Will Bayside Survive Exodus of Talent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick Barbosa should be a used car salesmen, let’s face it he’s one of the worst coaches in youth soccer. Has zero coaching qualifications and got fired by the Revs. Guys a loser. AS at Surf is the coach who truly develops players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Patrick Barbosa should be a used car salesmen, let’s face it he’s one of the worst coaches in youth soccer. Has zero coaching qualifications and got fired by the Revs. Guys a loser. AS at Surf is the coach who truly develops players.

This is such a false statement, to who ever wrote this about PB sounds like an insecure worm. Stop the shaming. While you're on here bad mouthing him he's minding his business.

He's a good coach and anyone else that thinks differently is clueless.

Comment

Not cool to call someone out like that regardless of your feelings on them.

Comment

These guys at Surf are just cowboys running around trashing everyone and making false statements. Since they emerged this board has gone into the gutter. It is disgusting.

Comment

AS at Surf is the coach who truly develops players.
            Absolutely laughable. Develops relationships with the teams Moms I’m sure, otherwise dime a dozen coach. But please tell me his connection to help your son/daughter get to the next level or college. Lasting through his college clinics/meetings is like sitting through a time share sales pitch and calling yourself a realtor.

Comment

These guys at Surf are just cowboys running around trashing everyone and making false statements. Since they emerged this board has gone into the gutter. It is disgusting.
              I agree. This was a quite forum where you could occasionally get some opinions on things. Since the Surf thing happened, we get loser Surf admins,coaches, and parents starting threads trying to bring down Bayside and their coaches. Absolutely shameful!! Surf will have some good teams and some good coaches, but the way they are going about this it will be a long while before they get in DPL. Have fun in the CT minor leagues.

Comment

This is some of the stupidest stuff I have ever read. I am a coach and know both PB and PM. Both are great guys and both have really solid and similar teams. Anyone putting one team way over the other is pushing an agenda and their word should nIt be trusted. Again I think both coaches are good dudes - just different styles. For one it’s a sprint, constantly looking for new talent and trying to win big each year. For one it’s a marathon with a long term outlook. Neither way is right nor wrong. If it works for the parents that are with their respective coach then that is great. But just because it works for your kid - don’t assume it works for everyone’s kid. PB has put together some very talented teams and he’s a solid coach. PM has developed girls in a different way and has had success with limited talent.
                No one on this board can take anything away from either of them. But if their styles don’t jibe and they ended up in different directions, what does it matter? Everyone on here acts like these coaches have so much control over the parents. Give the parents some credit. If PB’s players parents are happy, who the hell cares if PM is or isn’t recruiting. It doesn’t matter. Conversely, if PM’s players parents are happy, why do you blame the coach for them wanting to remain with that group? I’m kind of blown away reading this stuff. Everyone needs to chill.
                I agree with this to a point. I too have respect for them both. I don't see PB as a win first guy. He is a development focus coach as well but has to recruit more due to losing players to ECNL and DA. Which by the way happens when you play DPL, i.e. your player gets scouted for higher level.

I've always respected PM and thought he did a good job with his group and I still respect him. However, I'm not sure Surf was the best move for his strongest players if that is what he advocated. That said, it's parents' decision where there kids play. All in all both coaches are good and more importantly are good people. Stop with all this nonsense.

Comment

PM has coached my daughter for a few years. No recruiting needed and the team gets better every year. I’m sure the parents at Bayside are hurt that he has never tried to recruit your kid. I hope the Bayside parents that play for PB all have free rides already, because he’s out here promising them to us like candy right now.
                  Normally I gloss over these posts for a chuckle since nothing on TS can be taken too seriously. Concerning me is this one... if truly from Lusitana parent.

As a Bayside parent, when Lusitana became part of the Bayside family we could see that there was good talent and camaraderie in that group coached by PM. We've played many quality games against each other and rooted for your success in tournaments and matches. I've even gone so far as to recommend your group for players who are looking for a change. We as parents understand what a difficult decision it is to maintain loyalty to someone who has spent hours training our kids to be the player they are today, yet making sure to put them in the best situation and opportunity for future success. If your group decides to go to a new club with new opportunities, we hope that you have an enjoyable experience... we have no ill will to the parents or any players from that team. If PB wants to give out some "candy" to certain players then you should take that as a huge compliment and PB is only doing what is in the best interest of his club (if that is even true). We know that better players lead to better teams and better opportunities for the club to grow.

Comment

its too bad Bayside won’t get the opportunity to play in the same league as Surf. Would pay to see them crush SURF. Bayside still has all the talent. That’s what people are missing. The best players especially girls stayed with Bayside. The weak ones moved to Surf. Bayside girls have so much talent left there in ages 2008, 09, 10, and 11.

Comment

its too bad Bayside won’t get the opportunity to play in the same league as Surf. Would pay to see them crush SURF. Bayside still has all the talent. That’s what people are missing. The best players especially girls stayed with Bayside. The weak ones moved to Surf. Bayside girls have so much talent left there in ages 2008, 09, 10, and 11.
                      Out of curiosity, what was the rationale behind putting the '10s up a year but in a much lower bracket for the spring?

Also, will there be a full 2011 team for the upcoming fall season?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X