Club future plans league change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Real can't get in because they can't/don't field teams in all age groups? Maybe Real doesn't want to add practice days, video or be apart of any other concept GA has instilled on clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Agreed that some clubs are not very good. If there was some sort of way to just address the perennial poor performers that would be good. If a club goes 2-3 years with say 60%+ of its teams in the bottom 3 places of their conferences, they should be removed. Clearly there's clubs with no interest in fielding good teams and who don't hire the best coaches.
      The issue is a club can have a few teams be in the bottom 3rd and still be a strong overall club. Even in the NA ECNL, the bottom 4 teams in any age group could still compete well against D1/2 USYS teams.

Point is, club v club is overall bad. The premise is good, to force clubs to not focus on a single or a few teams but all, but the execution is bad.

Comment

Yes - the benefits of club v club leagues usually outweigh the negative of missing an occasional team. ECNL/GA allow for a club coaching staff to cover multiple games in one day.
        Not necessarily true.

Some of the pDa bLUe teams have not seen their head coach since November. AWOL.

Comment

Not necessarily true.

Some of the pDa bLUe teams have not seen their head coach since November. AWOL.
          I would say for my daughters team GA it usually worked out well because the games are stacked so when we had coaches with quarantines they were always covered by someone who knew the team already and not caught searching or a stand in at the last minute.

Comment

Singular good teams don't make a club. Both ECNL and GA are club league that are built on that concept. It's understandable to not like that (I know I don't), but that's the environment we're dealing with.
            Some GA clubs (CSA, Ukies, Delaware etc) really only have 1-2 singular good teams and they are in the GA. How does that work?? Some of their teams are losing 14-0, 11-0, 9-0 to the stronger clubs like FCV. And a club like Real gets no chance? Embarrassing for what a crap system we have predicated on not who’s best but who has connections and can pay to play.

Comment

Some GA clubs (CSA, Ukies, Delaware etc) really only have 1-2 singular good teams and they are in the GA. How does that work?? Some of their teams are losing 14-0, 11-0, 9-0 to the stronger clubs like FCV. And a club like Real gets no chance? Embarrassing for what a crap system we have predicated on not who’s best but who has connections and can pay to play.
              Probably disingenuous to say those clubs only have 1 or 2 good teams, but I honestly can't put the energy in to look in all age groups. The reason some of those clubs are in is really just inertia from the DA closing (they were in the DA and helped form the GA), some are due to facilities, some are due to location, etc. Real is allowed a chance to apply to both ECNL and GA, but both of those leagues have specific requirements for entry as well as internal politics to overcome. I don't know all about Real, but gaining entry after a league is formed is a whole lot tougher than getting on board at the start.

Comment

Real only cares about one team and it’s the team the owner coaches. Any resources are poured into them. Have you seen the team pictures? They look miserable. Plus the facilities... they seem to share it with every rec team around.

Comment

Most of those clubs don't even have the 1 good team. I mean maybe GA good but still lose to outside teams.

Real doesn't get a chance because they don't care about the girls side which is a known fact.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X