Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or stop viewing it as a return on investment and enjoy the extra time you are spending with your kids doing something they love.
    I would if these academies weren’t so focused on it as a selling point....they are pitching college scholarship “opportunities” nonstop.

Comment

I would if these academies weren’t so focused on it as a selling point....they are pitching college scholarship “opportunities” nonstop.
      Clubs can pitch all they want when it comes to college opportunities. Parents should be properly vetting these clubs by looking up their “alumni” college commitment lists for the previous three years. That in itself will let you know how they have done with previous classes. Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

I must have missed the point when someone said:

"In 2018, nearly 70% of ECNL graduating players nationwide were committed to D1 soccer programs".

So I corrected it as an irrelevant statistic being quoted to support a dumb point.
        You must have missed that that note was in response to a post that said: "Not sure, 1-2% is just going by what a D1 college coach told me, figured they would know best no? Perhaps they do not only recruit ECNL so it’s all leagues???" So whether it is 70% or 50% or 25%, it is significantly higher than 1-2%.

Comment

All that matters is your player and what nearby club is the best fit. Nationwide stats are stupid. Who gives va crap what some california or texas club is doing? Means nothing to players not in those areas.

Comment

I'd take that bet. I don't know of any that went on to play in college at a D1 or D2 schools that didn't get a partial scholarship. You need to describe little money though. Very, very few as in better chance for a teen to die of covid rare, get 2/3rds or better scholarship. Any college coach will tell you this as sports scholarships are supplemented with academic ones which is why grades and test scores matter. What soccer does do, especially at a higher level, is help get into better schools. 100 students apply to a school all with basically the same grades and academic accomplishments but 2 have been recommended by the coach for the team, guess who gets in. Entire reason those rich parents were able to game the system and piggy back into top schools.
            This site is amazing. The person you are responding to is clueless. You can't sign an LOI if you don't get money and most players get 25-50%. Yes, those players can apply for additional financial aid like any other student. D1 girls soccer has walk-ons, but very very few. Many teams have no walk-ons. This site must advertise for people to come and post nonsense. I am only here because I can't take my eyes away from the train wreck.

Comment

Clubs can pitch all they want when it comes to college opportunities. Parents should be properly vetting these clubs by looking up their “alumni” college commitment lists for the previous three years. That in itself will let you know how they have done with previous classes. Actions speak louder than words.
              Amen, if you fall for the bs the joke is on you. Check out the club’s website if you see zilch then you know to stay away. As another poster highlighted the chances are minuscule.

Comment

This site is amazing. The person you are responding to is clueless. You can't sign an LOI if you don't get money and most players get 25-50%. Yes, those players can apply for additional financial aid like any other student. D1 girls soccer has walk-ons, but very very few. Many teams have no walk-ons. This site must advertise for people to come and post nonsense. I am only here because I can't take my eyes away from the train wreck.
                You read like a car wreck. What are you talking about? Most players do not get up to 50% on a 30 plus player roster. No way! And now going forward with players getting an additional year of eligibility those numbers will go further down if coaches decide to keep Senior starters for an additional year. There are more walk ons now then in years past and with the economic climate it will be that way for at least two more years. Yes, I am clueless with experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X