Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaches Favorite players

All coaches have their favorite player on the team. What type of player should get favoritism? Should a coach's relationship with parents play a role in play time? If a team is losing more games then winning, why does not a coach change players positions, because obviously something is not working. Thoughts??

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All coaches have their favorite player on the team. What type of player should get favoritism? Should a coach's relationship with parents play a role in play time? If a team is losing more games then winning, why does not a coach change players positions, because obviously something is not working. Thoughts??
    There should not be parental relationships with coaches. If a coach has close relationships with certain parents and those kids are starting or being shown favoritism then there is something very wrong with the team dynamics that will never be fixed. Players will soon begin to notice and it will cause division in the team. The coach is solely responsible for that. Players should be shown “favoritism” because they work hard, perform and are consistent not because daddy is best buds with the coach. Good luck if your on a team like that. Believe me I know a few and it’s poison.

Comment

GA and ECNL

It's sad when a coach puts so much stock in a few players and they cant deliver. The coach has blinders on. Maybe put them on the bench and try someone new. A little healthy competition goes a long way!!!
      At the highest level whether ECNL or GA.... players should be able to use both feet and pass and receive the ball and of course make good decisions with a little pressure on them.

Comment

It's sad when a coach puts so much stock in a few players and they cant deliver. The coach has blinders on. Maybe put them on the bench and try someone new. A little healthy competition goes a long way!!!
        At the highest level whether ECNL or GA.... players should be able to use both feet and pass and receive the ball and of course make good decisions with a little pressure on them.
        What’s your point? There are plenty of poorly technically developed players at the GA level?

Comment

If you ask parents, most will have a nepotistic view and say their child should be playing. Those with kids that are good will believe their child should be playing all the time and those with kids that aren't as good will say their kids should get equal playing time. I think up until U12, all kids should be getting equal playing time. From U13 up, those that are clearly better should get 75% playing time. The reason is that kids at this age need to start striving to get better and have something to work towards. You want more playing time, get better, work harder, even on non-practice days.

As for changing positions, also up to U12, all kids should be playing different position. To stick a child to one position is a horrible way to develop them.

Comment

If you ask parents, most will have a nepotistic view and say their child should be playing. Those with kids that are good will believe their child should be playing all the time and those with kids that aren't as good will say their kids should get equal playing time. I think up until U12, all kids should be getting equal playing time. From U13 up, those that are clearly better should get 75% playing time. The reason is that kids at this age need to start striving to get better and have something to work towards. You want more playing time, get better, work harder, even on non-practice days.

As for changing positions, also up to U12, all kids should be playing different position. To stick a child to one position is a horrible way to develop them.
            Oh, good! The soccer version of communism!

Comment

Oh, good! The soccer version of communism!
              Are you still feeding your 12 year old from a baby bottle?

Comment

Are you still feeding your 12 year old from a baby bottle?
                He has your wife's breasts for when he wants to suckle.

Comment

He has your wife's breasts for when he wants to suckle.
                  So you're saying your son is my child? Idiot.

Comment

Not at all. We just share her when she needs to be satisfied.

Comment

I'm pretty sure what you posted makes no sense. If OPs son was suckling on your wife's breast, it would more likely mean your wife is his mom, hence he's banging your wife. Maybe go back to health class. Idiot.

Comment

Not at all. We just share her when she needs to be satisfied.
                        Your kid doesn't get much playing time right?

Comment

I'm pretty sure what you posted makes no sense. If OPs son was suckling on your wife's breast, it would more likely mean your wife is his mom, hence he's banging your wife. Maybe go back to health class. Idiot.
                          If my wife is his mom, then he's my son and OPs is raising my child without knowing. Idiot.

Comment

I have rarely seen any favoritism on the clubs we've been on.

Comment

If a coach recruited a player to college and they are also coaching the player now (say -on a U17 or U18 team) then they should always favorite that future college player. No reason to give others a chance even if your team is winning by a 3-4 goal margin. The future player has a right to be the starters and to play 3/4 of the game. It’s not favoritism, it’s just investment.

If the coach can recruit your player to a team and are actively working on it, they should treat your kid in a special way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X