Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTH is going on with Soccer clubs in RI???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTH is going on with Soccer clubs in RI???

Wow the blow up on TS this past week regarding RI soccer is insane!
    We have two serious problems that need to be fixed ASAP or we will lose what’s left of soccer.
    1. Coaches from town and club need to stop screwing around and return the kids to the soccer fields for practices. Parents uninterested can stay home. Kids need soccer back, baseball is back.
    2. Why was a big box club able to infiltrate RI? What did they offer? The small clubs are about to dissolve due to big company moving to town. Why would families and coaches support this? Most likely due to clubs not offering solid development, competition, and a clear path to colleges or pro. That’s why Surf is able to sell their club.

We need to take note in RI. Starting with towns get more competitive! Do better trainings more often. Build community and for goodness sake stop acting like snowflakes and get the kids who want to play on the field now.
    Clubs in RI you need to step up or Surf will take everyone of your good players.

Surf are going down the PAN

Comment

Greed

The problem with club soccer is they'll take anyone who is willing to pay. The word "TRYOUTS" is a hoax in club soccer and also other organizations like AAU. Stay true to the word tryouts and just take the best players. I've seen coaches take 15 players for a 7v7 team and each players may get 7-10 minutes playing time, and his excuse is, "We're building for the future", bunch of BS. All they want is your money!!

Comment

Surf uses a “curriculum” from US Soccer. “ Based on the US Soccer Curriculum, children are trained and evaluated based on age-appropriate skills and measures.”

This makes me run from SURF. As US soccer is very flawed.
        I prefer Brazilian soccer or English soccer.

Town soccer also based on US soccer, so that sucks too.
        So SURF sells town soccer training with fancy prices. Atleast if you go to Bayside you get more of the Portuguese/Brazilian style from the good coaches. Liverpool offers the English style. Either of these clubs are better for soccer than SURF. If you want to go to San Diego just go on vacation.

If SURF is selling US Soccer then I want nothing to do with them.
        The Brazillians and the Brits that’s where good soccer comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          We have two serious problems that need to be fixed ASAP or we will lose what’s left of soccer.
          1. Coaches from town and club need to stop screwing around and return the kids to the soccer fields for practices. Parents uninterested can stay home. Kids need soccer back, baseball is back.
          There's a third problem that is contributing to your first problem. We have a very short window of pleasant weather in RI. A lot of people like the beach. If you've been cooped up in your house for more than two months, then you are given a little freedom, it's sunny and 80 degrees and the ocean is right there, do you and the kids want to go to a soccer field? Some, maybe. I mean, my kid's whole life revolves around soccer, but he likes to surf too.

Comment

The problem with club soccer is they'll take anyone who is willing to pay. The word "TRYOUTS" is a hoax in club soccer and also other organizations like AAU. Stay true to the word tryouts and just take the best players. I've seen coaches take 15 players for a 7v7 team and each players may get 7-10 minutes playing time, and his excuse is, "We're building for the future", bunch of BS. All they want is your money!!
            So this message isn’t helpful because this person never played club or has a kid playing club. It is true clubs are building teams but kids are cut every year from club teams. They don’t take everyone. I’ve watched kids tryout and not make it. It’s sad but they work harder and try again. Clubs are looking to win and parents want playing time so it’s rare to have large rosters, when they do, parents leave for clubs where kids get to play. I don’t think it’s greed. The clubs are providing what towns are lacking. Towns in RI lack competition and the coaches (most) are just showing up but not vested. They coach to put their child in or to relive glory days. So our town soccer is super weak. Look at the fields, our state with a good handle on COVID and where are the town players? Who knows? Town soccer is the problem.

Comment

There's a third problem that is contributing to your first problem. We have a very short window of pleasant weather in RI. A lot of people like the beach. If you've been cooped up in your house for more than two months, then you are given a little freedom, it's sunny and 80 degrees and the ocean is right there, do you and the kids want to go to a soccer field? Some, maybe. I mean, my kid's whole life revolves around soccer, but he likes to surf too.
              So surf in the morning and offer soccer in the evening.
              We have a short ski window too but we make that work as well.

Comment

Surf uses a “curriculum” from US Soccer. “ Based on the US Soccer Curriculum, children are trained and evaluated based on age-appropriate skills and measures.”

This makes me run from SURF. As US soccer is very flawed.
                I prefer Brazilian soccer or English soccer.

Town soccer also based on US soccer, so that sucks too.
                So SURF sells town soccer training with fancy prices. Atleast if you go to Bayside you get more of the Portuguese/Brazilian style from the good coaches. Liverpool offers the English style. Either of these clubs are better for soccer than SURF. If you want to go to San Diego just go on vacation.

If SURF is selling US Soccer then I want nothing to do with them.
                The Brazillians and the Brits that’s where good soccer comes from.
                Let me Guess you like Brazilian Soccer Camps and Challengers soccer camps.
                These camps are run by a group of Brits that have ruined Rhode Island and New England Soccer.
                This management group brought in a influx of sub par pub coaches from the British islands.
                It has been a way for young Scottish, Irish and mostly British kids to get jobs in the US.

Perfect Example is GPS in Mass
                Before GPS came MPS and their teams were flooded with British coaches with nice accents and fancy sweatpants that bamboozled American parents into thinking their training was any good.
                Fast forward to 2020 and these kids now work in every major club in Mass and Rhode Island. They fast tracked these boys through NSCAA courses and made everyone think they actually played at a high level.
                I dare you to ask anyone of these clowns to show you any proof that they played at a high level in England or abroad
                Good Players didn't leave England . They stayed and worked in the Academies in 1st, 2nd and 3rd level clubs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2751204]Let me Guess you like Brazilian Soccer Camps and Challengers soccer camps.

my kid did not play for those fake camps. anyone who follows pro soccer knows us soccer sucks. england, Brazil, Italy, Portugal, and even the Dutch are superior. Why do you think we send our best boys abroad by 14? American soccer is a fail. towns and clubs who model their "curriculum" after us soccer will only fail too.

Comment

Surf will be more Kick and Run, just like towns. US Soccer is so backwards.

note for those of you clueless: "The alternative to “kick and run” is possession and total football - the kind of game that you see Barcelona and Germany beautifully master on the pitch. This playing style requires specific skills that must be developed at a young age."

US Club Soccer is a member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, and Payne believes there needs to be a “culture change” in how to develop youth players.

“The best way to measure soccer experience isn’t by wins and losses,” he said. “Our country for 30 years has encouraged youth soccer coaches to win games. That’s their mission. If you go to Argentina, Brazil, France or Germany, that’s not what the coaches are working on. They want to win matches, but the idea is how do we develop individual players?

“We have to reorientate our thinking away from winning youth soccer games and more to developing good players. We have to convince parents and then convince coaches to look at their jobs that way.”- David Payne

Comment

Surf will be more Kick and Run, just like towns.
                      I think you might be surprised.

Comment

I think you might be surprised.
                        well we won't see GPS, oh i mean Surf play since they won't be allowed to compete.

Comment

well we won't see GPS, oh i mean Surf play since they won't be allowed to compete.
                          Have to love baseless comments...

Comment

What is wrong with RI Soccer. The towns. End of story.

Comment

Ha, not allowed by whom? EPD just announced they're part of the league for 20/21.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X