Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Iowa gets it's first Big Ten Championship Trophy defeating Wis ( who defeated Rutgers).
    In spite of a 2-8-1 conference record. Surviving for 30 mins with 10 vs the supposed #4 team in the country in PSU. Lets just say this is either A. an example of the impact of COVID or B. the Big 10 is a horrendous soccer conference and PSU are the most overrated team in the country.

You decide

Comment

In spite of a 2-8-1 conference record. Surviving for 30 mins with 10 vs the supposed #4 team in the country in PSU. Lets just say this is either A. an example of the impact of COVID or B. the Big 10 is a horrendous soccer conference and PSU are the most overrated team in the country.

You decide
      I pick B. But iowa also beat Wisconsin who beat Rutgers. So one could say Rutgers overrated as well. Rottengers and PSphew overhyped.

Comment

I pick B. But iowa also beat Wisconsin who beat Rutgers. So one could say Rutgers overrated as well. Rottengers and PSphew overhyped.
        Hahaha. I see what you did there. Clever.

Soccer can be so unpredictable.

Comment

Truth! Rutgers can recruit much better players that can actually win them national championships. But do they ever look at kids from CSA, FC Copa etc? No because it does not fit their business model. Their loss when those players go to North Carolina, Stanford, Florida St etc.
          If Rutgers had the courage to recruit better players from out side PDA Blue world they would actually beat the likes of Wisconsin and Iowa. But they keep ignoring top level players from STA, CSA, FC Coppa as they only focus on PDA players. And the players they pass on go on to be very successful with programmes that are better than Rutgers. Should be able to at least keep the top talent in state like football and basketball.

Comment

If Rutgers had the courage to recruit better players from out side PDA Blue world they would actually beat the likes of Wisconsin and Iowa. But they keep ignoring top level players from STA, CSA, FC Coppa as they only focus on PDA players. And the players they pass on go on to be very successful with programmes that are better than Rutgers. Should be able to at least keep the top talent in state like football and basketball.
            Examples please. Maybe some players actually pass on Rutgers. Don't want to stay in NJ etc. RU dont get their pick of NJs best players. Why would they? Poor weather, average facilities, poor conference. They are a good solid College program, below the elites.

Comment

Examples please. Maybe some players actually pass on Rutgers. Don't want to stay in NJ etc. RU dont get their pick of NJs best players. Why would they? Poor weather, average facilities, poor conference. They are a good solid College program, below the elites.
              Perfect timing! With that being said by all the haters, doubters and just negative parents; Congratulations to Rutgers for getting selected to play in the D1 NCAA Women’s soccer championship. They play on April 27th vs. Southeastern La. The winner then faces Clemson. Say what you want or as you perceive the truth but Rutgers has consistency in getting into this tournament. What every player who is lucky enough to be chosen to participate in.

Comment

Perfect timing! With that being said by all the haters, doubters and just negative parents; Congratulations to Rutgers for getting selected to play in the D1 NCAA Women’s soccer championship. They play on April 27th vs. Southeastern La. The winner then faces Clemson. Say what you want or as you perceive the truth but Rutgers has consistency in getting into this tournament. What every player who is lucky enough to be chosen to participate in.
                The prior poster is correct. Rutgers is far from being an elite program.

Comment

Perfectly fine, not exceptional, for soccer or academics. Great players with strong grades will have other bigger name programs and schools to chose from. Plus not everyone from the area wants to stay close to home. College is a time to spread your wings.

Comment

Below the elites, I agree. Rutgers has a strong midfield that keeps them in every match and every other position is good, not great so I concur. That being said Rutgers does enough to show consistency getting into the tournament. An at large bid shows the committee that they are a good solid program with a very good reputation. Now they have the chance to start over and go from there. Clemson will be very telling about this program vs. ACC Competition.

Comment

Why does Rutgers not recruit from some of the other national level academies in NJ that are not in ECNL. When is the last time you saw a CSA or PSA girl go to Rutgers???? Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot as those players go to Duke, UCLA, Virginia, Florida etc.

Comment

Below the elites, I agree. Rutgers has a strong midfield that keeps them in every match and every other position is good, not great so I concur. That being said Rutgers does enough to show consistency getting into the tournament. An at large bid shows the committee that they are a good solid program with a very good reputation. Now they have the chance to start over and go from there. Clemson will be very telling about this program vs. ACC Competition.
                        Only if they had a coach with a vision.

For all my years at PDA games I’ve never witnessed the coach to effectively change a game plan, update match ups, or correct a basic mistake that the same player is making over and over again.

Comment

Jenna Royson at GT. Made College Cup semi-finals in 2018.

Comment

For all my years at PDA games I’ve never witnessed the coach to effectively change a game plan, update match ups, or correct a basic mistake that the same player is making over and over again.
                            Boom.

Comment

Jr Royson at Georgetown someone mentioned. Not only at cup semi's in 2018 in a 1-0 loss to UNC (if GT's gk was not injured near end of the game i think they win it); GT had an NCAA auto 2019 and this year should go deep once again. I believe GT is a top seed. She seems to have made a very sound choice over Rutgers.

Comment

And what is you name and soccer credentials. Your a parent with your own opinion. What that means is stay in your own lane to say you know better than the coach. Clearly, the RU Athletic director has full faith in the coaches at Rutgers. Rutgers has consistently been to the NCAA Tournament so the coaching has worked. When an anonymous person starts talking strategy about soccer it lacks relevance. You talk about the coach, what your name and soccer coaching credentials?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X