Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family’s attacking family’s with in same clubs?.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls parents are the worst.

Comment

The worst thing about youth sports = parents.

Sign the check, and shut your ****ing mouth. Your kid isn’t Messi or Carli Lloyd, and this is a game they're playing. It’s a phase in their life, and it will end. Enjoy it from the sidelines while it lasts and stay out of the way.

Nothing worse than fanatical parents that have to meddle. If you have your coach’s cell phone number in your phone and you’ve used it, you’re guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Sign the check, and shut your ****ing mouth. Your kid isn’t Messi or Carli Lloyd, and this is a game they're playing. It’s a phase in their life, and it will end. Enjoy it from the sidelines while it lasts and stay out of the way.

Nothing worse than fanatical parents that have to meddle. If you have your coach’s cell phone number in your phone and you’ve used it, you’re guilty.
        Ha! Great line. Our parents have the coach on speed dial. Total insanity. Let your kid earn it on their own..... oh wait, they can’t.

Comment

The nastiest ones aren't loud; they shiv kids quietly under their breath or they seek out 1-2 other parents who are also diks. Those covens need to be taken to task quickly and it's up to parents to police it.

And btw - the kids hear A LOT more than your realize. A few years back one of our players called a parent to task during a game. Took balls as he was only 15.

Comment

The nastiest ones aren't loud; they shiv kids quietly under their breath or they seek out 1-2 other parents who are also diks. Those covens need to be taken to task quickly and it's up to parents to police it.

And btw - the kids hear A LOT more than your realize. A few years back one of our players called a parent to task during a game. Took balls as he was only 15.
            My kid already knows who the as*hole parents are on our team.. but then again everyone knows. People can see through the fake smile and act.

Comment

I’m surprised jack didn’t do it, but I really didn’t expect it, he is a coward.

Comment

I’m surprised jack didn’t do it, but I really didn’t expect it, he is a coward.
                Wonder who strung this guy up....they will blame the klan or cops, but pretty clear it was the gfs family.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/18/robert...ps-killed-him/

Comment

classic westport mom style - fake smile at you and then talk ***** about your kid to the clique. Good news is everyone sees through this. Not nearly smart enough to actually convince anyone they aren't byatches

Comment

It's a sad situation, but if the coach simply responded to the butthead parents by sitting their kid on the bench, the noise would go away rather quickly.

Comment

Just wanted to hear some thoughts in regards to family’s who attack or use a passive aggressive approach towards players/families with in the same club.
                      Comes down to this. Parents are only out for their kids. And that is their job. When the pettiness comes out, they attack where ever they feel threatned. They will attack:
                      -Other Clubs: Because their kid is not on it.
                      -Players families in the same club: Because something threatens them...the bragger, the kid who's taking their kids playing time, whatever it might be.
                      -The Coach: Because parents feel they know their kid better and what the coach says or does that doesn't line up to that is wrong.

Bottom line: these discussions disappear for these parents when their kids have moved on from the sport. They only care about their kid, it's never in the best interest of the club or team.

Comment

Didn’t mean to offend you, coach. Just saying on our team there’s no way it isn’t heard. This isn’t under the breath stuff, it’s parents literally yelling out to kids on field.
                        Not the one who responded to you earlier. But why should coach have to parent parents? That's BS. You should ask the coach to come to your house and manager your parenting skills too.

Comment

Not the one who responded to you earlier. But why should coach have to parent parents? That's BS. You should ask the coach to come to your house and manager your parenting skills too.
                          In some situations it does make sense that it’s addressed. The toxic environment has an effect on the team dynamics. You want the team to do well- stop the parents that are backstabbing children and their families and pitting kids against each other. There’s no doubt that some of these kids don’t pass to others because of the dynamics the parents create. That has an impact on the team and the teams results.

Comment

It's a sad situation, but if the coach simply responded to the butthead parents by sitting their kid on the bench, the noise would go away rather quickly.
                            or maybe the kid that sucks should get better

Comment

In some situations it does make sense that it’s addressed. The toxic environment has an effect on the team dynamics. You want the team to do well- stop the parents that are backstabbing children and their families and pitting kids against each other. There’s no doubt that some of these kids don’t pass to others because of the dynamics the parents create. That has an impact on the team and the teams results.
                              welcome to OW

Comment

I actually overheard a parent (and she wasn't trying to be quiet about it) bad-mouthing my kid during a game. Full disclosure...my kid was having a shltty game. Just nothing was coming off right for her...it happens.

Anyway, she overheard the parent and I watched her shoulders just drop. She was heartbroken. She knew she wasn't playing well but having a parent tell her so just sucked. I should've, but didn't, say something.

So, the next year at tryouts, coach decides not to keep my kid. Mentions it's her confidence, and when it's bad she plays bad; when it's good she's great. I told him what happened last year (it was during the national semi-finals of a futsal tournament) and he says "Yeah, this club has a lot of strong personalities from the parents. Worst I've ever seen". Still, he did nothing.

Pissed me off.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X