Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That’s true. STA B teams inherited the A team’s Gotsoccer histories when the A teams started fresh as DA teams. That’s why the B teams are in top division, rated on a history that’s not theirs. Usually they don’t do that well in games though as a result of being overmatched.
    STA should just combine PSA national with STA USYS.. The combined team would be considerably stronger, but that would eliminate a lot of income for the owner.

Comment

Huh. Now that you say that you’re right. They didn’t need the points anymore so started a fresh account went they went to DA recently and gifted their points to the B squads. Seems shady. Funny that now overmatched though.

That’s true. STA B teams inherited the A team’s Gotsoccer histories when the A teams started fresh as DA teams. That’s why the B teams are in top division, rated on a history that’s not theirs. Usually they don’t do that well in games though as a result of being overmatched.

Comment

Huh. Now that you say that you’re right. They didn’t need the points anymore so started a fresh account went they went to DA recently and gifted their points to the B squads. Seems shady. Funny that now overmatched though.
        Welcome to the business of youth soccer............Are you not entertained!

Comment

Very true.

STA should just combine PSA national with STA USYS.. The combined team would be considerably stronger, but that would eliminate a lot of income for the owner.

Comment

Very true.
            He is fine. JN clean house with PPP and tuition from parents.

Comment

He is fine. JN clean house with PPP and tuition from parents.
              $$$$$$$$!

Comment

They may not stay in the top division. There are a bunch of good teams joining the EDP next season and some of the lower teams may end up in the 2nd division.

Comment

EDP league fees and tourney fees supposedly were credited at 85%. The clubs had all spring fees collected at the latest by March for the current season. Many clubs asked for deposits and next years fees already. What exactly was the hardship for the clubs? Poor cash flow management? Most field rentals will not have been paid. They may have smaller fixed costs liked insurance and rent but labor is the main cost.

Clubs can't have it both ways. They are out virtually no revenue, they have all your money and on top of that they have next year's money and a loan that will turn into a grant. So they are PROFITING off the pandemic. They will get 8 weeks of salary for coaches which has already been paid for by us it will turn into a grant and straight into the owner's pocket. The club owner can collect an additional 8,666(prorated of 100k) per club he/she lists themselves as owner on. And then the owner gets an additional 25% for his other costs such as rent or utilities paid for by good ole Uncle Sam. The owner is whole as they have spring 2020 fees and 2020 fall fees now. Some clubs are running summer trainings and saying that is your spring season. A couple games, reduced practices and one tournament vs 8-10 games, 3x week practice and 2-3 tourneys and then giving a tiny credit to be used in spring of next year. If anything it shows these clubs are money making machines and will take advantage of any opportunity to make money. Development very funny...and then the poor coaches who are the face of the sham have to go out and try to appease parents.

Ticketmaster didn't show me a virtual concert of Billy Joel and tell me they will credit me 10% of my tickets for a January show but I need to purchase new ones lol. They said you can keep your tickets for Jan or get a FULL refund.

Your doctor didn't cancel your appointment and then ask you to pay for it and submit it to insurance and then ask you to pay for the makeup appointment. Because that would be fraud lol.

Parents will all deal with it and it sucks but don't try to justify it with zoom or we are CLUB strong or ONE team One family or whatever nonsense slogan they feed us. Players first....hahhahahah

Comment

When is Billy Joel concert?

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I don’t know or care about points , but the A team didn’t necessarily become the DA TEAM. those were whole new teams made up of some former A Players and many new players. In effect it became the new A team. The former A became B, the B became C. So STA added a whole new revenue stream with this new level. I don’t see why the old A/now B wouldn’t have kept their points.

Comment

Lol. So shady.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I don’t know or care about points , but the A team didn’t necessarily become the DA TEAM. those were whole new teams made up of some former A Players and many new players. In effect it became the new A team. The former A became B, the B became C. So STA added a whole new revenue stream with this new level. I don’t see why the old A/now B wouldn’t have kept their points.

Comment

Lol. So shady.
                          All clubs take advantage of this loophole You just need a certain number of players to remain on the new team in order to keep the Got Soccer points. Once you reach that number, the team is treated as the same team as last year. I assume they met the criteria and kept the points. This allowed them to participate in the top division. I.e it appears that STA old A team won the State cup and beat NJ Real by doing so in the finals. Got soccer treats the new team that inherited the points as the team that won the state cup.

Comment

Huh. I actually don’t think gotsoccer tracks that though. The A team just started new account with same players. B team just started using old account. Crazy. It doesn’t matter really, just funny. Lol. And sad, kinda.

All clubs take advantage of this loophole You just need a certain number of players to remain on the new team in order to keep the Got Soccer points. Once you reach that number, the team is treated as the same team as last year. I assume they met the criteria and kept the points. This allowed them to participate in the top division. I.e it appears that STA old A team won the State cup and beat NJ Real by doing so in the finals. Got soccer treats the new team that inherited the points as the team that won the state cup.

Comment

No that’s accurate, STA has the only B team to ever win the state cup

Comment

Huh. I actually don’t think gotsoccer tracks that though. The A team just started new account with same players. B team just started using old account. Crazy. It doesn’t matter really, just funny. Lol. And sad, kinda.
                                No GotSoccer doesn't track the individual players and see how many of them stay in the team to retaining the points. All it takes is changing the name of the team when bringing players to another club, and the current club's president/lead to approve.

You might wonder why the current club would approve. Well, with so many communications going on and it is likely the guy just click approve without paying attention.

This happened to my daughter's team. The new team got to keep all the points.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X