Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey genius CFC Dad you know CFC has many branches with A,B,C teams per branch and has almost triple the number of players they can pick from to form one united team right? You should be embarrassed if they didn't have better placements.
    Fsa has a, b and c teams. What's their excuse?

When they bought out S+ they claimed Fsa would be #1 in the state in no time because of their coaching and facilities. The wait continues.

Comment

Hey genius CFC Dad you know CFC has many branches with A,B,C teams per branch and has almost triple the number of players they can pick from to form one united team right? You should be embarrassed if they didn't have better placements.
      You get better placements by developing better players.

Comment

Happy New Year from FSA

Hey FSA dad CFC has more Ivy placements and soccer plays a much smaller role in admissions. Same with the militaries. But you knew that right?
        Columbia? Who?

Comment

Here is a perfect example of the respect FSA has from ECNL on girls side.
          The league sets games up vs team they think will be compatible to your t am. FSA is playing teams with a combined 31-53-16 record at U16,17,18. CFC on the other hand will be playing teams with a combined 59-44-18 records at the same U16,17,18.
          FSA better be paying MD a pretty penny for bringing them the ECNL badge. Because they still really stink. Soccerplus was just the same and not money hungry like FSA.

Comment

West Point? Who cares? That is not the place I would be wanting to send my daughter. Soccer is horrible and not best place in the world to send a daughter. What FSA player is at Columbia?

Comment

West Point? Who cares? That is not the place I would be wanting to send my daughter. Soccer is horrible and not best place in the world to send a daughter. What FSA player is at Columbia?
              Not the best place to send my daughter? To an ELITE, Most PRESTIGIOUS Academy that drips with honor, leadership that will lead to a career to handle every situation including a helicopter parent with liberal beliefs that are saying their lil Mia shouldn't get dirty training in the field for weeks, studying for longer hours than they can imagine... all while taking care of their OWN daily requirements. (No Mommy to call home and complain too).
              It builds LEADERS! It's that simple!

Soccer??? It's an Elite Academy... PERIOD!

Hope lil Mia can handle getting yelled at by a coach at her liberal arts school, while leaders are being born at West Point, Annapolis and Air Force Academies... but let's not worry about her future, just her soccer.

Comment

Not the best place to send my daughter? To an ELITE, Most PRESTIGIOUS Academy that drips with honor, leadership that will lead to a career to handle every situation including a helicopter parent with liberal beliefs that are saying their lil Mia shouldn't get dirty training in the field for weeks, studying for longer hours than they can imagine... all while taking care of their OWN daily requirements. (No Mommy to call home and complain too).
                It builds LEADERS! It's that simple!

Soccer??? It's an Elite Academy... PERIOD!

Hope lil Mia can handle getting yelled at by a coach at her liberal arts school, while leaders are being born at West Point, Annapolis and Air Force Academies... but let's not worry about her future, just her soccer.
                Signed - the dark lord Mr B

Comment

Yale, Dartmouth, Columbia, West Point, you can put on the bottom 25 showcase all day long I'll take those placements any day at FSA.
                  None of those schools offer athletic scholarships and all are about being strong academically and well rounded. More likley to get into these schools being a good cello player with great grades and SAT than because of soccer. Point is, you could have saved the $50k you spent in soccer over the past 10 years and paid for one of your kid's 4 years out of pocket (or, for Army, you could have paid for a wedding and down payment on their first home).

Comment

None of those schools offer athletic scholarships and all are about being strong academically and well rounded. More likley to get into these schools being a good cello player with great grades and SAT than because of soccer. Point is, you could have saved the $50k you spent in soccer over the past 10 years and paid for one of your kid's 4 years out of pocket (or, for Army, you could have paid for a wedding and down payment on their first home).
                    False, there are no high schools in the country (including the top prep schools) that will have 10% of their students accepted to an Ivy league school. FSA's ECNL team (and probably CFC's as well) has done that almost every year. That's not a coincidence, that's a clear advantage because of soccer.

