Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Seeeeeee that's the problem with you piss arse f*gs , you look at the end game of soccer and conclude a kids life as being destroyed if hes not making millions playing in Europe.

Tyler Turner is a good kid that took a chance to become Pro , make up your mind on which way its suppose to be ....take the college offer or take a chance in life because its your passion to play pro and for the good of the sport.
    Its really hard to make the decision on going Pro so i give him and his parents much love on that. The kid is not doing Drugs , abusing girls or robbing banks as the last i heard so whats the problem with his decision no matter how it turned out.
    Your quote.."Look at Tyler from SCP. Passed up college for a MLS option and look at him now.
    Another poster quote
    " I heard Tyler Turner was playing in an indoor tournament at CFC Arena last week.

He seems to have really made it.

Go get a college education and prepare for the real world"

F all of you guys with this BS, now you see why American kids dont have half a chance to get to the next level...too much negativeness, going to college doesn't guarantee anything, Do you know how many College kids was killed this Holiday season for driving DWI and how many ODs for using Opiods. Success comes in many forms or paths, the kid could become an executive for the Orlando team , it happens all the time hes been a loyal person to the Org , if that happens then what will you say ...'it was a good move" was Pulisic's move good because hes at Dortmund? if he wasn't playing then it was bad but how would he or us know. ....so stop criticizing.
    Or he could play with Galaxy II with a fifteen year old

Comment

Point is exactly that. Go to college. Get a degree and if u want play to after your college is fully paid for

Comment

Point is exactly that. Go to college. Get a degree and if u want play to after your college is fully paid for
        While as a parent/adult that is what I would recommend for just about anyone, as a fan of the sport I know that is not going to help US soccer. While our 18--22 year olds are playing amped up HS ball in college, the rest of the world is training and playing on pro teams. Elsewhere soccer is the career, and even those wanting to go to university post-soccer they know it won't cost $200,000+ to do so. If scholarships could be guaranteed by clubs I think more top US players would be willing to pursue a professional career, or at least try. It would be better for our NT development as well.

Comment

Seeeeeee that's the problem with you piss arse f*gs , you look at the end game of soccer and conclude a kids life as being destroyed if hes not making millions playing in Europe.

Tyler Turner is a good kid that took a chance to become Pro , make up your mind on which way its suppose to be ....take the college offer or take a chance in life because its your passion to play pro and for the good of the sport.
          Its really hard to make the decision on going Pro so i give him and his parents much love on that. The kid is not doing Drugs , abusing girls or robbing banks as the last i heard so whats the problem with his decision no matter how it turned out.
          Your quote.."Look at Tyler from SCP. Passed up college for a MLS option and look at him now.
          Another poster quote
          " I heard Tyler Turner was playing in an indoor tournament at CFC Arena last week.

F all of you guys with this BS, now you see why American kids dont have half a chance to get to the next level...too much negativeness, going to college doesn't guarantee anything, Do you know how many College kids was killed this Holiday season for driving DWI and how many ODs for using Opiods. Success comes in many forms or paths, the kid could become an executive for the Orlando team , it happens all the time hes been a loyal person to the Org , if that happens then what will you say ...'it was a good move" was Pulisic's move good because hes at Dortmund? if he wasn't playing then it was bad but how would he or us know. ....so stop criticizing.
          I hear you. There’s many College Grads driving NYC yellow cabs . If you don’t believe me , have a simple conversation with them the next time you’re in the city. College Degrees don’t guarantee anything but does help.

Comment

Another poster quote

Exactly. Well said.

Comment

Another poster quote

The problem is that soccer has not arrived in the US yet. If you get a $5M signing bonus to turn pro, do it. If you get $15k, go to school!! Let the clubs take the risks, not the players and their families. He gave up $280k of tuition and fees and the ability to travel a little, play in college and get a degree for far less in wages of the vast American, pro soccer leagues. The bottom line is that he could still go pro after going to college if he was good enough, but he can not go back to college now after going pro. Furthermore, if he really was a stud at 16 or 17, he would have been given a stronger offer, perhaps from a European club. I have the same reservations for pro sports in football, basketball, baseball, hockey ....... with the exception of the Pulisics and Morrises, any parent that tells their kids to forego a great offer to go to a great school for free to chase a pro career is an absolute fool no matter which sport their kid plays.

