Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every coach has to push certain buttons and get on players. Look up Antonio Conti, Diego Simeone, Jose Mouhrino. If soccer is not your thing, here are some basketball examples, Bobby Knight, Mike Rice, Mike Krzysewski. All great coaches but very tough on their players.
    You are comparing adults to children? If you are an adult you can choose whether or not having a coach bully you is for you. But having a coach bully 10 year old little girls is not acceptable. If you want to sign your daughter up for that then that’s on you. This is not college or professional sports!

Comment

Every coach has to push certain buttons and get on players. Look up Antonio Conti, Diego Simeone, Jose Mouhrino. If soccer is not your thing, here are some basketball examples, Bobby Knight, Mike Rice, Mike Krzysewski. All great coaches but very tough on their players.
      Do you consider throwing your water bottle and stomping around pushing buttons? How about not coaching because he’s having a temper tantrum? Telling players they suck and to figure out what they are doing wrong on their own? Telling players that they need to respect him while he doesn’t have any respect for his players? Calling parents to come and pick up their 12 year olds because they are not taking his practice serious enough?
      If this is your idea of coaching then I feel sorry for your kid!

Comment

Yelling with constructive criticism is acceptable in my book (with me making sure that my kid understands the point) is way different that threatening kids with losing their spots to outside players, telling kids they suck, comparing the kids to other each other (or kids from another team that the coach has) in a negative way, and basically being a dick. One may help the kids learn and develop and the other is a self-serving power trip.

Comment

Scrolling through this thread shows me just how soft we've become as parents. I'll come right out and say that I don't condone abusive behavior by a coach but yelling and calling kids out shouldn't be a problem. Sports in general, especially at high levels are tough and only get tougher as they get older. Kids need to be pushed by the coaches so they can reach higher levels. Don't you want your kid to develop an edge to their game and don't you think by developing this edge on the field will translate into an edge in life? Look how the "time-out" generation is working out, kids don't know the meaning of no or hard work and if a coach is going to be tough on my child I don't have a problem. Like I said, abusive behavior by a coach or any adult towards a child shouldn't be tolerated and if it occurs it should be dealt with one on one, but don't mistake yelling and calling out the truth in an attempt to push that player to a higher level as abusive.

Comment

Do you consider throwing your water bottle and stomping around pushing buttons? How about not coaching because he’s having a temper tantrum? Telling players they suck and to figure out what they are doing wrong on their own? Telling players that they need to respect him while he doesn’t have any respect for his players? Calling parents to come and pick up their 12 year olds because they are not taking his practice serious enough?
            Is that really what is happening or are you exaggerating?? If so how does the club put up with this sort of behaviour. Makes no sense that they would tolerate if what you’re saying is true.

Comment

Scrolling through this thread shows me just how soft we've become as parents. I'll come right out and say that I don't condone abusive behavior by a coach but yelling and calling kids out shouldn't be a problem. Sports in general, especially at high levels are tough and only get tougher as they get older. Kids need to be pushed by the coaches so they can reach higher levels. Don't you want your kid to develop an edge to their game and don't you think by developing this edge on the field will translate into an edge in life? Look how the "time-out" generation is working out, kids don't know the meaning of no or hard work and if a coach is going to be tough on my child I don't have a problem. Like I said, abusive behavior by a coach or any adult towards a child shouldn't be tolerated and if it occurs it should be dealt with one on one, but don't mistake yelling and calling out the truth in an attempt to push that player to a higher level as abusive.
              I don’t recall anyone saying “yelling at a player” is abusive. It crosses a line when a coach belittles his players and calls them names. Your child isn’t going to get any better by someone yelling that they suck.

Comment

Is that really what is happening or are you exaggerating?? If so how does the club put up with this sort of behaviour. Makes no sense that they would tolerate if what you’re saying is true.
                All of it is true, just ask anyone who plays for Wall. But soccer has become a business and it’s more important for the parents to be on a winning team! Sad but true

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2954959]I don’t recall anyone saying “yelling at a player” is abusive. It crosses a line when a coach belittles his players and calls them names. Your child isn’t going to get any better by someone yelling that they suck.

Not sure what you're definition of belittle is based on your sensitivity. Did you hear these comments yourself or did your child tell them to you on the car ride home. Only asking because some people have become way to oversensitive to criticism.

Comment

Niko does the same if not worse at CSA. He verbally abused his players all the time .
                    Verbally "abused" is a stretch. He yells and is tough but I don't consider it abuse.

Comment

Did your kid get cut by this coach or something? What’s your beef with the guy?

Comment

Nope! Just stating facts!

Comment

Lol, Wall does not have enough players to cut. As it is they have multiple players playing on multiple teams.

Comment

Nope! Just stating facts!
                            Yeah ok what facts??? Keep making stuff up. I guess tough coaches are not for your kid. Next.

Comment

Yeah ok what facts??? Keep making stuff up. I guess tough coaches are not for your kid. Next.
                              2008 & 2005 both have players playing on multiple teams. Just ask anyone on the teams. But I guess you don’t want to know the truth! Keep drinking the Wall Koolaide!

Comment

Why don’t you look at their Instagram page and see the same kids with medals around their necks! But don’t let the facts get in your way

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X