https://portland-mp7static.mlsdigita...rlsODPPool.pdf

Comment

Thorns want and need to win so these are smart clubs to add to the DA.

Comment

Eastside Timbers
                      Clackamas
                      Pacific
                      PCU
                      Thorns

This would be a great GDA division and would save time driving to pummel Burlingame and those unfortunate north cal teams.

Finally! This is exciting. Time to really make this happen. I know the timbers will be happy for less driving to Northern California to beat the wits out of weak teams.
                      Girls Development Academy bringing in quality programs like Eastside Timbers and Clackamas would be a step in the right direction."

Excellent development.

Comment

Wow a ton of ecnl girls trying out for odp...https://portland-mp7static.mlsdigita...rlsODPPool.pdf
                        That's because they all see the writing on the wall.

Comment

Eastside Timbers
                          Clackamas
                          Pacific
                          PCU
                          Thorns

This would be a great GDA division and would save time driving to pummel Burlingame and those unfortunate north cal teams.

Finally! This is exciting. Time to really make this happen. I know the timbers will be happy for less driving to Northern California to beat the wits out of weak teams.
                          Girls Development Academy bringing in quality programs like Eastside Timbers and Clackamas would be a step in the right direction."

Excellent development.
                          This will be a big step up from the Beaverton cup for Thorns.

Comment

In three years the thorns adademy had gotten one or two college signings. This is not good but its not terrible either if the girls are just out to have some fun and play soccer
                            Thorns are a pro track! Not geared to college so the lack of college players over the years is not a failure by any means.

Comment

Thinking Ahead

I wonder if any of the 03 Academy parents have thought about the fact that they will need to merge with the 02 players next year. Looking at the 01/02 roster, I see a good number of 02's who are quality players - likely permanent starters. When you take the 02's and combine with the 03's, about 10 players will have to go - and I think it's safe to say none of the 02's will be cut. So some of those 03's are giving up their freshman year of HS soccer, and other HS sports and extracurriculars, only to be cut in a year. Probably not much of a risk for the top 10 03's...but the rest are taking a chance.

Comment

I wonder if any of the 03 Academy parents have thought about the fact that they will need to merge with the 02 players next year. Looking at the 01/02 roster, I see a good number of 02's who are quality players - likely permanent starters. When you take the 02's and combine with the 03's, about 10 players will have to go - and I think it's safe to say none of the 02's will be cut. So some of those 03's are giving up their freshman year of HS soccer, and other HS sports and extracurriculars, only to be cut in a year. Probably not much of a risk for the top 10 03's...but the rest are taking a chance.
                                They could also go one team per age. Who knows.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X