Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The best coaches will never be named here, because this site is predominantly ran by parents from CFC, FSA, OW, BS and a few of the other more "popular" clubs.

A long list of coaching credentials does not make you the best, this is clearly evident by some of those names dropped in this list. Many of those coaches lost their passion years ago and simply show up for the paycheck now. Or they were once good when it was only soccer dads as their competition.
    My kid plays on one of the big 3. She's had some good coaches. But she's gotten the most out of working with a young coach from a different program with a much more diverse background than any of the coaches at her club. He constantly pushes her to play without fear, be creative, push the envelope. These are things I don't really see at the big clubs. Too bad.

Comment

My kid plays on one of the big 3. She's had some good coaches. But she's gotten the most out of working with a young coach from a different program with a much more diverse background than any of the coaches at her club. He constantly pushes her to play without fear, be creative, push the envelope. These are things I don't really see at the big clubs. Too bad.
      Its because he is getting a paycheck not based on wins. She practices for this coach at his clinic i bet ..... no games, just scrimmaging and technical drills. She will keep coming back because he and his club are not 3-8 vs the Big 3 clubs over the past year or so .... we all know that wins are the true measure of quality soccer or not, right? ;)

Comment

I've had four kids play at different premier clubs, and each of the clubs had good, mediocre and bad (no shocker there). But the three that stand out are Dave Ferrell at OW, Goran Vasic at Sporting and Everson Maciel from BrazilCt (my kids haven't played for his premier club, but have done a lot summer and futsal training with him).

The thing that stands out about those three coaches is that they are technically very good, very positive, have a good relationship with the kids and the parents, and are funny. The kids love playing for these coaches and work very hard.

My kids improved tremendously with them and still talk about their experiences with them.

I am sure there are other great coaches out there, but those really stand out to me.

Comment

I agree not sure about Dave t ow but goran at sporting and everson are outstanding . There's a few at sporting now that are great

Comment

I've had four kids play at different premier clubs, and each of the clubs had good, mediocre and bad (no shocker there). But the three that stand out are Dave Ferrell at OW, Goran Vasic at Sporting and Everson Maciel from BrazilCt (my kids haven't played for his premier club, but have done a lot summer and futsal training with him).

The thing that stands out about those three coaches is that they are technically very good, very positive, have a good relationship with the kids and the parents, and are funny. The kids love playing for these coaches and work very hard.

My kids improved tremendously with them and still talk about their experiences with them.

I am sure there are other great coaches out there, but those really stand out to me.
            I would put T Butler at Southeast and R Topalli at Rush in that category.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X