Comment

The problem is that soccer has not arrived in the US yet. If you get a $5M signing bonus to turn pro, do it. If you get $15k, go to school!! Let the clubs take the risks, not the players and their families. He gave up $280k of tuition and fees and the ability to travel a little, play in college and get a degree for far less in wages of the vast American, pro soccer leagues. The bottom line is that he could still go pro after going to college if he was good enough, but he can not go back to college now after going pro. Furthermore, if he really was a stud at 16 or 17, he would have been given a stronger offer, perhaps from a European club. I have the same reservations for pro sports in football, basketball, baseball, hockey ....... with the exception of the Pulisics and Morrises, any parent that tells their kids to forego a great offer to go to a great school for free to chase a pro career is an absolute fool no matter which sport their kid plays.
                So few US players could ever make a successful overseas career it isn't even funny, sad really. MLS is a more realistic career path but one that doesn't pay nearly as well for most rookies. Unless a rookie lives at home and banks his salary he won't have much left to pay for college after a career, unless he makes it far in the pros.

Comment

Again another fool on TS. Did you not read my first post?

Why are we concluding soccer success based on a million $$$ contract.
                  Is it possible some kids don’t want a college education. There’s Police Officers that didn’t pursue their college degree and not want to be stuck behind some desk like a slub.
                  I know guys that dropped out of college and opened a string of restaurants making $$$$ , others that dropped outta HS and got an Electrician’s license with a trade school degree now making a million dollars a year.

Did you ever get into thinking that Tyler just wants to play soccer as his passion in life. Why live if you don’t pursue your dreams.
                  Do you love your job ? And if so would you do it for half the pay if it still took care of your expenses? If it does then you’re in the right place but if not then consider another career because it’ll only get worse.

Donald Trumps quote “ make sure you love what you do for a living and love it enough you’d do it even if there was no monetary reward “

Comment

Is it possible some kids don’t want a college education. There’s Police Officers that didn’t pursue their college degree and not want to be stuck behind some desk like a slub.
                    I know guys that dropped out of college and opened a string of restaurants making $$$$ , others that dropped outta HS and got an Electrician’s license with a trade school degree now making a million dollars a year.

Did you ever get into thinking that Tyler just wants to play soccer as his passion in life. Why live if you don’t pursue your dreams.
                    Do you love your job ? And if so would you do it for half the pay if it still took care of your expenses? If it does then you’re in the right place but if not then consider another career because it’ll only get worse.

Donald Trumps quote “ make sure you love what you do for a living and love it enough you’d do it even if there was no monetary reward “
                    The problem for most of us is that we can't make enough money doing the stuff we love to do. I love golfing, but that sport only costs me a fortune to play (let along being able to afford even a modest apartment or a nice house). Sorry, I just don't agree chasing a pipe dream when you have a better offer in hand and can still play in college. Do you think he would not have found playing at a top 50 D1 school challenging? I would guarantee you he wouldn't be the best player on the field every game .... maybe not even on his own team! He could have played (doing what he wanted), got something tangible out of it (a degree), and then still have a chance to go pro. While it might not be an easy path, he would have something to fall back on. If you have personal information that he has another career aspiration (beside being a pro soccer player) that does not require college, then spit it out. Most cops (if not all) are college grads btw. My kid wants to be a pro too (in soccer, football, basketball, and baseball) ...... when he has to make the decision, we will coach him to take the best offer for his immediate and long-term future. A one-time $25k signing bonus will not stack up favorably to a $200k offer to a good school to get a degree that has a decent career attached to it (soccer or otherwise).

Comment

Imagine if we required that all police officers be educated with a four-year college education.

Comment

I concur.
                        Half the TS posters are as you say “ Slubs “ stuck in a job they hate. The day starts at 5 am to get the 6:13 Metro North to NYC, returning home at 8pm knocking down a few shots of JW before bedtime and then it’s ( wash rinse and repeat) they work their arse off as the Wife and kids drive that Shiny new Benz around Westport ...shopping and eating at the most Elite locations. Meanwhile Dads in some funky office in Midtown sometimes stopping by fast food stands to eat the road kill of the day. I see these Moms around town dressed up all hoti looking with their revealing cleavage, but always being pleasant, chit chatting all kinds of bull with a look and a need to get F**ked real hard.

