Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think it is safe to assume that most of the crap talk on this thread is from parents of mediocre players that are overly invested in results because their player has no path beyond high school. I mean really, this should all be about development of players to the highest pathway. This is where SC and LR have failed. When at NEFC, SC actively discouraged players from going to Central and playing DA (now GA). To me that is sad and pathetic. LR wears kids out playing 4 games per weekend so he can make a living at coaching. These guys are good coaches but willing victims of pay-to-play which makes it very difficult to make a living at soccer without appealing to the craziest parents. I am thankful I moved my player to a top MA team to remove my family from the cesspool that RI soccer has become. I'm not saying it's 100% better in MA, but it's a bigger pool so it is not so personal.
    That is part of it but there should still be a place for kids that are good enough for club but not interested in playing after high school. I realize it’s not the majority of players but RI does not seem to have a market for those players where MA does. Development to the highest pathway is individual. Kids play other sports that they are more likely to want to pursue in college or have educational goals that the commitment of a college sport would not be realistic with.

Comment

I think it is safe to assume that most of the crap talk on this thread is from parents of mediocre players that are overly invested in results because their player has no path beyond high school. I mean really, this should all be about development of players to the highest pathway. This is where SC and LR have failed. When at NEFC, SC actively discouraged players from going to Central and playing DA (now GA). To me that is sad and pathetic. LR wears kids out playing 4 games per weekend so he can make a living at coaching. These guys are good coaches but willing victims of pay-to-play which makes it very difficult to make a living at soccer without appealing to the craziest parents. I am thankful I moved my player to a top MA team to remove my family from the cesspool that RI soccer has become. I'm not saying it's 100% better in MA, but it's a bigger pool so it is not so personal.
      I’m sorry Surf was a disappointment for your family but I don’t think your going to find things are much better at Scorpions Taunton. NR has been a problem. Surf has major problems too.

Comment

nice to see all the passion from soooo many longgggg posts. I'll some it up quickly for everyone.....

Bayside is a joke. It's a glorified town team where if you don't leave to NEFC GA, Scorpions ECNL or both Stars ECNL teams by U-14 you are stuck at Bayside with no path. I bet Bayside parents never thought it would end up this badly...IMPACT NPL. Really? That's awesome!! So much competition but then again it's perfect for Bayside. Pretend to have a good record and pretend to be good. IMPACT NPL?????

Comment

nice to see all the passion from soooo many longgggg posts. I'll some it up quickly for everyone.....

Bayside is a joke. It's a glorified town team where if you don't leave to NEFC GA, Scorpions ECNL or both Stars ECNL teams by U-14 you are stuck at Bayside with no path. I bet Bayside parents never thought it would end up this badly...IMPACT NPL. Really? That's awesome!! So much competition but then again it's perfect for Bayside. Pretend to have a good record and pretend to be good. IMPACT NPL?????
          It's getting old dude. You keep swinging with weak fists.

Comment

It's basically the DPL clubs that didn't bow down to Nick Burke. Which are some good clubs by the way. You're an idiot parent or more likely one of the sucky Surf coaches.

Comment

It's basically the DPL clubs that didn't bow down to Nick Burke. Which are some good clubs by the way. You're an idiot parent or more likely one of the sucky Surf coaches.
              Different poster but other than Aztecs name another good club team in IMPACT NPL??

Comment

Different poster but other than Aztecs name another good club team in IMPACT NPL??
                you don't get out much I guess...

What would you consider a good club team?? Pumas

Comment

ok enough! What's the obsession with you people towards Bayside? For the parents that are still there it's a good club. It's not about the wins/losses or how good the league you play in all the time. As some posters were constantly saying that after U-13 nobody from Bayside can play ECNL or GA....so what! That might be true, but Bayside is about community. The best kids can leave to ECNL or GA if they want, but we are staying until my daughter graduates.

Comment

We will see how it goes for you when Town associations who are sick of SC and LR making money on teams that don't even practice, vote in some new rules.

I know you won't id yourself, at least id your town. And also id the other towns that are sick of this as well. Don't hide your town's feelings, let's make it an open discussion to make it better for all. But first, I'm confused. Are you upset with the talent of the Puma teams or are you upset that you think SC and LR are making money? I am a Puma parent, here is your answer to both. They play their teams up at least 1 year, in some cases 2 years, and they play certain players up 3 years. As for the making $, it may be true, but trust me, it's a ham and cheese sandwich as most. And for all they both do, they should be paid more. We have done our research, most towns charge between $200 and $250 per player for the Spring Super Liga session, and they own their fields, so the town takes care of them as part of your taxes. We have to rent fields, and we still pay about half of what all other towns pay. So how much $ are SC and LR really making??? Stop the hate and enjoy the Spring season.

