X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790094]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

What did you do here, did you literally cut and paste this from their website? I thought SUSA marketing people would at least try to hide their allegiances.

Also, if you think that the coming college athletics apocalypse that is coming, will not affect all these for profit soccer academies and leagues, you’re all in for a sad awakening when there are no scholarships to be had for secondary sports such as soccer. Then, you’ll realize all those thousand of dollars chasing the “platform” was not worth it.
    They'll affect them, of course...but not nearly as dramatically as they're going to affect all the other leagues. If you think ECNL is going to get hit with college commits, leagues like EDP won't stand a chance.

Also, I get why the Susa marketing interns are on this thread, but why are so many morons from Smithtown chiming in for 20 something pages now?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790127]

They'll affect them, of course...but not nearly as dramatically as they're going to affect all the other leagues. If you think ECNL is going to get hit with college commits, leagues like EDP won't stand a chance.

Also, I get why the Susa marketing interns are on this thread, but why are so many morons from Smithtown chiming in for 20 something pages now?
      Not everyone on here is from Smithtown, but those of us non-Smithtown people do have one thing in common with the Smithtown people, we're tired of all the fake SUSA propaganda. Plus, in the end, I don't know how to break it to you but most of those ECNL players end up playing at the same colleges as the EDP/USYS kids. Only a very select few play at the elite division 1 schools so your whole platform nonsense is just that, nonsense. All we have to do is look at the list of SUSA commits, it's filled with lower level soccer schools. So other than throwing your money away, all you're really doing is paying for those handful of elite players that SUSA might have. A sucker is born every day.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790094]

What did you do here, did you literally cut and paste this from their website? I thought SUSA marketing people would at least try to hide their allegiances.

Also, if you think that the coming college athletics apocalypse that is coming, will not affect all these for profit soccer academies and leagues, you’re all in for a sad awakening when there are no scholarships to be had for secondary sports such as soccer. Then, you’ll realize all those thousand of dollars chasing the “platform” was not worth it.
        Okay, let me give you another “reality check”. I do not know of anyone at SUSA who think there kid is getting substantial scholarship money. This argument by the “have nots” is old. People are not stupid and think that Womens college soccer offer scholarships to all their athletes. My daughter like most just want to go to a good academic college and if soccer can assist her in getting in then that is the scholarship. The money of course would be greatly appreciated but it is not the reason to play at SUSA. It’s the competition and competitiveness of the league. Every dollar spent has been absolutely worth it because the goal of using soccer to get my daughter committed early has been priceless. Every dollar spent, every travel tournament, every overnight stay, plane trip, etc. the memories will be there between us for ever. That has nothing to do with the club that’s between me and my kid.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790149]

Not everyone on here is from Smithtown, but those of us non-Smithtown people do have one thing in common with the Smithtown people, we're tired of all the fake SUSA propaganda. Plus, in the end, I don't know how to break it to you but most of those ECNL players end up playing at the same colleges as the EDP/USYS kids. Only a very select few play at the elite division 1 schools so your whole platform nonsense is just that, nonsense. All we have to do is look at the list of SUSA commits, it's filled with lower level soccer schools. So other than throwing your money away, all you're really doing is paying for those handful of elite players that SUSA might have. A sucker is born every day.
          Okay then share with us which EDP/USYS teams match the 2020 SUSA Commitments. What clubs so I can look it up on their club websites. Prove we are suckers, what clubs are you telling us matches SUSA 2020 commitments.

Comment

Smithtown and Susa

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790179]

Okay then share with us which EDP/USYS teams match the 2020 SUSA Commitments. What clubs so I can look it up on their club websites. Prove we are suckers, what clubs are you telling us matches SUSA 2020 commitments.
            so funny (yet pathetic), the susa chest thumpers really getting unhinged/triggered today.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790176]

Okay, let me give you another “reality check”. I do not know of anyone at SUSA who think there kid is getting substantial scholarship money. This argument by the “have nots” is old. People are not stupid and think that Womens college soccer offer scholarships to all their athletes. My daughter like most just want to go to a good academic college and if soccer can assist her in getting in then that is the scholarship. The money of course would be greatly appreciated but it is not the reason to play at SUSA. It’s the competition and competitiveness of the league. Every dollar spent has been absolutely worth it because the goal of using soccer to get my daughter committed early has been priceless. Every dollar spent, every travel tournament, every overnight stay, plane trip, etc. the memories will be there between us for ever. That has nothing to do with the club that’s between me and my kid.
              So, the argument from the earlier post was that SUSA and ECNL offered a “platform,” which gets you in front of college coaches. Now, your argument is that it is not about the college coaches but the competitiveness of the league. My question is which one is it because those arguments do not reconcile themselves. If you look at the list of most of the SUSA commits (Oneonta, Cortland, etc.), these are state schools and others that are not exactly top academic schools and certainly don’t require playing soccer to get into.

