Lack of respect for coaches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So ... trainers and coaches deserve loyalty from the players and parents because they "invest" on them.

BUT trainers and coaches can blame what they called CLUELESS parents and dump PAYING players they deem "bad" anytime in favor of prospect players, who may start with NON-PAYING. PAYING players do not deserve meaningful playtime. Nor do they deserve development as soon as the next better player shows up.

WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THEY ARE MILKING THESE CASH COWS.

What a perfect business! Take no accountability!

When things go sour --> The problem is your DNA, your daughter/son
    When things go well --> the coach has done you a great favor.

When players leave --> it is heartbroken for the coaches ('s wallet)
    When coaches cut/cold shoulder a player --> it's called development.

WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It’s amazing the lack of thanks and respect for the coaches that put in so much time, effort, thought into each and every session and game. The players and families just take it fir granted thinking that just because they pay lots of money their behaviour is quite justified. They club hop leaving one academy in the dust for another, zero loyalty, zero thanks, zero appreciation. Go thank a coach today for all they do for you, too many unappreciative families out there. These people have done a lot even through a pandemic.
      Name one thing for me please?

You mean, "doing their jobs AND getting paid (WELL)?"

I don't recall getting a thank-you note from my boss when I am doing my job and getting paid.

Comment

So ... trainers and coaches deserve loyalty from the players and parents because they "invest" on them.

BUT trainers and coaches can blame what they called CLUELESS parents and dump PAYING players they deem "bad" anytime in favor of prospect players, who may start with NON-PAYING. PAYING players do not deserve meaningful playtime. Nor do they deserve development as soon as the next better player shows up.

WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THEY ARE MILKING THESE CASH COWS.

What a perfect business! Take no accountability!

When things go sour --> The problem is your DNA, your daughter/son
        When things go well --> the coach has done you a great favor.

When players leave --> it is heartbroken for the coaches ('s wallet)
        When coaches cut/cold shoulder a player --> it's called development.

WOW.
        Typical of the so called “academies” around here. Very entitled behaviour.

Comment

Coaches are a dime a dozen
          Respect lies with my kid

Comment

As a parent I agree with the sentiment. Most parents, especially those who are first time with younger kids often have misguided expectations. Anson Dorrance is not coaching your kid. For coaches, most need to communicate much better. Although difficult, being consistent and making sure actions follow words are also important. Nothing annoys parents and players more than when a coach says one thing and does not follow through. Classic example: All players must attend all practices the week of a game to be rostered. How many parents have seen this common rule broken?

Comment

Coaching in this country isn't a good paying gig or well respected. A typical youth coach will be coaching at least two teams, if not more, and have at least one other job. It's the club owners that make all the money. It's the club owners that push coaches to take more players for more $. I'm not going to be loyal to a club that doesn't care about my kids or its employees. I'd follow a good coach but feel no attachment to a club.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                as a parent i agree with the sentiment. Most parents, especially those who are first time with younger kids often have misguided expectations. Anson dorrance is not coaching your kid. For coaches, most need to communicate much better. Although difficult, being consistent and making sure actions follow words are also important. Nothing annoys parents and players more than when a coach says one thing and does not follow through. Classic example: All players must attend all practices the week of a game to be rostered. How many parents have seen this common rule broken?
                all the time

Comment

As a parent I agree with the sentiment. Most parents, especially those who are first time with younger kids often have misguided expectations. Anson Dorrance is not coaching your kid. For coaches, most need to communicate much better. Although difficult, being consistent and making sure actions follow words are also important. Nothing annoys parents and players more than when a coach says one thing and does not follow through. Classic example: All players must attend all practices the week of a game to be rostered. How many parents have seen this common rule broken?
                  CSA is notorious for it....players not showing up for training for months and they come back and get playing time. Either desperate or very hypocritical. The so called rule is broken all the time.

Comment

Typical response from today’s youth footballing parent. Quite shocking and certainly proves the original post is spot on even more.
                    Maybe you footballing gaffers can start by not pouching each others players. Respect starts at the top skipper!

Comment

CSA is notorious for it....players not showing up for training for months and they come back and get playing time. Either desperate or very hypocritical. The so called rule is broken all the time.
                      CSA only cares about one thing $$$$$$$

Comment

Usually the rest of that is if you are late or miss practice you will not start. Seen starters miss practice only to sit the first 5min of the game. This was at u11 years ago.

