Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Facilities, bar, restaurant, toilets, all get used without a waiver. We spectate without a waiver. Two kids playing on a field but not in an organized league is similar.

The waiver doesn't cover gross negligence on the part of OW. Either the field is safe for soccer or it isn't. Two kids playing 1v1 are not testing liability issues, only gross negligence ones, if they exist.
    Please stop. No waiver covers " gross negligence " , unless it can be shown that the injured party by action or deed, contributed to the injury.

Premise Law covers Bars , Restaurants and their facilities for the patrons. Children aren't playing games there are they ? If they are actively involved in an activity that is part of the facilities business model, it is sound practice to have participants sign a waiver of liability. This may hold true for a dance studio , a martial arts studio , gymnastics, etc.

Perhaps you would like to do some research. Start with the 9 year old child killed in NYC last year, who ran out on the indoor field prior to the game, jumped up on the net , grabbed the top rail, and it toppled over and killed him.

Comment

they made me sign a waiver before I told them I wanted to see how many hot dogs I can fit in my mouth at one time. HORRIBLE PR OW!!!!

Comment

Its an insurance issue everywhere. My kids have been talked to at OW, FSA and CFC for kicking a ball to each other just on the sides while their siblings are playing a game.
        They yell because kids are kicking balls off people and walls that they should not be doing on the sideline ..... Kids are always playing on the boarded field unsupervised at FSA when it is open ... no one cares.

Comment

Perhaps you would like to do some research. Start with the 9 year old child killed in NYC last year, who ran out on the indoor field prior to the game, jumped up on the net , grabbed the top rail, and it toppled over and killed him.
          That's gross negligence. Waiver won't protect you from not securing your goals.

Comment

They yell because kids are kicking balls off people and walls that they should not be doing on the sideline ..... Kids are always playing on the boarded field unsupervised at FSA when it is open ... no one cares.
            Right. Kids in question not in a league playing 1v1 together on a field built for playing soccer on. Empty field. No liability waiver needed.

Comment

they made me sign a waiver before I told them I wanted to see how many hot dogs I can fit in my mouth at one time. HORRIBLE PR OW!!!!
              Uuum, those weren't hotdogs. Clue: they had veins.

Comment

Well, to be fair to OW, CFC is stacked with popup premier teams. CFC's teams are often little more than expensive town rec. So, it's easier for other popups and town travel teams to compete in that tournament than it is to compete in OW's.
                I think the OP was talking about the tournament CFC is hosting on Sunday and Monday. The thing is packed teams from all over the region.

OW should take notes.

Comment

Yes because PDA, South Shore, and Albertson are all pop up teams. Get a clue and have fun with your intrasquad scrimmages

Comment

I think the OP was talking about the tournament CFC is hosting on Sunday and Monday. The thing is packed teams from all over the region.

OW should take notes.
                    So what you are saying is those poor kids at Oakwood will now get to play for a few hours rather than not play. Hmmmm doesn’t sound so bad???

Comment

Oakwood treats it as training, not a “tournament”. You Got-Soccer influenced people need to get your heads out of the sand. More Oakwood training equals better players.

Comment

Oakwood treats it as training, not a “tournament”. You Got-Soccer influenced people need to get your heads out of the sand. More Oakwood training equals better players.
                        So, let me see if I understand you. You believe that playing in the Oakwood indoor tournament will be good training for Oakwood players that will measurably improve them.

If that is true, then I believe you are an idiot.

Comment

Oakwood indoor winter

More reason for true talent to come to sporting

Comment

been there done that and we left. OW does'nt treat it as either. no coaching being done during games, coaches sit on the side lines and either joke with each other or they are on their phones. most coaches could'nt be bothered with it.

its pretty much free for all, players set their positions and sub themselves.

Comment

You forgot to mention the college coaches that are there

Comment

awesome. zero revenue. great training. Tony the tiger is happy

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X