Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, if SJEB is so bad at development then why does PDA recruit from them? Why are some of PDA South's best players currently had training at some point in their young lives through SJEB (or NJ Rush)? No one ever credits the clubs where it started not even on the international level. All anyone ever cares about is where were they before they made it. D1 went to PDA Blue for 2 years....That's the place, don't worry about the years before then where actual development happened.
    Dumb statement re: international level and in the US recently due to rule changes. Clubs that develop players receive $$$$ (solidarity payments) when players get sold on. You can look these up.

Agree re: clubs taking credit for other clubs work though. You can look at the commit lists and find players that came to a club for a year or 2 for the name/exposure and then get on the new club list. The old club should track this and list them in their accomplishments.

Comment

This guys just said sjeb is maybe not as strong at the older ages like the younger ages. Isn’t the purpose to get better as your team gets older? The fact the older teams ARE average and good older players eventually get tired of the same thing ( x3 practices, speed agility
      Futsal) and leave club should be a red flag. Kids get burnt out. My D’s coach stresses what are you doing at home during your own time? That gets you better. Sure they have good pre-puberty young teams but so do other clubs. They claim they develop the early talent and athletic kids they get but that’s not all the way true as those kids would be good at any club. Who cares about having the best 7v7 or 9v9 team.. are you making my kid college ready??? Sjeb doesn’t have a big picture plan, they don’t know who they want to be. Sj barons, sj elite Barons, sjeb rush, AND now sjeb FC. Give me a freakin break. Once clubs start training x3 a week and when people actually figure out other clubs/teams do Futsal and speed agility, what are they going to say and sell then? Hopefully they aren’t selling Shute as zone 1 coach because that guy is awful.
      SJEB pre DA was 2 days like everyone else. When they moved to DA, about 2 years ago, is when they moved to 3 days a week and the extras.

The merger with Rush helped facilitate the move of talent over the last few years as which coach got the team turned into a huge politics game with entire teams leaving because the coach didn't want anyone from the other side. Players from 06 and up split off to PDA South, PF, Real, Bucks, NJ Rush Grey and RUSA. Even 07s left because of the issue between having both 07 coaches coach the team which lead to players time being dependent on which one was at the helm that day.

Looking at them from the outside, D is not at SJEB, on the surface it at least looks like they are working toward being greater instead of the same old 2 days a week and preach working at home. Really though, could you imagine if your kids teacher said the reason they weren't doing well is because they weren't doing enough at home? Or the teacher said don't talk to the kids after school about school? If your coach is preaching doing more and more at home while doing small sided scrimmages at practice and not to talk to your kids about it then you are the one drinking the kool-aide.

Judging by the fact that you brought up Shute I would imagine your D is either an 03 or 07 that either didn't come from his team and lost time or spot or didn't make the DA team during the merger. Friends of ours who have trained with him have nothing but good things to say about that. How good of a coach or whatever else I could not say.

So going to futsal and speed/agility training, what other clubs offer this as part of the regular club? PDA South doesn't, a few coaches used to have that Mia San club but I heard the 1 moved to Florida and the other lost his 07 team. Some Real teams do some in house stuff but nothing competitive. Just about every other club leaves it up to a parent to organize winter play. For strength, speed or agility training or even soccer IQ I haven't seen anything on Ds team or heard about it from any other club as an offering.

As for the **Sjeb doesn’t have a big picture plan, they don’t know who they want to be. Sj barons, sj elite Barons, sjeb rush, AND now sjeb FC**. Clubs merging over the years and renaming the new club is an issue? Every one of those was from 2 major clubs merging. Louden just merged with SYC so I guess that falls under the same thing? If this is an issue then you have some serious deep rooted hate towards SJEB that may need therapy.

Comment

Dumb statement re: international level and in the US recently due to rule changes. Clubs that develop players receive $$$$ (solidarity payments) when players get sold on. You can look these up.

Agree re: clubs taking credit for other clubs work though. You can look at the commit lists and find players that came to a club for a year or 2 for the name/exposure and then get on the new club list. The old club should track this and list them in their accomplishments.
        You are right for international players who's clubs fall under FIFA but US players generally don't credit youth organizations except in the case of super stars, maybe.

People here bash SJEB for doing that. Granted the years played should be listed next to their name under alumni instead of just the name.

Comment

You are right for international players who's clubs fall under FIFA but US players generally don't credit youth organizations except in the case of super stars, maybe.

People here bash SJEB for doing that. Granted the years played should be listed next to their name under alumni instead of just the name.
          All clubs publish their "stars" and college placements even if the player was only there for a year. A college player might list 1-2 clubs in their player profile but typically it's the last club they were with. It is what it is. It's not worth the energy to keep track of all the "development" years and can come across as petty. With all our leagues and no compensation to prior clubs what's the point anyway?

Comment

All clubs publish their "stars" and college placements even if the player was only there for a year. A college player might list 1-2 clubs in their player profile but typically it's the last club they were with. It is what it is. It's not worth the energy to keep track of all the "development" years and can come across as petty. With all our leagues and no compensation to prior clubs what's the point anyway?
            It's also pay to play. If clubs want players to stick around then they should offer a better product for the money.

Comment

There is total compensation to the previous club, it just comes from the kids parents. This is so stupid, these kids/families are your customer not your property.