Comment

ok enough! What's the obsession with you people towards Bayside? For the parents that are still there it's a good club. It's not about the wins/losses or how good the league you play in all the time. As some posters were constantly saying that after U-13 nobody from Bayside can play ECNL or GA....so what! That might be true, but Bayside is about community. The best kids can leave to ECNL or GA if they want, but we are staying until my daughter graduates.
                      There is definitely some hate here for Bayside, but they are the top Boys side in RI so they earned that. Their girls side has always struggled a bit as they have a ton of competition right over the border of MA with NEFC, FC Stars and Scorpions, which have been gifted with the top girls leagues ECNL and GA (formerly GDA). Having said that, at least prior to Covid, Bayside was good for a couple of D1 placements from it's girls side every year. Not for nothing, but college coaches don't recruit teams, they recruit players. ECNL or GA doesn't guarantee you get placed, just makes it easier to be seen.

That's a long winded way of me saying the girls side at Bayside may work fine for most and even those looking to play after HS can make a go of it at Bayside, it may just require a bit more work to get and stay on a college coach's radar.

Comment

I know you won't id yourself, at least id your town. And also id the other towns that are sick of this as well. Don't hide your town's feelings, let's make it an open discussion to make it better for all. But first, I'm confused. Are you upset with the talent of the Puma teams or are you upset that you think SC and LR are making money? I am a Puma parent, here is your answer to both. They play their teams up at least 1 year, in some cases 2 years, and they play certain players up 3 years. As for the making $, it may be true, but trust me, it's a ham and cheese sandwich as most. And for all they both do, they should be paid more. We have done our research, most towns charge between $200 and $250 per player for the Spring Super Liga session, and they own their fields, so the town takes care of them as part of your taxes. We have to rent fields, and we still pay about half of what all other towns pay. So how much $ are SC and LR really making??? Stop the hate and enjoy the Spring season.
                        Every town is under a system that includes 2 birth years per team, so if you mean all Pumas teams play up into the next bracket then I know this is not true. The Pumas girls U14 team for instance plays in its own age group (with 07 and 08 kids). So again, it's a club team playing in a town league in its own age group. There is nothing noble about it.

Comment

There is definitely some hate here for Bayside, but they are the top Boys side in RI so they earned that. Their girls side has always struggled a bit as they have a ton of competition right over the border of MA with NEFC, FC Stars and Scorpions, which have been gifted with the top girls leagues ECNL and GA (formerly GDA). Having said that, at least prior to Covid, Bayside was good for a couple of D1 placements from it's girls side every year. Not for nothing, but college coaches don't recruit teams, they recruit players. ECNL or GA doesn't guarantee you get placed, just makes it easier to be seen.

That's a long winded way of me saying the girls side at Bayside may work fine for most and even those looking to play after HS can make a go of it at Bayside, it may just require a bit more work to get and stay on a college coach's radar.
                          We would ideally like to move our child from her current club.
                          Is Bayside a hard team to get on for an average to above average skill soccer player - pre-teen - central RI?
                          Seems like it is the only option for RI, and would ideally like to not drive far.
                          Any other clubs that I am missing?

Comment

LOL How many players on Providence Pumas from Providence? The party will be over soon.

Comment

Every town is under a system that includes 2 birth years per team, so if you mean all Pumas teams play up into the next bracket then I know this is not true. The Pumas girls U14 team for instance plays in its own age group (with 07 and 08 kids). So again, it's a club team playing in a town league in its own age group. There is nothing noble about it.
                              Yep. But the parents get to celebrate wins. That's what it is all about.

Comment

LOL How many players on Providence Pumas from Providence? The party will be over soon.

Why not touch on my statement instead of bringing up where kids live? As was stated before, these kids are not allowed to play up for their towns, so this is the only other option for competitive organized Saturday soccer. Please enlighten me on where you would like them to play? FYI, if Puma can't have kids on their roster that are not from Providence, mostly all town teams will be going thru a lot of cuts for the same reason. Hundreds of kids statewide do not play for their town, for this exact reason. Your just mad the Pumas do it best, and you have no been invited to join them. Get over it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X