Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think it makes sense to call them Bay. Why not use half their name when referring to them? Bay only focuses on half their club (boys side), so we will use half their name. Makes sense. RI Surf has not been around for 1 full year yet, and all their teams with the exception of 2009 are ranked higher in RI than all Bay girls teams. Interesting.
    Got soccer rankings? They are a joke in non pandemic years even more so in the past 12 months.

Comment

You CANNOT seriously credit GPS I mean Surf for those players. Those players are all stolen from shady coaches. They were all developed in towns like East Prov with amazing volunteer coaches who get zero credit, then they went to Bayside and were further developed... stolen players in one year does not give a club credibility. I am not impressed by Surf RI anyone can steal ideas, patents, etc, in this case entire teams, coaches and players were stolen from both Bayside and Liverpool. (However, I have heard whispering... the 2010 team all smiles in that Jeff Cup picture... not all smiles behind the scenes... players will be moving along.)
      Hang on, how can one "steal" players? I'm still trying to figure out what's meant by it. Did Bayside steal the kids from East Providence? Or did the families choose Bayside?

Let's say my kid's coach quit their current club and went somewhere else. Assuming we were interested in following, how would that be "stealing"? If they end up playing with the entire same team, same coach, just different jersey, then what's actually changed?

Comment

Hang on, how can one "steal" players? I'm still trying to figure out what's meant by it. Did Bayside steal the kids from East Providence? Or did the families choose Bayside?

Let's say my kid's coach quit their current club and went somewhere else. Assuming we were interested in following, how would that be "stealing"? If they end up playing with the entire same team, same coach, just different jersey, then what's actually changed?
        Personally I think bayside is the better club and jury is still out on long term prognosis of Surf. That said, not buying into the stealing players rhetoric.

Comment

Personally I think bayside is the better club and jury is still out on long term prognosis of Surf. That said, not buying into the stealing players rhetoric.
          Not rhetoric. Facts. But I guess if enough say it’s not true, it must not be.
          Surf RI is GPS. That’s about it. The good teams they have are not due to amazing coaches who’s players followed them it’s do to a handful of good players from bayside who followed their friends there not the coaches. The parents who left bayside left thinking they were getting something better, but they play in a weak league. The girls who left should have gone to Scorpions or NEFC.

Comment

If that scenario actually happened which it didn’t, the new club should not take credit for the development of the players and use them to brag about their club. East Prov town coaches developed the girls that have talent as well as Bayside coach RG. Not surf, not Coach L.

Comment

Not rhetoric. Facts. But I guess if enough say it’s not true, it must not be.
              Surf RI is GPS. That’s about it. The good teams they have are not due to amazing coaches who’s players followed them it’s do to a handful of good players from bayside who followed their friends there not the coaches. The parents who left bayside left thinking they were getting something better, but they play in a weak league. The girls who left should have gone to Scorpions or NEFC.
              Baysidefc Boys =Good
              Baysidefc Girls =Crap

Surf Boys= Bad
              Surf Girls = Good

NEFC Boys= Great
              NEFC Girls= Amazing

Comment

If that scenario actually happened which it didn’t, the new club should not take credit for the development of the players and use them to brag about their club. East Prov town coaches developed the girls that have talent as well as Bayside coach RG. Not surf, not Coach L.

They are their players as of now, they can brag all they want. 9 months training them, and the players are actually very skilled now. You would see the difference if you would play them, lol. They did not have that type of skill June 2020 when they left Bayside. I understand it is crushing you to look at the jeff cup picture, sorry, your little one isn't good enough. And the Bayside 10 team wasn't good enough last year with those girls that left, let us remind you, your green striker town team beat you when you had those now surf girls on your roster. Ask your green team how they have done vs surf this winter? And your green team beat you this fall, 10-0. RG, joke. He's the main reason they all left.

Comment

If the girls are keeping pace with teams at other clubs, then Surf has developed them during this year since they went over. Nobody is saying they never learned anything from EP or Bayside while they were there.

FWIW my kid is at neither of those clubs, but came up through a town team and also a good coach from a different club than where she is now. Her current club has developed her as a player quite a lot too. We're grateful for everything she received from all those places and coaches. Why would we think or say otherwise?

Comment

If the girls are keeping pace with teams at other clubs, then Surf has developed them during this year since they went over. Nobody is saying they never learned anything from EP or Bayside while they were there.

FWIW my kid is at neither of those clubs, but came up through a town team and also a good coach from a different club than where she is now. Her current club has developed her as a player quite a lot too. We're grateful for everything she received from all those places and coaches. Why would we think or say otherwise?

The op is still upset that those girls left his daughter behind at bayside and she wasn't invited to Surf, or maybe she was, but dad would not have any pull like he does at bayside and she would not be highlighted at surf like she is at bayside. His daughter would not come close to making 2010 scorpion or nefc top teams, so his only choice is to stay at bayside and talk nonsense about surf and other clubs. He is simply looking for credit as he helped developed those girls when they were 8/9. Problem is, his poor development of those girls coupled with the fact the bayside coach was crap, made a half a dozen of them leave. Nobody is going to give him credit for his mediocre training of this group. He was pretty much a dad who was babysitting the kids on the field and teaching them very basic foot skills when they were with EP.