What an F ing life for those degenerates posting here. Maybe for Tyler things couldn’t be better .
                        A young good looking 22 yr old with many girls to enjoy in a Vacation state playing the sport he loves, he does get a decent salary and I’m sure many promotion benefits but more importantly Turner like most has the ability to do his studies on the side, online or private tutor. Even a community college can earn the first part of his degree it’s not like he has no time.

Personally I think he’s got a great life enjoying what he does. I’m sure each time he comes back to this state visiting family he sees why he had to get out.

Comment

so many wise after the event haters who assume that a degree ( in anything btw) = success. People who think that aspiring to their version of middle class conformism is success becasue THEY did not have the talent to do anything else.

As far as DA/ GDA what con stitutes success? On has been going a while the other one year. How can you possibly have one thread covering both? One is for boys - a tonally different proposition that the other.

This thinking that starts with - the USWNT are the best in the world so noting is broken - is asinine and simplistic. there is plenty wrong, but when you start a 100 yd dash 60 yds ahead, its pretty hard to lose. The WNT have still managed to squander most of that advantage because just like the boys - our systems are not designed to develop excellent soccer players. The common thread that seems to join all our best prospects is not who or where they trained as kids, but the environment their parents and families created around them. In short, they were immersed in the soccer culture at home.

The US is going to have a very hard time ever truly compensating for this given the size of the country and the relative place the game holds. no DA is going to change that

Comment

Facts
                            (1) A college degree is not a requirement to be a police officer , a High School Diploma is a mandatory requirement for sure,but more and more departments do “want” at least one year or an associate degree from an institution but again it’s NOT required.
                            A HS graduate with NO college degree but some type of Military is preferred by many departments.

(2) research has proven that departments having only college grads as recruits were more disconnected from the needs of the people and neighborhoods they patrolled. It was shown that those college educated officers under performed duties endangering themselves. Most also had issues with veteran police officers and their leader ship to accept orders from their supervisors.

(3) I’m familiar with sports players like Turners case and many do their studies outside of the sport they play. Some clubs team up with Institutes in helping their players get a degree and some paying the players fee. It’s a win win for both but more a win for the professional club as it attracts players and their parents to feel at ease.

Comment

so many wise after the event haters who assume that a degree ( in anything btw) = success. People who think that aspiring to their version of middle class conformism is success becasue THEY did not have the talent to do anything else.

As far as DA/ GDA what con stitutes success? On has been going a while the other one year. How can you possibly have one thread covering both? One is for boys - a tonally different proposition that the other.

This thinking that starts with - the USWNT are the best in the world so noting is broken - is asinine and simplistic. there is plenty wrong, but when you start a 100 yd dash 60 yds ahead, its pretty hard to lose. The WNT have still managed to squander most of that advantage because just like the boys - our systems are not designed to develop excellent soccer players. The common thread that seems to join all our best prospects is not who or where they trained as kids, but the environment their parents and families created around them. In short, they were immersed in the soccer culture at home.

The US is going to have a very hard time ever truly compensating for this given the size of the country and the relative place the game holds. no DA is going to change that
                              The concern is that the lack of success on the men's side - not even success but not even much movement - doesn't portend well for the women's side.

Comment

The concern is that the lack of success on the men's side - not even success but not even much movement - doesn't portend well for the women's side.
                                you cannot compare the 2. The fact that the USA failed to qualify for the WC with a team coached by a USSF/MLS guy and led by veterans has led to many talking about the DA. Its more an indictment of the coach and players than anything else.

How are the U-17s doing?

Either way, an open system promotes competition and provides constant feedback. The closed systems we have now just re-inforce the same behaviors and a specific type of player with no reality checks. Look at the USWNT - U20s. we just played 3 g - lets ignore the Finland game. We looked poor vs Eng but managed a 3-3- tie. We were outplayed by Brazil and lost 2-0. Guess what? NO changes for the next camp. The same 19+ 11 additions.

The reason we are failing INCLUDES those in charge. There is no accountability and failures are tolerated. Often they are rewarded with promotion.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X