It sounds like you did have a good time with your daughter and that’s great. Actually, I applaud it because I think parents should bond with their children. However, could you of have not gone simply on several vacations with your daughter with the money that you could have saved on soccer instead of being tied to particular weekends and places.

Lastly, if college sports do collapse, ECNL will be the most affected league. Their whole marketing pitch is getting girls into college. Why would anyone need to play in a league when there are no college sports to play.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790247]

So, the argument from the earlier post was that SUSA and ECNL offered a “platform,” which gets you in front of college coaches. Now, your argument is that it is not about the college coaches but the competitiveness of the league. My question is which one is it because those arguments do not reconcile themselves. If you look at the list of most of the SUSA commits (Oneonta, Cortland, etc.), these are state schools and others that are not exactly top academic schools and certainly don’t require playing soccer to get into.

It sounds like you did have a good time with your daughter and that’s great. Actually, I applaud it because I think parents should bond with their children. However, could you of have not gone simply on several vacations with your daughter with the money that you could have saved on soccer instead of being tied to particular weekends and places.

Lastly, if college sports do collapse, ECNL will be the most affected league. Their whole marketing pitch is getting girls into college. Why would anyone need to play in a league when there are no college sports to play.
                Maybe I wasn’t clear , it’s always about the platform on LI. It’s not about the coaches ort trainers. ECNL is about competitiveness of the teams and leagues. The reason for my daughter to play SUSA/ECNL is the platform. My point was answering these Smithtown parents who keep saying SUSA is trying to “steal” their players. If a Smithtown player has the chance to choose between the 2 and her goal is to play college soccer she will choose SUSA. You are trying to put down SUSA 2020 Commitments by listing 2 SUNY’S. Nothing wrong with those schools but how about mentioning all the other colleges these young ladies are attending. I would like to see the 2020 list for Smithtown. Since you have this info how about mentioning those schools. You should have ended your thought process before you started typing “Lastly”. You lost me there. Anyone can go on the SUSA Website to see the full 2020 commitment list. Where can I find the Smithtown list?

Comment

Smithtown and Susa

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790399]

Maybe I wasn’t clear , it’s always about the platform on LI. It’s not about the coaches ort trainers. ECNL is about competitiveness of the teams and leagues. The reason for my daughter to play SUSA/ECNL is the platform. My point was answering these Smithtown parents who keep saying SUSA is trying to “steal” their players. If a Smithtown player has the chance to choose between the 2 and her goal is to play college soccer she will choose SUSA. You are trying to put down SUSA 2020 Commitments by listing 2 SUNY’S. Nothing wrong with those schools but how about mentioning all the other colleges these young ladies are attending. I would like to see the 2020 list for Smithtown. Since you have this info how about mentioning those schools. You should have ended your thought process before you started typing “Lastly”. You lost me there. Anyone can go on the SUSA Website to see the full 2020 commitment list. Where can I find the Smithtown list?
                  After 40 years in "Not For Profit" Business the Smithtown List of college commitments is to large to post. The reputation and history stands on its own merit.

Only dooshbags like yourself come on here chest thumping yourself to try and justify being ripped off by hack "for profit" soccer clubs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790441]

After 40 years in "Not For Profit" Business the Smithtown List of college commitments is to large to post. The reputation and history stands on its own merit.

Only dooshbags like yourself come on here chest thumping yourself to try and justify being ripped off by hack "for profit" soccer clubs.

The ECNL platform without a doubt provides a huge advantage in getting players committed. SUSA is new to ECNL and it's players will benefit greatly because of it. While Smithtown may have an impressive list that we are all still waiting to see, SUSA's list will continue to improve with the 03s, 04s and 05s. And for the argument that some of these players did not commit while at SUSA, those that committed before did so on another ECNL team. Like SUSA or not, they are in the right position with ECNL to get the players the most exposure. 100+ coaches of all levels at games brings opportunity for every player.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790441]

Good to talk about the glory days. This conversation was started by Smithtown parents saying that SUSA is trying to steal their players. I guess the reputation and history is not enough for those players who want to play ECNL. You can see on SUSA website those players who committed to colleges and then moved to SUSA as well as those players who committed while they were with the club. The bottom line is they all choose to play at SUSA now. Who cares where they committed. No one at SUSA. It just adds to the competition and competitiveness these players want. Show us the “not for profit” college commitments for the last 3 years. Where can we find them on the website. No chest thumping nor bragging nor trying to justify anything. While are Smithtown parents all worked up about a for profit club and parents who are getting ripped?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790583]

