Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s a shame you don’t care as much for the 13,000 American lives lost from H1N1. But then again this isn’t about lives lost, is it. Just another political hack. You probably supported Pelosi’s call to San Francisco to ignore Trumps travel ban and go visit Chinatown. You probably thought Deblasio’s defiance of Trump by encouraging New Yorkers to just go about your day was genius. Two of the largest cities ignored Trump and now hundreds of thousands will die! Great leadership I tell ya. Do as we say, not as we do!
    Sorry, where did anyone say deaths from H1N1 were ok? All pandemics are tragedies. You didn't see the outrage during the H1N1 crisis because the 44th president took it seriously, made sure his public statments were accurate, and let his experts communicate directly with the American people without interference. Trump did the exact opposite, and now he even admits it. He will have some serious blood on his hands.

Since you didn't provide any proof of your claims about Pelosi and Deblasio, I will assume you are just making sh!t up or twisting the truth as usual. But if they are true I would absolutely not support any public statements that endanger American lives. Can you say the same?

Comment

Sorry, where did anyone say deaths from H1N1 were ok? All pandemics are tragedies. You didn't see the outrage during the H1N1 crisis because the 44th president took it seriously, made sure his public statments were accurate, and let his experts communicate directly with the American people without interference. Trump did the exact opposite, and now he even admits it. He will have some serious blood on his hands.

Since you didn't provide any proof of your claims about Pelosi and Deblasio, I will assume you are just making sh!t up or twisting the truth as usual. But if they are true I would absolutely not support any public statements that endanger American lives. Can you say the same?
      I am not interested in bashing trump. he's made mistakes, no doubt, and some big ones. but so has nearly every nation. there is no playbook to follow. this is all new.

but i do not like the "I give myself an A+" approach. we need to learn from this moment. so that next time we are better prepared. next time it may be even worse, who knows? there are lots of lessons to be learned. someone who thinks they performed A+ does not change or learn because they do not need to.

Comment

Look at you. You’re so precious! Yeah Obama took it seriously. We’ve been down this road. H1N1 spread like wildfire. 61,000,000 infected. No travel bans, no school closures, no government lockdowns, no testing sites, no massive public/private partnership to procure emergency equipment and supplies, no military action, and on and on. He stood up and read his “serious” prepared teleprompter speeches and did nothing while millions were infected and 13,000 died. He just talked the talk. You and I know it. No outrage? Gee wonder why? Who controls the narrative? Yep, the liberal media which is why you never heard of Pelosi and Deblasio’s moronic actions in response to Trumps travel bans. That’s what happens when you immerse yourself in opinion news. You become an uneducated robot programmed to regurgitate liberal BS.

Trump has been working his ass off which is why his poll numbers are up. There’s empty talk and then there’s action. I see you, Obama. Yet he is supposed to manage this crisis when liberal leaders are telling the public to ignore the president and go about your social gatherings. Really? Never once have you condemned that. Why? Because your opinion news doesn’t want that out. Just like how they have buried the Joey “Stinky Fingers” sexual assault allegations. Hmm, why is that I wonder. Now Deblasio has blood on his hands...by the thousands. Great job you liberal idiot. You should know better than anybody I don’t make stuff up. Here you go, dumbass.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-ban?_amp=true

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-...oronavirus.amp

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news...out-your-li/we

Comment

- H1N1didn't have nearly the same mortality rate (.2%) or # of hospitalizations that are currently crushing hospitals in the earlier hot spot areas.

- H1N1 didn't have the long periods of exposure to symptoms like Covid does. Covid also has a high rate of asymptomatic carriers ( anew study no says it may be as high as 20%). That makes tracking and stopping Covid so much more challenging

- Many people had some immunity from prior flu exposures and immunizations over their lifetime. None of that exists with Covid.

- Anti virals like Tamiflu can help reduce flu complications. We haven't found clear cut treatments that work yet.

- It took a year for H1N1 to reach 61M infected and and incremental 13,000 dead. We're past 4,000 already, five weeks from Mr. It's Practically Zero.

Comment

- H1N1didn't have nearly the same mortality rate (.2%) or # of hospitalizations that are currently crushing hospitals in the earlier hot spot areas.

- H1N1 didn't have the long periods of exposure to symptoms like Covid does. Covid also has a high rate of asymptomatic carriers ( anew study no says it may be as high as 20%). That makes tracking and stopping Covid so much more challenging

- Many people had some immunity from prior flu exposures and immunizations over their lifetime. None of that exists with Covid.

- Anti virals like Tamiflu can help reduce flu complications. We haven't found clear cut treatments that work yet.

- It took a year for H1N1 to reach 61M infected and and incremental 13,000 dead. We're past 4,000 already, five weeks from Mr. It's Practically Zero.
            And what did Obama do to stop the spread? What did he do to prevent 13,000 deaths? We established the fact that he talked a “serious” game. How many deaths is too many? Over 10,000 is a bunch yet where were the lockdowns, travel bans, school closings, church closings, non-essential business closing, remote testing sites, military assistance, or anything? 61,000,000 Americans is a shît ton but nothing was done. But Trump is the bad guy. You said it yourself. Trump is dealing with a far deadlier and more contagious disease. Thank God its Trump dealing with this instead of Obama. The CDC recently stated the mortality rate for Covid has been as high as 3.4%. Take 61,000,000 infected with a 3.4% mortality rate and Obama’s lack of action could have resulted in over 2 million dead. We got lucky.

Comment

And what did Obama do to stop the spread?.
              Back to Obama again? We've covered this. Please read slowly so I don't have to explain this for the fifth time.

