Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is there a graph or something to visually show the relationship and flow of RCL, ECNL, Academies, etc. This is quite confusing, especially for a non soccer parent from outside the region.
    I'm not going to make a graphic, but I'll give it a shot:

BOYS SIDE

Without getting into US Club/US Youth/NPL/etc...the levels of perceived prestige go Academy>>ECNL>>RCL. But a larger club's RCL team(s) are often better than a smaller club's ECNL program. ECNLR next year will either clarify or further muddy that relationship.

GIRLS SIDE

You'd probably go ECNL>>GAL>>RCL, right? It seems like Reign aren't ready to contend with ECNL at this point, but again, just in terms of "prestige", that's how I'd line them up.

Anyone else feel free to jump in and do a better job than my cluster!

Comment

BOYS SIDE

Without getting into US Club/US Youth/NPL/etc...the levels of perceived prestige go Academy>>ECNL>>RCL. But a larger club's RCL team(s) are often better than a smaller club's ECNL program. ECNLR next year will either clarify or further muddy that relationship.

GIRLS SIDE

You'd probably go ECNL>>GAL>>RCL, right? It seems like Reign aren't ready to contend with ECNL at this point, but again, just in terms of "prestige", that's how I'd line them up.

I would say on the Girls Side ECNL>High School>GAL=RCL1

Comment

BOYS SIDE

GIRLS SIDE

Agree with above. High school did get better for the girls based on limited clubs telling girls they cant play.

Comment

BOYS SIDE

GIRLS SIDE

That is helpful, thank you for writing this up.

Comment

That is helpful, thank you for writing this up.

It sounds like more details are getting released about ECNL Regional league next week.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X