Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughters CFC United team never played a full 11 v 11 scrimmage in all her years in the club, other than scheduled scrimmages against other teams.

Her high school team never did either.

You don't work on something in practice and then scrimmage 11v11 to see if they learned it. Give me one concept or skill that you would instruct a team on that you would have to do an 11 v 11 scrimmage to test if they grasped it?

11 v 11, you have a lot of kids standing around doing nothing. No guarantee the ball comes down the left side lets say, so how would you know if those players sitting around learned the days concept.

If I want to test for comprehension, I can drill it short sided 10X to the once I might see it in an 11 v 11 scrimmage.
    Too bad, your kid's scrimmage teams would each have subs this year.

Comment

a cheap parent who doesn't take the time to deal with a serious injury.

same guy who had his daughter get straight As and an 1800 SAT and told her to apply to Yale and then after she got in, he told her she has to go to Uconn because he doesnt have the money
      Some Youth sports and concussions ? A house of cards ready to collapse. Just wait and see.

Comment

My daughters CFC United team never played a full 11 v 11 scrimmage in all her years in the club, other than scheduled scrimmages against other teams.

Her high school team never did either.

You don't work on something in practice and then scrimmage 11v11 to see if they learned it. Give me one concept or skill that you would instruct a team on that you would have to do an 11 v 11 scrimmage to test if they grasped it?

11 v 11, you have a lot of kids standing around doing nothing. No guarantee the ball comes down the left side lets say, so how would you know if those players sitting around learned the days concept.

If I want to test for comprehension, I can drill it short sided 10X to the once I might see it in an 11 v 11 scrimmage.
        if your kids are standing around while they are playing you are an awful coach

if the ball is moving you should be as well

dryll speed and game speed are different

Comment

a cheap parent who doesn't take the time to deal with a serious injury.

same guy who had his daughter get straight As and an 1800 SAT and told her to apply to Yale and then after she got in, he told her she has to go to Uconn because he doesnt have the money
          Not every concussion is "serious" - we've had a few different levels in our house from multiple kids and various sports. You can tell pretty quickly which requires more specialized care. As someone said you really need to know your kid to pick up on subtle things. As an adult I was guilty of trying to power through one I got skiing (even had a helmet on thank goodness). Looking back it was stupid of course and I definitely slowed my recovery by doing too much too fast. Too many kids want to jump back in the minute they're symptom free but they really need to rest longer - at least another 1-2 weeks minimum. Getting another one back to back is where you can get into real trouble. the brain just hasn't healed enough

Comment

You snowflakes and your "concussions." The world has been playing soccer in some form for 2000 years. In the last 10, "concussion" has become the buzzword. Well, you know what, we played without "concussion" testing, as did our friends, our parents, their parents, and you know what? It built character. Eat some dirt sometime. Shake it off. And dive back in. Sheesh.

Comment

You snowflakes and your "concussions." The world has been playing soccer in some form for 2000 years. In the last 10, "concussion" has become the buzzword. Well, you know what, we played without "concussion" testing, as did our friends, our parents, their parents, and you know what? It built character. Eat some dirt sometime. Shake it off. And dive back in. Sheesh.
              clearly you suffered quite a few and shook them off. explains a lot.

Comment

Not every concussion is "serious" - we've had a few different levels in our house from multiple kids and various sports. You can tell pretty quickly which requires more specialized care. As someone said you really need to know your kid to pick up on subtle things. As an adult I was guilty of trying to power through one I got skiing (even had a helmet on thank goodness). Looking back it was stupid of course and I definitely slowed my recovery by doing too much too fast. Too many kids want to jump back in the minute they're symptom free but they really need to rest longer - at least another 1-2 weeks minimum. Getting another one back to back is where you can get into real trouble. the brain just hasn't healed enough
                so a brain injury isn't "serious"?? there may be varying degrees of severity but the injury itself is serious.

anyone over 45 probably was never diagnosed with a concussion unless they took a big fall or were in a car accident, for sports they didn't view it as such. times have changed to the point that any head shot is concussion worthy to some

Comment

so when will you recover? mr power thru it

Comment

There is SOME truth to what you say but lets be real for a sec.

With what we know now about the long-term effects of concussions its just stupid to 'dive right back in' whether you feel okay or whether its a mild concussion or not. The risk is simply not worth the reward.

Comment

There is SOME truth to what you say but lets be real for a sec.

With what we know now about the long-term effects of concussions its just stupid to 'dive right back in' whether you feel okay or whether its a mild concussion or not. The risk is simply not worth the reward.
                      if you let your brain recover its as if you never had one. its the multiples that start the deterioration process

Comment

if you let your brain recover its as if you never had one. its the multiples that start the deterioration process
                        and it's a 2nd one too quick after another that also is very dangerous. It's tempting to to go back to full throttle once you feel better. That is itself is ok. But you have to worry about another concussion soon after the first. If you got it in a car accident that's one thing. But if you play a sport with a high probability of getting another you should rest longer. We got lucky - one of mine had a bad one the last month of the season and summer was the long break she needed. It might have been tough to keep her out if her team was playing (but I feel fine! Teens are oh so cooperative!).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X