Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you idiots think would happen

Way to go LIbtards. All your ill-fated, knee jerk, emotional snowflake "defund the police" BS has really paid off. Shooting and murders are out of control in our largest liberal run cities. Not only are the citizens outraged but the mayors and governors are pleading for help. The only positive to all this is America gets a front row seated for this liberal shiit show. Voters are getting fed up!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-g...anta-shootings

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp declared a state of emergency Monday following an uptick in shootings over the July Fourth weekend that injured 31 people and killed five after weeks of violent crime and property destruction in Atlanta.

The move authorizes the activation of 1,000 National Guard troops to “protect state property and patrol our streets”.

"Peaceful protests were hijacked by criminals with a dangerous, destructive agenda. Now, innocent Georgians are being targeted, shot, and left for dead," Kemp, a Republican, said in a statement. "This lawlessness must be stopped and order restored in our capital city. I have declared a State of Emergency and called up the Georgia Guard because the safety of our citizens comes first.

In an emotional press conference, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms excoriated the shooting suspects.

“You shot and killed a baby,” she said. “And there wasn’t just one shooter, there were at least two shooters.”

Other cities are also grappling with a wave of gun violence over the long weekend. At least six children were killed in a series of shooting incidents in New York City that saw eight people killed and 44 shot.

In Chicago, where gun violence has led to record-levels of shootings in recent years, more than 67 people were shot over the weekend and at least 13 were killed.

Comment

Even employees of the NYT think they are short-sided and narrow-minded. Libtards live in their tiny bubble only listening to small voices while complementing each other as being totally awesome. “You’re awesome, no you’re awesome!”

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

Showing up for work as a centrist at an American newspaper should not require bravery.

The paper’s failure to anticipate the outcome of the 2016 election meant that it didn’t have a firm grasp of the country it covers.

But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned. Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions.

I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.

As places like The Times and other once-great journalistic institutions betray their standards and lose sight of their principles, Americans still hunger for news that is accurate, opinions that are vital, and debate that is sincere. I hear from these people every day. “An independent press is not a liberal ideal or a progressive ideal or a democratic ideal. It’s an American ideal,” you said a few years ago. I couldn’t agree more. America is a great country that deserves a great newspaper.

Part of me wishes I could say that my experience was unique. But the truth is that intellectual curiosity—let alone risk-taking—is now a liability at The Times. Why edit something challenging to our readers, or write something bold only to go through the numbing process of making it ideologically kosher, when we can assure ourselves of job security (and clicks) by publishing our 4000th op-ed arguing that Donald Trump is a unique danger to the country and the world? And so self-censorship has become the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Even employees of the NYT think they are short-sided and narrow-minded. Libtards live in their tiny bubble only listening to small voices while complementing each other as being totally awesome. “You’re awesome, no you’re awesome!”

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

Showing up for work as a centrist at an American newspaper should not require bravery.

The paper’s failure to anticipate the outcome of the 2016 election meant that it didn’t have a firm grasp of the country it covers.

But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned. Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions.

I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.

As places like The Times and other once-great journalistic institutions betray their standards and lose sight of their principles, Americans still hunger for news that is accurate, opinions that are vital, and debate that is sincere. I hear from these people every day. “An independent press is not a liberal ideal or a progressive ideal or a democratic ideal. It’s an American ideal,” you said a few years ago. I couldn’t agree more. America is a great country that deserves a great newspaper.

Part of me wishes I could say that my experience was unique. But the truth is that intellectual curiosity—let alone risk-taking—is now a liability at The Times. Why edit something challenging to our readers, or write something bold only to go through the numbing process of making it ideologically kosher, when we can assure ourselves of job security (and clicks) by publishing our 4000th op-ed arguing that Donald Trump is a unique danger to the country and the world? And so self-censorship has become the norm.
        No breitbart link so I started to read your post, but you lost me at "short-sided".

Comment

No breitbart link so I started to read your post, but you lost me at "short-sided".
          What did you expect, the material is higher than 3rd grade level. Surprised you made it that long.

Comment

What did you expect, the material is higher than 3rd grade level. Surprised you made it that long.
            My third grader knows the difference between "short-sided" and "short-sighted". You should have a child proofread your posts.

