Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superliga Registration

What towns are registered for Superliga? Is everyone playing this Spring?

Everyone is playing. We should not make the kids play in masks when many other states are no longer forcing masks outdoors for kids.

Comment

I think you might be on the wrong site. You're looking for Talking-Town-Soccer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I think you might be on the wrong site. You're looking for Talking-Town-Soccer.com.
        How many 2007 girls teams does Surf have? Once you get past two teams, all of those teams get smoked by a good town team. Smoked.

Comment

How many 2007 girls teams does Surf have? Once you get past two teams, all of those teams get smoked by a good town team. Smoked.
          That's because the "good" town teams are stacked with players from clubs' first two teams.

Comment

That's because the "good" town teams are stacked with players from clubs' first two teams.
            It’s because the only “good” 2007 town team are the Pumas (aka surf).

Comment

It’s because the only “good” 2007 town team are the Pumas (aka surf).
              Even the 2007 Pumas team has had a few competitive games in Superliga, even losing a couple to town teams. There's other competition out there.

Comment

Even the 2007 Pumas team has had a few competitive games in Superliga, even losing a couple to town teams. There's other competition out there.
                Agreed, and beating them as an actual town team makes it all the sweeter.

Comment

Somewhat true but there are also a lot of multi-sport athletes on those town teams that could easily play club if soccer was their first sport.

Comment

Somewhat true but there are also a lot of multi-sport athletes on those town teams that could easily play club if soccer was their first sport.
                    I was told the new club surf is playing town soccer in superliga? I thought they were playing in CT? Any insight, as we were considering joining next year for our little one.

Comment

I was told the new club surf is playing town soccer in superliga? I thought they were playing in CT? Any insight, as we were considering joining next year for our little one.
                      Yes, I believe they play under puma in the town league. Not sure if they still play in CT. Have a friend who's daughter plays for Surf. They say it is a nice step up from her town, but not overwhelming. We are also thinking of applying. Nice they are local and hopefully not a great amount of travel.

Comment

Yes, I believe they play under puma in the town league. Not sure if they still play in CT. Have a friend who's daughter plays for Surf. They say it is a nice step up from her town, but not overwhelming. We are also thinking of applying. Nice they are local and hopefully not a great amount of travel.
                        Hi. We are with Mach1. We also played many town teams this fall like Surf. The cost is a bit high but we are having fun. It is pretty relaxed. Nice to have an activity. We are starting in a new league next week in Mass. I believe it is not a town league. maybe check it out. Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Hi. We are with Mach1. We also played many town teams this fall like Surf. The cost is a bit high but we are having fun. It is pretty relaxed. Nice to have an activity. We are starting in a new league next week in Mass. I believe it is not a town league. maybe check it out. Good luck with your decision.
                          There's some mixing of club-like town teams and lower level club teams (and lower level teams of bigger clubs) within NECSL. Not the more "typical" SuperLiga town teams though.

https://www.thenecsl.com/

Comment

Are a lot of town programs short players this year? Coventry only has 1 boys team amd 3 girls team playing in Superliga. What happened to all the players? Are other towns in as bad a shape this spring?

Comment

We are competing with lacrosse and baseball as well as basketball (AAU).
                              We have enough players rostered but getting them all to practices and games is another issue.
                              Feels like the families are less committed in the spring to soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X