If clubs want to change that would be have the kids sign a multiple year contract. The only way a family/kid would do that is for free tuition or a great reduction in dues. In the contract if the player leaves before the end of the contract time the family would be responsible to pay back $$$$.

Comment

Sorry edit:
                If clubs want to change that would be have the kids sign a multiple year contract.

If clubs want to change that, they would have the player/kid/family sign a multiple year contract.

Comment

SJEB pre DA was 2 days like everyone else. When they moved to DA, about 2 years ago, is when they moved to 3 days a week and the extras.

The merger with Rush helped facilitate the move of talent over the last few years as which coach got the team turned into a huge politics game with entire teams leaving because the coach didn't want anyone from the other side. Players from 06 and up split off to PDA South, PF, Real, Bucks, NJ Rush Grey and RUSA. Even 07s left because of the issue between having both 07 coaches coach the team which lead to players time being dependent on which one was at the helm that day.

Looking at them from the outside, D is not at SJEB, on the surface it at least looks like they are working toward being greater instead of the same old 2 days a week and preach working at home. Really though, could you imagine if your kids teacher said the reason they weren't doing well is because they weren't doing enough at home? Or the teacher said don't talk to the kids after school about school? If your coach is preaching doing more and more at home while doing small sided scrimmages at practice and not to talk to your kids about it then you are the one drinking the kool-aide.

Judging by the fact that you brought up Shute I would imagine your D is either an 03 or 07 that either didn't come from his team and lost time or spot or didn't make the DA team during the merger. Friends of ours who have trained with him have nothing but good things to say about that. How good of a coach or whatever else I could not say.

So going to futsal and speed/agility training, what other clubs offer this as part of the regular club? PDA South doesn't, a few coaches used to have that Mia San club but I heard the 1 moved to Florida and the other lost his 07 team. Some Real teams do some in house stuff but nothing competitive. Just about every other club leaves it up to a parent to organize winter play. For strength, speed or agility training or even soccer IQ I haven't seen anything on Ds team or heard about it from any other club as an offering.

As for the **Sjeb doesn’t have a big picture plan, they don’t know who they want to be. Sj barons, sj elite Barons, sjeb rush, AND now sjeb FC**. Clubs merging over the years and renaming the new club is an issue? Every one of those was from 2 major clubs merging. Louden just merged with SYC so I guess that falls under the same thing? If this is an issue then you have some serious deep rooted hate towards SJEB that may need therapy.
                  Don’t waste your time with GA/SJEB, Real FC is a great local option and very competitive for a parent run town club. Just telling truth. Most important is to play on great team with great training not the league.

Comment

Sorry edit:
                    If clubs want to change that would be have the kids sign a multiple year contract.

If clubs want to change that, they would have the player/kid/family sign a multiple year contract.
                    lol good luck with that plan.

We're not the rest of the world - oh and none of your kids are going pro either. It's pay to play here and all the good (little) and bad ( a lot) that comes with it.

Comment

lol good luck with that plan.

We're not the rest of the world - oh and none of your kids are going pro either. It's pay to play here and all the good (little) and bad ( a lot) that comes with it.
                      Agreed then can we stop the BS about poaching/stealing players. The players are customers if clubs want to retain the players/customers do a better job/produce better results.(college placement, cheaper training, better exposure).

If my first car was a Toyota, I learned to drive in it but, didn't like a few thing about it that I feel Toyota hasn't corrected. Should I be obligated or have loyalty towards Toyota and continue to buy Toyota's. Even if I though Chevy had a much better product.

It's simple keep your customers happy and they won't leave.

Comment

Agreed then can we stop the BS about poaching/stealing players. The players are customers if clubs want to retain the players/customers do a better job/produce better results.(college placement, cheaper training, better exposure).

If my first car was a Toyota, I learned to drive in it but, didn't like a few thing about it that I feel Toyota hasn't corrected. Should I be obligated or have loyalty towards Toyota and continue to buy Toyota's. Even if I though Chevy had a much better product.

It's simple keep your customers happy and they won't leave.
                        Good example. Most people can't tell the difference between cars, they go with how they are marketed. Fits the youth club soccer scenario perfectly.

Comment

Good example. Most people can't tell the difference between cars, they go with how they are marketed. Fits the youth club soccer scenario perfectly.
                          True. Status symbol is the thing and often the only thing. Like big fancy SUVs - I mean how many people are driving pricy SUVs that will never ever ever leave the paved roads. Millions.

Comment

True. Status symbol is the thing and often the only thing. Like big fancy SUVs - I mean how many people are driving pricy SUVs that will never ever ever leave the paved roads. Millions.
                            The three fat dads (on their way to their kid's club practice I assume) who are whooooing after going over a speed bump in their "mall-road SUV" is the typical US girls soccer dad.

The one in the passenger seat is typing on TS how great his daughter's club team is and how terrible everyone else is.

Comment

Case in point....Just about any female car shopper....I want that one! It's purple.

Comment

The three fat dads (on their way to their kid's club practice I assume) who are whooooing after going over a speed bump in their "mall-road SUV" is the typical US girls soccer dad.

The one in the passenger seat is typing on TS how great his daughter's club team is and how terrible everyone else is.
                                Hey now, I'm not fat I have a condition and I need an SUV to fit my fat ass into without destroying my knees anymore then I have by walking.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X