Why don't you just employ your usual lazy habit of copy/pasting the entire text directly from the breitbart piece? Then I can safely ignore it, and you can avoid overloading those last two brain cells by trying to come up with a coherent thought on your own.

Comment

This is a perfect example of what an ignorant, hateful Libtard looks like. Everybody is a White Supremacist now including Belgium Priests who gave their lives helping the inflicted across the world. This lunacy will be the downfall of the Democratic Party.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/aoc-co...macist-culture

AOC condemns Hawaii's statue of Catholic saint as example of 'white supremacist culture'. AOC calls the statue in the US Capitol building of Father Damien [of Molokai], a canonized saint in the Catholic Church, a part of 'white supremacist culture.' Father Damien died of leprosy after spending his life serving others who had the disease."

St. Damien of Molokai reached Honolulu in 1864 and was ordained a priest the same year. Moved by the miserable condition of the lepers whom the Hawaiian government had deported to Kalaupapa on the island of Molokai, he volunteered to take charge of the settlement.

Damien, known for his compassion, provided spiritual, physical, and emotional comfort to those suffering from the debilitating and incurable disease. He served as both pastor and physician to the colony and undertook many projects to better the conditions there. He improved water and food supplies and housing and founded two orphanages, receiving help from other priests for only 6 of his 16 years on Molokai. In 1884 he contracted leprosy and refused to leave for treatment. He was originally buried at the colony, as he requested, but his remains were transferred to Leuven in 1936. His right hand was returned to his original grave in 1995.

Comment

You do realize white folk brought diseases that killed the locals and took over Hawaii right?

Comment

You do realize white folk brought diseases that killed the locals and took over Hawaii right?
                  You do realize they also spread education throughout the world. Father Damien didn’t bring the disease, he gave his life caring for the people who did. But that equates to White Supremacy. Oh, the minds of the Libtards.

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN2360SZ

Biden staff donate to group that pays bail in riot-torn Minneapolis.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Campaign staff for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden are advertising their donations to a group that pays bail fees in Minneapolis after the city’s police jailed people protesting the killing of a black man by a white police officer.

At least 13 Biden campaign staff members posted on Twitter on Friday and Saturday that they made donations to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which opposes the practice of cash bail, or making people pay to avoid pre-trial imprisonment. The group uses donations to pay bail fees in Minneapolis.

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN2360SZ

Biden staff donate to group that pays bail in riot-torn Minneapolis.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Campaign staff for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden are advertising their donations to a group that pays bail fees in Minneapolis after the city’s police jailed people protesting the killing of a black man by a white police officer.

At least 13 Biden campaign staff members posted on Twitter on Friday and Saturday that they made donations to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which opposes the practice of cash bail, or making people pay to avoid pre-trial imprisonment. The group uses donations to pay bail fees in Minneapolis.
                      ^^^ At least this moron isn't trying to claim this is evidence that Biden wants to defund the police, like he did when he pointed to this two-month old story two months ago.

I guess the pro-trump propagandists have to dig up old material to distract from the mounting COVID body count and trump's plummeting poll results.

Comment

^^^ At least this moron isn't trying to claim this is evidence that Biden wants to defund the police, like he did when he pointed to this two-month old story two months ago.

I guess the pro-trump propagandists have to dig up old material to distract from the mounting COVID body count and trump's plummeting poll results.
                        The Biden team needs these criminals back in the streets causing chaos. Just goes to show who Biden has surrounded himself with. Well played, Joe!

Comment

Just goes to show who Biden has surrounded himself with.
                          Only the "best people"
                          https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018...eelection.html
                          https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...anafort-2018-8
                          https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=68358219
                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...esident-trump/

Comment

Well, well, we’ll...look who’s all about the whataboutisms now. 😂. Too funny. Oh, the hypocrisy!

Comment

Bad look for trumptards

A man went on a curse-laden rant, saying he’s a white supremacist, and talking about President Donald Trump. Things escalate very quickly as he slapped a woman in the face, and apparently followed up with a punch. Bystanders intervened, however, and took him down:
                              https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/im-a-w...-choked-video/

Comment

A man went on a curse-laden rant, saying he’s a white supremacist, and talking about President Donald Trump. Things escalate very quickly as he slapped a woman in the face, and apparently followed up with a punch. Bystanders intervened, however, and took him down:
                                https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/im-a-w...-choked-video/
                                One of trump's "very fine people"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X