Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODP/RTC a complete waste of time & money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You have a lot of staff that need to get paid. Can't blame them for wanting to make money.
    Timbers are a for profit company. No hating on them for trying to make money off youth sports.

Comment

Timbers are a for profit company. No hating on them for trying to make money off youth sports.
      If they could find some decent coaches that would help. Too many holiday weekends you have to travel to bad tournaments.

Comment

If they could find some decent coaches that would help. Too many holiday weekends you have to travel to bad tournaments.
        Who wants to give up spring break Memorial Day and thanksgiving to fly with a rag tag bunch to get thumped? Hard to find coaches.

Comment

Who wants to give up spring break Memorial Day and thanksgiving to fly with a rag tag bunch to get thumped? Hard to find coaches.
          I do. I like my kids to go to ODP and Regional Camps and get more experience, exposure and coaching from 'so-called' lousy coaches that are typically A or B licensed and/or are sometimes connected to college coaches at Div 1 and God forbid Division 2 schools. All for roughly $1500 -2000/yr. Memorial Day is fine; you can munch burgers, drink Rainier and slumber on the couch while I'm enjoying kids & enjoying life. In other words let's put it simply "Thump you-self and pack sand, biatch!"

Comment

Those tournaments are a joke. We gave up way too many holidays for those silly events. I wouldn't recommend it. I think they struggle to find coaches willing to do it.

Comment

Those tournaments are a joke. We gave up way too many holidays for those silly events. I wouldn't recommend it. I think they struggle to find coaches willing to do it.
              Same level as Beaverton cup probably.

Comment

Same level as Beaverton cup probably.
                Why complain no one forces you parents of the year to come watch . If your child doesn't want to play than have them do something else . Don't get bitter get better lol.

Comment

Painful read. Sorry to hear this program has went so far downhill.
                  Link please.

Comment

Painful read. Sorry to hear this program has went so far downhill.
                    It was good ten years ago.

Comment

Why are so many ECNL girls still participating in ODP? Are they the ones that didn’t make DA?

Comment

I don’t think many still do ODp.

Comment

I don’t think many still do ODp.
                          There are quite a few in here https://portland-mp7static.mlsdigita...rlsODPPool.pdf

Comment

They really struggle to get coaches to participate. Give up great holiday weekends to got to mediocre travel trips. Not a lot of top talent.
                            Didn’t know anyone still did odp.

Comment

Didn’t know anyone still did odp.
                              From the long length of the list and additional twenty 2nd look players, it appears almost everyone is still doing odp

Comment

Odp started down hill once the for profit corporation got involved. They want to make a profit.
                                It's not very good now. But hopefully there is still profit being made.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X