Good to talk about the glory days. This conversation was started by Smithtown parents saying that SUSA is trying to steal their players. I guess the reputation and history is not enough for those players who want to play ECNL. You can see on SUSA website those players who committed to colleges and then moved to SUSA as well as those players who committed while they were with the club. The bottom line is they all choose to play at SUSA now. Who cares where they committed. No one at SUSA. It just adds to the competition and competitiveness these players want. Show us the “not for profit” college commitments for the last 3 years. Where can we find them on the website. No chest thumping nor bragging nor trying to justify anything. While are Smithtown parents all worked up about a for profit club and parents who are getting ripped?
                        You do realize that not for profit clubs don't usually create these lists because they dont need to. SUSA creates a list because it needs to try and sell people something. They need to try and convince you why you should pay double to play there even if it is to, in the end, go to, and play at, the same colleges the not for profit kids go to. Not for profit clubs don't have to sell, they don't have marketing interns creating lists, e.t.c. It's really unbelievable how the more you SUSA people talk, the dumber you look trying to justify your actions. Its really pathetic.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790687]

You do realize that not for profit clubs don't usually create these lists because they dont need to. SUSA creates a list because it needs to try and sell people something. They need to try and convince you why you should pay double to play there even if it is to, in the end, go to, and play at, the same colleges the not for profit kids go to. Not for profit clubs don't have to sell, they don't have marketing interns creating lists, e.t.c. It's really unbelievable how the more you SUSA people talk, the dumber you look trying to justify your actions. Its really pathetic.
                          Pathetic? It’s put up or shut up time. Enough with your rationale. Where on the Smithtown website are the names of players and colleges they will be attending. Show 3 years of commits. You say they do not want to publicize and congratulate these young ladies because they do not have to? Really, you just make this stuff up as you write. There is no SUSA people talking about Smithtown. You have been asked repeatedly for the list of commits and why isn’t it on the website and your calling people pathetic, dumb and trying to justify your actions. Again, good luck to Smithtown with their new alliance. Where’s the commitment list.

Comment

On the Smithtown website, they have a "College Resources" tab that contains info for HS-aged players and families regarding college recruiting. So clearly they are interested in publicizing the idea that their club helps players with college recruiting.

Also, wasn't the whole idea behind Smithtown teaming up with the Slammers to help promote the club? Seems like if they had substantial history of good college commitments that it would be something in line with the kind of promotion and marketing they want to do (and would probably cost nothing to publish such a list)

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790819]

On the Smithtown website, they have a "College Resources" tab that contains info for HS-aged players and families regarding college recruiting. So clearly they are interested in publicizing the idea that their club helps players with college recruiting.

Also, wasn't the whole idea behind Smithtown teaming up with the Slammers to help promote the club? Seems like if they had substantial history of good college commitments that it would be something in line with the kind of promotion and marketing they want to do (and would probably cost nothing to publish such a list)
                              Wow, you're really missing the point here, they don't publish a list because they don't need to. They're a not for profit club that over the years has had decent success and the occasional very good team. But people who live in Smithtown either play for the club or they don't and for the most part, the club only consists of Smithtown kids, so people know what they are getting. Yes, there are exceptions but for the most part its just Smithtown kids. So publishing a list doesn't do anything for them. Unless of course you're now insinuating that since they don't publish a list, no one from the club has ever gone on to play soccer?

Comment

This is the biggest LOAD OF CRAP I've ever read on this forum. Now you're just making shlt up so you can hide behind the BS that Smithtown has a strong pathway to college (which they don't). All their wheeling and dealing and promises, with very little to show for it. By the way, LGN, NY Surf, East Meadow ALL have their college commitments proudly posted-so your BS that not for profit clubs don't do this is exposed for the flat out lie that it is, because they're all not for profit clubs too. It took me all of 5 seconds to look them up.

FYI, I don't even have a kid at Susa but so tired of reading all this crap from these nut jobs at Smithtown who have NEVER been half as good as they want people to think. The funniest part of that post was that not for profit clubs don't have to sell-LMFAO!!! Smithtown is always trying to sell something!!! First it was their partnership with EMSC, now it's their Slammers franchise, always desperately trying to sell a peak at ECNL, lol. If they were any good, they'd stand on their own 2 feet, have the kids compete and make a name for themselves that way instead of pathetically always trying to ride the coattails of a better club and ironically calling everyone else a poser while they do it. Now that's pathetic.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X