Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are wrong There are 6 players that were on the ECNL team last season from FCS and two others from Bradenton. You are VERY misinformed.
    And ALL were starters… clearly YOU are not in the ECNL loop. Also, another girl from FCS, that was injured last yr and couldn't try out, made the team this yr. So that's actually 7 players from FCS and two others from Bradenton.

Comment

The true interesting tidbit is that these girls drove right past WFF to get to TBU.

Comment

Wrong again
        TBU ECNL practices at Waters. You don't know what you are talking about?

Comment

And ALL were starters… clearly YOU are not in the ECNL loop. Also, another girl from FCS, that was injured last yr and couldn't try out, made the team this yr. So that's actually 7 players from FCS and two others from Bradenton.
          So you are trying to say that 35% of the 2004 TBU ECNL team are players that were trained at FCS?

Comment

So you are trying to say that 35% of the 2004 TBU ECNL team are players that were trained at FCS?
            What? No, 2002/2001

Comment

Why do kids still play travel soccer at BRSC

Help me understand something. Why do parents allow their kids to play travel soccer at Braden River soccer club? They are terrible.

Comment

Help me understand something. Why do parents allow their kids to play travel soccer at Braden River soccer club? They are terrible.
                They had a few good teams like 3 yrs ago- but those were teams that came together from other clubs to dominate, with pretty closed rosters. They were the exception- now the leftover players play USA league A and B not even CDL or FSPL which is still terrible. Parents just wanting to make their kid feel like they are relevant... can't even get a D2 scholarship? They suck- but still give the club their money?

Comment

Salaries

Is it typical for the GM and Registrar to pull a salary from a local soccer league? This has changed since I played soccer.

Comment

At BRSC it is

Is it typical for the GM and Registrar to pull a salary from a local soccer league? This has changed since I played soccer.
                    I'm not sure if other clubs pay these people but BRSC does. I overheard that they get paid because they spend so much time at field and no one else wants to do those jobs.

I also heard that BM was going to give up his position but that must have been a lie. Might be waiting to hand it off to one of his kids to come of age.

Comment

So what now

I'm not sure if other clubs pay these people but BRSC does. I overheard that they get paid because they spend so much time at field and no one else wants to do those jobs.

I also heard that BM was going to give up his position but that must have been a lie. Might be waiting to hand it off to one of his kids to come of age.
                      So what is the status now?

Comment

So what is the status now?
                        Good question...

Comment

Good question...
                          Braden River Soccer Club isn't perfect, but what club is?

Positive changes that I've seen over the years:

1) They have had a very good Director of Coaching (GT) for the past few years. He actually cares about the kids' development and gets out and works with the teams while the President and largely volunteer staff takes care of the "business side" of the club.

2) The DOC has improved the overall level of coaching at the club, bringing in more coaches with good character as well as encouraging them to get higher licensing. Still a long ways to go, but it's heading in the right direction.

3) The club weathered the failed (?) attempt by Chargers to further dilute the talent in the area. There's just not enough population here to support 5 soccer clubs (FCS, Chargers, Manasota, MAYSO Magic, BRSC) PLUS the talent drain of the kids that go to clubs in Tampa hoping to get better opportunities. Sometimes this works, usually it doesn't.

4) The club has put together some talented teams with good coaching at a few age groups over the last few years. In some age groups, the talent drain of kids going to Clearwater or IMG (boys) or Brandon (girls) hurt too much to overcome. Some teams are starting to rebound as talented kids continue to come back to Braden River after realizing that the travel and costs (dollars and opportunity costs) were too high for what is essentially not a better situation for them individually.

5) The club has an agreement with IMG to host DA teams for younger age groups. This should help solidify the talent at these age groups, and perhaps a few will have some good opportunities within IMG as they go into the older age groups. I hope so for the future kids in Manatee/Sarasota counties who haven't really had a good pathway of development the past several years. Driving to Clearwater (boys) and Brandon (girls) is the current development pathway, but it's tough to make that happen for most kids.

6) Talent consolidation in the future. I believe that BRSC has emerged as the best option of the 5 choices in Manatee/Sarasota counties for younger players (Boys and Girls) to start out (U8 thru U14). I expect with the DA options for Boys and Girls that most parents will come to same conclusion. Hopefully this will help consolidate the talent and keep the snowball rolling to continue to improve the coaching and culture of the club without breaking the bank for parents on club fees and travel costs. There are plenty of good clubs in the Fort Myers/Naples/Sarasota/Bradenton/Tampa/Lakeland area for U8 thru U14 to play against to aid development without traveling all over the State or Country.

Comment

You wrote this as a joke Right?

Comment

Congratulations to the Boys teams advancing to the Round of 32 in State Cup!

FC Sarasota U17
                              Braden River U16
                              Braden River U15
                              Braden River U13

Good Luck! Make this thread proud of you!

Comment

Congratulations to the Boys teams advancing to the Round of 32 in State Cup!

FC Sarasota U17
                                Braden River U16
                                Braden River U15
                                Braden River U13

Good Luck! Make this thread proud of you!
                                thanks BM for the promo

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X