Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match Fit is a DUMPSTER FIRE

For anyone considering match fit please buyer beware. Match fit is a dumpster fire with high paid do nothing coaches . They train on a rented football field shared with ten teams at a time in tiny spaces. Playing time goes to kids whose parent volunteer to fill gas powered generators with gasoline, or bring the coaches or DC coffee at training. Over the years i have seen very talented kids get ruined there by lack of coaching and playing time. Finally i woke up and realized I drank alittle to much match fit cool aid. Unless you plan on making a donation to the coaching staff or DC WINK WINK your kid will not see much playing time there. I know the Match Fit cool aid drinkers will bash this post and say my kid didint deserve playing time but i am away from there now and my kids happy and playing at a competitive club and is now finally being recruited by some d1 schools because she is actually on the field playing. What good is soccer if you are one of 25 kids on a roster and just play a half a game at most. parents need to stop the gravy train and finally speak up about paying $4000 to have your kids watch soccer from the bench most of the time. Parents please read the thousands of posts on here about Match fit. I wish I had.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For anyone considering match fit please buyer beware. Match fit is a dumpster fire with high paid do nothing coaches . They train on a rented football field shared with ten teams at a time in tiny spaces. Playing time goes to kids whose parent volunteer to fill gas powered generators with gasoline, or bring the coaches or DC coffee at training. Over the years i have seen very talented kids get ruined there by lack of coaching and playing time. Finally i woke up and realized I drank alittle to much match fit cool aid. Unless you plan on making a donation to the coaching staff or DC WINK WINK your kid will not see much playing time there. I know the Match Fit cool aid drinkers will bash this post and say my kid didint deserve playing time but i am away from there now and my kids happy and playing at a competitive club and is now finally being recruited by some d1 schools because she is actually on the field playing. What good is soccer if you are one of 25 kids on a roster and just play a half a game at most. parents need to stop the gravy train and finally speak up about paying $4000 to have your kids watch soccer from the bench most of the time. Parents please read the thousands of posts on here about Match fit. I wish I had.
    It's your own fault for not making the move to a different club earlier. We switched mid season when my sons roster started getting out of control.

Comment

Everyone's experience is different based on the coach and the players rostered on the team. The blanket generalization is unfair and frankly could be said about every club. I am sure we could find a family that dislikes your daughter's current club too.

Comment

This post is suspicious. Matchfit just finished their last round of tryouts and is about to send offers. The OP is likely from a competing club.

I have seen both MFA boys and girls team, both A and B teams. For boys, other than one specific age group, teams are usually solid. For girls, the quality of the team varies a lot so it is very difficult to assess. I have seen some really good teams and very bad ones as well.

Comment

This post is suspicious. Matchfit just finished their last round of tryouts and is about to send offers. The OP is likely from a competing club.

I have seen both MFA boys and girls team, both A and B teams. For boys, other than one specific age group, teams are usually solid. For girls, the quality of the team varies a lot so it is very difficult to assess. I have seen some really good teams and very bad ones as well.
          Just about every club is either finishing with or about to finish try outs and begin sending offers. I think there is a MF thread on here from months back with over 200 pages. The OP is consistent with many of those comments.

Comment

My kid is very happy at MFA. If a rented field is your issue it's probably better you hit the road. Every year there are a couple of new players and most are club hoppers. They hop along to some other club soon enough. My guess is your real issue is lack of playing time. That is tough for players, but it does not help when a parent says, yeah the coach sucks, field sucks, etc. My kid I say work harder, be about the team, and things will work out. They generally do.

Comment

Just about every club is either finishing with or about to finish try outs and begin sending offers. I think there is a MF thread on here from months back with over 200 pages. The OP is consistent with many of those comments.
              ECNL teams cannot begin tryouts til after May 1st. Other than ECNL, tryouts can take place.

Comment

ECNL teams cannot begin tryouts til after May 1st. Other than ECNL, tryouts can take place.
                Thanks for the additional info, sounds like the OP is well aware of that and trying to get the word out ahead of time.

Comment

There used to be a rule that ECNL clubs could not have other ECNL clubs at tryouts until after the regular season was over.

Comment

Thanks for the additional info, sounds like the OP is well aware of that and trying to get the word out ahead of time.
                    OP is a coach pretending to be a concerned parent.

Comment

Is that true? PDA and WCFC already holding tryouts in April.

Comment

OP is a coach pretending to be a concerned parent.
                        Can someone please pull up the MatchFit reviews thread with the 200 plus pages of negative comments for everyone’s review? This way people can’t possibly say that all those comments were from a coach pretending to be a concerned parent (which is ridiculous). I actually think they were blaming most of the comments on PDA.

Comment

I believe the OP was pointing out how shady MF Morris is.

Match Fit Morris is a very political club, many parents get their kids ahead by filling generators, doing favors, donating cutting boards to the gala, befriending the DOC, sucking up and brown nosing. Kissing ass works at MF! It will get your kid a starting position on a team for life and they'll get lots of social media attention too! Unfortunately the other parents on the team see exactly what you're doing and they have no respect for you. Have some dignity man!!!

Comment

I would like to know how a girl can play a game Sunday afternoon then test positive for Covid on Monday? Was she playing with symptoms or just breaking quarantine? I realize this is more of a parent issue than Match Fit, but seriously get your **** together up there.

Comment

I would like to know how a girl can play a game Sunday afternoon then test positive for Covid on Monday? Was she playing with symptoms or just breaking quarantine? I realize this is more of a parent issue than Match Fit, but seriously get your **** together up there.
                              Not everyone gets symptoms from COVID19

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X