Comment

The op is still upset that those girls left his daughter behind at bayside and she wasn't invited to Surf, or maybe she was, but dad would not have any pull like he does at bayside and she would not be highlighted at surf like she is at bayside. His daughter would not come close to making 2010 scorpion or nefc top teams, so his only choice is to stay at bayside and talk nonsense about surf and other clubs. He is simply looking for credit as he helped developed those girls when they were 8/9. Problem is, his poor development of those girls coupled with the fact the bayside coach was crap, made a half a dozen of them leave. Nobody is going to give him credit for his mediocre training of this group. He was pretty much a dad who was babysitting the kids on the field and teaching them very basic foot skills when they were with EP.

Makes sense. Or else why would they all leave bayside??? This question has been asked on here numerous times, but none of the current bayside parents/coaches respond on here with anything other than, "they were stolen". So we ask again. Why did half that team leave and go to surf???

Comment

Baysidefc Boys =Good
                        Baysidefc Girls =Crap

Surf Boys= Bad
                        Surf Girls = Good

NEFC Boys= Great
                        NEFC Girls= Amazing
                        Don't know why NEFC is being mentioned in a RI board. Regarding Bayside boys vs. Surf boys, I dunno, I've seen some Surf boys' teams beat Bayside teams. I haven't checked the brackets closely, but I think they're both sending teams to NH this weekend. We'll see how any head-to-heads go.

Comment

Ok if you are talking about the EP coaches that volunteer you are a jerk. Those guys are great always giving time and running practices and games year round. Finding money to cover the registration fees for kids who can’t afford the fees.
                          They are salt of the earth. You should volunteer your time and shut your mouth.
                          The dad you are putting down, from bayside who is also a coach is the nicest man.

There is another dad on bayside who is toxic though and from talking to those who have left including my own daughter most of us left not due to bayside being a problem it was the coach at bayside at the time, no longer there, RG, and the worst is the team manager dad who is still there. This is why we left. LR is a better coach than RG. Surf May or may not be a better club to early to know but it was RG and team manager that was the root of all problems there.

Comment

Ok if you are talking about the EP coaches that volunteer you are a jerk. Those guys are great always giving time and running practices and games year round. Finding money to cover the registration fees for kids who can’t afford the fees.
                            The dad you are putting down, from bayside who is also a coach is the nicest man.

There is another dad on bayside who is toxic though and from talking to those who have left including my own daughter most of us left not due to bayside being a problem it was the coach at bayside at the time, no longer there, RG, and the worst is the team manager dad who is still there. This is why we left. LR is a better coach than RG. Surf May or may not be a better club to early to know but it was RG and team manager that was the root of all problems there.

My time is volunteered, more than you would ever believe. EP coach, nice guy, maybe. Good coach, no. Babysitter, like i said. We are not talking nice guy's, we are talking development. Two completely different things.

RG is still there, not with 10s, but still there. RL is an a**, ALL do agree on that. So explain to me how it is not "due to bayside being a problem"? Bayside employs RG, and continues to allow RL to be the manager. So those kids left bayside you are agreeing, because of them 2 people. Shouldn't bayside have gotten rid of them instead of keeping them around? Your statement makes no sense. It is a bayside problem because they keep them there. Bayside should obviously keep RL daughter, but get dad out of the mix. Small state, and everyone around does not want him to be involved, just like the girls that left did not want him or RG involved. Them 2 guys set that 2010 team back at least 2 years, and it might never be able to get turned around for that age group. Unless of course, you allow the 6 green strikers to come over and pay half the price like they already are, and continue to destroy the bayside team whenever they play. That's bayside's only hope. Green comes to Red.

Comment

If EP guy is a good coach, why is his daughter not developing like the surf girls have over the past 9 months? With dad and this new "great young coach", Dom, as bayside parent has called him, training her, shouldn't she be a standout? Not to mention 2 older brothers helping as well. Maybe just find another sport. He may be nice, but not a good coach. He might be a good Rec coach though. Forget all the RG and RL stuff. Not worth our time with them 2.

Comment

If EP guy is a good coach, why is his daughter not developing like the surf girls have over the past 9 months? With dad and this new "great young coach", Dom, as bayside parent has called him, training her, shouldn't she be a standout? Not to mention 2 older brothers helping as well. Maybe just find another sport. He may be nice, but not a good coach. He might be a good Rec coach though. Forget all the RG and RL stuff. Not worth our time with them 2.
                                You guys putting down a town coach are a bunch of jerks. Why don't you put your own initials here so this dad coach knows who the loud mouths are. RL is from Mass. Why in the world is he the TM of a RI team. He should stay in MA. We are with Surf now but I don't agree with all the Bayside put downs at all. As for the kids on Bayside not developing as fast as Surf would say the kids on Surf are not all developing that fast. Yes we have some power and big girls but we aren't all top notch actually some of the smaller players are better than the bigger but they are benched. Surf is starting to lose players too, so there is that. Both clubs have problems. Bayside also dealt with problems being in the NEP stuck to RI rules and lots of BS from Gina. Surf RI figured out how to play in CT, although not always good competition more games and more playing time. Bayside, and RI clubs will bounce back. But Surf is still uncertain, they do feel a little, "big box" GPS. I am not sure, from talking with the families we aren't sure will all stick it out. LR has his favorites and we have watched girls come and go over the winter. Not everyone on that 2010 team is happy I can share that. Happy we got to go to Jeff Cup but there are issues. The 2009 team is better overall in terms of coaching and parents being happy. I wish they'd let y daughter just play up on 2009 team as I think that team is healthier than what we are dealing with on the 2010 team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X