Comment

False, there are no high schools in the country (including the top prep schools) that will have 10% of their students accepted to an Ivy league school. FSA's ECNL team (and probably CFC's as well) has done that almost every year. That's not a coincidence, that's a clear advantage because of soccer.
                      Are you suggesting that because 2 kids in the class of 2019 have committed to an Ivy at FSA that they only have 20 kids playing soccer this year over there? Don't they have A, B, an C teams for boys and girls? Sounds to me like there are more than likely more than 120 kids playing soccer at FSA for the class of 2019. I bet there are less graduating in each class at Porters, KO, AOF, Deerfield, Choate, and Loomis and I bet each of those schools has 5-10 ivy-bound kids. My kid's HS (with about 250 kids) had at least 6 last year and that was just a decent public school. Oh yeah, and how many kids did they send to the Ivy league for the classes of 2018, 2017, 2016 ....... Say it two more times and more people will probably believe what you spew but it still does not make it true. If the kids from FSA that are attending the Ivy's had poor grades and SATs but it looks like one goes to KO and the other goes to Hall HS (a very good school in Weha) and her father is a VP at Travelers. Its more likely that if these kids didn't play soccer they would still be excellent students headed to great (Ivy) schools.

Comment

Are you suggesting that because 2 kids in the class of 2019 have committed to an Ivy at FSA that they only have 20 kids playing soccer this year over there? Don't they have A, B, an C teams for boys and girls? Sounds to me like there are more than likely more than 120 kids playing soccer at FSA for the class of 2019. I bet there are less graduating in each class at Porters, KO, AOF, Deerfield, Choate, and Loomis and I bet each of those schools has 5-10 ivy-bound kids. My kid's HS (with about 250 kids) had at least 6 last year and that was just a decent public school. Oh yeah, and how many kids did they send to the Ivy league for the classes of 2018, 2017, 2016 ....... Say it two more times and more people will probably believe what you spew but it still does not make it true. If the kids from FSA that are attending the Ivy's had poor grades and SATs but it looks like one goes to KO and the other goes to Hall HS (a very good school in Weha) and her father is a VP at Travelers. Its more likely that if these kids didn't play soccer they would still be excellent students headed to great (Ivy) schools.
                        Not entirely - Ivy admissions standards are somewhat more flexible for many athletes (within reason) whereas they are not for the more thousands of typical applicants. It can be the difference maker that puts you ahead in line. Yes you still have to be a great student but you don't have to be "perfect" which seems like what is needed these days.

Comment

Yes there is a clear advantage for ECNL kids. Why do you think Yale has 3 CFC ECNL players on their current roster. Because CFC happens to have 3 of the smartest soccer players in the country. Please.

Comment

Signed - the dark lord Mrs. B
                            Almost. Fixed it for you.

Comment

Yes there is a clear advantage for ECNL kids. Why do you think Yale has 3 CFC ECNL players on their current roster. Because CFC happens to have 3 of the smartest soccer players in the country. Please.
                              Good point. ECNL soccer is littered with the most down-trodden families in the country and CFC/FC is full of the dimmest bulbs in the country working manual labor jobs in the board rooms of NYC and lower FC. Certainly lots of underachievers in one of the richest counties in the country! IDIOT-ALERT!!!!!!! CFC is a collection of many very successful families in an exceptionally elite sport (as is FSA). Where would you expect many of these families' kids to attend school? Central, Western Arkansas, ECSU, Iona? Please don't post again until you engage your tiny little pea-brain.

Comment

Good point. ECNL soccer is littered with the most down-trodden families in the country and CFC/FC is full of the dimmest bulbs in the country working manual labor jobs in the board rooms of NYC and lower FC. Certainly lots of underachievers in one of the richest counties in the country! IDIOT-ALERT!!!!!!! CFC is a collection of many very successful families in an exceptionally elite sport (as is FSA). Where would you expect many of these families' kids to attend school? Central, Western Arkansas, ECSU, Iona? Please don't post again until you engage your tiny little pea-brain.
                                PS, I agree extra-curricular activities can help ..... all of them .... not just soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X