Comment

It’s amazing the lack of thanks and respect for the coaches that put in so much time, effort, thought into each and every session and game. The players and families just take it fir granted thinking that just because they pay lots of money their behaviour is quite justified. They club hop leaving one academy in the dust for another, zero loyalty, zero thanks, zero appreciation. Go thank a coach today for all they do for you, too many unappreciative families out there. These people have done a lot even through a pandemic.
                          This sounds like a coach that just found out either his/her best players are either leaving or were just at another clubs tryouts.

Funny though, I'll bet they wouldn't think twice about replacing players with ones from their tryouts or ID clinics if they had the opportunity.

And I'm sorry, for most coaches out their, doing 15-20min of passing another 10min of rondo and an hour of small sided scrimmage doesn't take much of thought when planning your sessions.

Comment

This sounds like a coach that just found out either his/her best players are either leaving or were just at another clubs tryouts.

Funny though, I'll bet they wouldn't think twice about replacing players with ones from their tryouts or ID clinics if they had the opportunity.

And I'm sorry, for most coaches out their, doing 15-20min of passing another 10min of rondo and an hour of small sided scrimmage doesn't take much of thought when planning your sessions.
                            I agree..my D has played at many level from town to ECNL and there is very little to no individual coaching or development and loyalty diminishes as you go up the latter.

Part of that is having 1 coach & up to as many as 26 + players, limited practice space etc...but still no valid excuse when paying up to $4K/yr ++..

Each year as she got older and onto "better clubs & leagues " I expected a better and better experience and training only to be disappointed most times. Add to that the more & more overtly physical play that seems to be allowed now which has morphed the game in this area into the biggest strongest team wins.....and the "smaller less aggressive skill" players get fouled into submission.....resulting in our signature high pressure kick it long to the big striker style. It works well when games are called that way but not so much if done by the actual rules...thats why some very successful teams here don't do that well in national tournaments .

Before the your D can't hack it crowd chimes in...my D has always taken the beating ...no tonails on either foot from being stomped on, had the wind knocked out of her several times , takes Advil between tournament games to keep playing , been punched in stomach away from ball ..etc..and my spouse & I both played sports into college and D1 full scholarship etc.

Youth sports are completely different now...my d plays several sports but its extremely difficult to juggle the crazy schedules for each and insane how much it costs ....

At the end of the day its a game...only a tiny % will even get partial $$ scholarships so we really need to put the fun and love of the game back into soccer (or any other sport).

Just my 2 cents from personal experience and observations ....

Comment

I agree..my D has played at many level from town to ECNL and there is very little to no individual coaching or development and loyalty diminishes as you go up the latter.

Part of that is having 1 coach & up to as many as 26 + players, limited practice space etc...but still no valid excuse when paying up to $4K/yr ++..

Each year as she got older and onto "better clubs & leagues " I expected a better and better experience and training only to be disappointed most times. Add to that the more & more overtly physical play that seems to be allowed now which has morphed the game in this area into the biggest strongest team wins.....and the "smaller less aggressive skill" players get fouled into submission.....resulting in our signature high pressure kick it long to the big striker style. It works well when games are called that way but not so much if done by the actual rules...thats why some very successful teams here don't do that well in national tournaments .

Before the your D can't hack it crowd chimes in...my D has always taken the beating ...no tonails on either foot from being stomped on, had the wind knocked out of her several times , takes Advil between tournament games to keep playing , been punched in stomach away from ball ..etc..and my spouse & I both played sports into college and D1 full scholarship etc.

Youth sports are completely different now...my d plays several sports but its extremely difficult to juggle the crazy schedules for each and insane how much it costs ....

At the end of the day its a game...only a tiny % will even get partial $$ scholarships so we really need to put the fun and love of the game back into soccer (or any other sport).

Just my 2 cents from personal experience and observations ....
                              Well said....

Comment

Coaching in this country isn't a good paying gig or well respected. A typical youth coach will be coaching at least two teams, if not more, and have at least one other job. It's the club owners that make all the money. It's the club owners that push coaches to take more players for more $. I'm not going to be loyal to a club that doesn't care about my kids or its employees. I'd follow a good coach but feel no attachment to a club.
                                Ya tell that to DB and Match Fit who fleece parents and collect six figures for part time work!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X