Obama was smart enough to take the crisis seriously, make sure his public statements were truthful, and let his public health experts communicate directly with the American people. That's what a good leader does.

People know when they're being told the truth and when they're being lied to. Trump keeps getting caught in obvious lies. That's why his approval ratings are declining again after an initial boost from the "rally around the flag" effect. "I haven't heard about testing being a problem". Does he really think people don't see through this kind of childish denial?
              https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...governors-call

Comment

Back to Obama again? We've covered this. Please read slowly so I don't have to explain this for the fifth time.

Obama was smart enough to take the crisis seriously, make sure his public statements were truthful, and let his public health experts communicate directly with the American people. That's what a good leader does.

People know when they're being told the truth and when they're being lied to. Trump keeps getting caught in obvious lies. That's why his approval ratings are declining again after an initial boost from the "rally around the flag" effect. "I haven't heard about testing being a problem". Does he really think people don't see through this kind of childish denial?
                https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...governors-call
                You simply can’t name one measure that Obama took to stop the spread of a virus that infected 61,000,000 Americans and killed 13,000. I know, I know...he was serious! People know the difference between speeches and actions. Some of those people didn’t have to die. Any measure would have helped. Guess your boy has blood on his hand too. We’re lucky Obama isn’t the POTUS with a virus with this mortality rate. That’s for sure!

Comment

You simply can’t name one measure that Obama took to stop the spread of a virus that infected 61,000,000 Americans and killed 13,000. I know, I know...he was serious! People know the difference between speeches and actions. Some of those people didn’t have to die. Any measure would have helped. Guess your boy has blood on his hand too. We’re lucky Obama isn’t the POTUS with a virus with this mortality rate. That’s for sure!
                  cons and their obsession with Obama.

"The agency (CDC) said the first case was reported on April 15, 2009, and the government declared H1N1 a public health emergency on the April 26. The first test to detect the new virus was approved by the FDA two days later. Shipments of the new CDC test began May 1."

Have anything else to say? https://www.npr.org/2020/03/13/81536...-and-swine-flu

Comment

"The agency (CDC) said the first case was reported on April 15, 2009, and the government declared H1N1 a public health emergency on the April 26. The first test to detect the new virus was approved by the FDA two days later. Shipments of the new CDC test began May 1."

Have anything else to say? https://www.npr.org/2020/03/13/81536...-and-swine-flu
                    Yes, what did he do to stop it? Very simple question that’s been asked time and again. What good is testing if you’re not going to act to stop the spread? You don’t wanna talk about It because it doesn’t fit into the Trump bashing narrative but you know it was one of the worse cases of poor leadership in his whole tenure. I get it, it’s hard for you to bash Trump when the perfect template of what not to do is staring back at you.

Comment

Maybe if O-hole stayed off twitter we would forget about him. Nobody cared what he said when he was President. What makes that anti-American D'bag think we want to hear his opinion now??? Since Trump rolled back most of O-holes policies it's like he never existed. Some legacy.

Comment

Maybe if O-hole stayed off twitter we would forget about him. Nobody cared what he said when he was President. What makes that anti-American D'bag think we want to hear his opinion now??? Since Trump rolled back most of O-holes policies it's like he never existed. Some legacy.
                        vs Trump who tweets dozens of times a day when he should be doing his freaking job? Obama didn't use social media to attack people or the GOP. He has been very measured and not outright criticized Trump.

Trump's legacy will be as the worst president in US history, assisted by a complicit Republican party. A period in history when 40% of the voters lost their minds.

Comment

Yes, what did he do to stop it? Very simple question that’s been asked time and again. What good is testing if you’re not going to act to stop the spread? You don’t wanna talk about It because it doesn’t fit into the Trump bashing narrative but you know it was one of the worse cases of poor leadership in his whole tenure. I get it, it’s hard for you to bash Trump when the perfect template of what not to do is staring back at you.
                          Trump did nothing to stop a much more deadly disease despite being warned several weeks ahead of time. Feb 28th he said "our 15 cases will be done to zero soon). We might hit the 5000 dead mark before this day ends.

Comment

I'm not a Trump fan but he seems to be doing all he can. What hasn't he done that you would do? He banned travel early on from China and was called a racist. If you're going to criticize at least have a solution.

Comment

A 2009 flu pandemic plan published by the Department of the Interior also noted that in such an event: “A substantial percentage of the world's population will require some form of medical care,” and that medical facilities would likely be “ overwhelmed, creating a shortage of hospital staff, beds, ventilators and other supplies.”

Similar language was used in a 2009 OSHA report for influenza pandemic preparedness that also referred to instructions from the Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC for estimating the demand for ventilators and other equipment in the event of pandemics of varying scales.

The same year, a report on preparedness for swine flu from the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology warned then-President Barack Obama that “[c]ases requiring mechanical ventilation or intensive care could reach 10 to 25 per 100,000 population, requiring 50 to 100 percent or more of the total ICU capacity available in the United States and placing great stress on a system that normally operates at 80 percent of capacity.”

In 2013, an avian flu outbreak in China led to a report from the National Institutes of Health on the demand for ventilators in the event of a flu pandemic.

“There is a clear challenge to plan and prepare to meet demands for mechanical ventilators for a future severe pandemic,” the report said, estimating that in a “high severity scenario,” the U.S. would need “approximately 35,000 to 60,500 additional ventilators.”

Comment

vs Trump who tweets dozens of times a day when he should be doing his freaking job? Obama didn't use social media to attack people or the GOP. He has been very measured and not outright criticized Trump.

Trump's legacy will be as the worst president in US history, assisted by a complicit Republican party. A period in history when 40% of the voters lost their minds.
                                Sorry but I’m afraid Obama already solidified that distinction.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X