Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon vs. Oregon State Spring Match

My kids and I popped into the spring soccer match yesterday after the UO baseball game. It was our first time to Pape' Field and our first college soccer match. My oldest daughter has only been playing soccer for a couple of years so we don't have lots of soccer experience but what a great experience this event was for our family and, to top it off, the weather was perfect. I couldn't believe the speed of the game and how physical these young women were. For those of you who haven't been to Pape' Field make a point of taking your kids there this fall as it was a great place to watch soccer. As far as the game, while it ended in a 0-0 draw, Oregon clearly had the upper hand on both sides of the pitch. They missed a couple of goals off the top bar and side post and their defense shut down most all of the Beaver's attacks. Our family is definitely looking forward to more of the same fun this fall.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kids and I popped into the spring soccer match yesterday after the UO baseball game. It was our first time to Pape' Field and our first college soccer match. My oldest daughter has only been playing soccer for a couple of years so we don't have lots of soccer experience but what a great experience this event was for our family and, to top it off, the weather was perfect. I couldn't believe the speed of the game and how physical these young women were. For those of you who haven't been to Pape' Field make a point of taking your kids there this fall as it was a great place to watch soccer. As far as the game, while it ended in a 0-0 draw, Oregon clearly had the upper hand on both sides of the pitch. They missed a couple of goals off the top bar and side post and their defense shut down most all of the Beaver's attacks. Our family is definitely looking forward to more of the same fun this fall.
    Thanks for sharing!!! Nice.

Comment

Consider OSU

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sounds fun! OSU is 80 minutes from Beaverton and they don't charge admission. Field is state of the art grass, but grandstands are bleacher type. Spring games are fun to watch but usually neither side is at full strength. The games at UO/OSU, if at home, are usually Friday night and then again midday Sunday.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X