Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For a national showcase the referees were absolutely terrible ... was not impressed.
    They hire local refs, so you get what you get. Probably more of an indicator of FL referees than anything else. Holiday week probably didn't help either.

Comment

They hire local refs, so you get what you get. Probably more of an indicator of FL referees than anything else. Holiday week probably didn't help either.
      Supposedly they brought in out of state refs ...

Comment

For a national showcase the referees were absolutely terrible ... was not impressed.
        I have to disagree I thought the refs were good compared to the edp tournament at tuckahoe. I’m just taking a guess here but you’re probably from cfc and got your a—— handed to you so blame the refs

Comment

I have to disagree I thought the refs were good compared to the edp tournament at tuckahoe. I’m just taking a guess here but you’re probably from cfc and got your a—— handed to you so blame the refs
          I’m just taking a guess here but you’re obviously from fsa and that’s why you’re a blowhard dad with a homely wife who can never find a parking spot at home games?

Comment

Their travel to National Training Centers for a week and abroad as well as long travel for a single league game are ridiculous. Add in coaching travel expenses covered by the team as well. Their fees have gone up drastically for all players in last 2 years. It is not cheaper.
            National Training Centers? What are you talking about?

A National Training Center is a 3 hour training session for the top players in an age group from a specific region. The furthest a player has to drive for one of these in the NE region is maybe 3 hours.

You don’t have enough knowledge to contribute to this conversation. Please log off.

Comment

I was not blaming the refs for wins or losses. Just not impressed for a tournament of this supposed caliber.

The refs were overly involved. They blew their whistle ever two minutes like they were getting paid per call. Even advantage for the other teams werent given. In last game Both teams involved said the same thing that refs broke up the flow of the game with their constant stoppage

With All that Travel and expense it shouldn't be about the refs

Comment

After 2 days at FL Showcase:

FSA Boys:
                6wins, 1 loss, 1 draw
                27 Goals For, 8 Goals Against

CFC Boys:
                2wins, 5 losses, 1 draw
                13 Goals For, 22 Goals Against
                I don’t think the above is accurate. Two of the CFC teams went 4-1-1 on the weekend. The other two might have gone 1-2 each. Would mean they went 4-0 on the last day.

Comment

I don’t think the above is accurate. Two of the CFC teams went 4-1-1 on the weekend. The other two might have gone 1-2 each. Would mean they went 4-0 on the last day.
                  This was only through the first two days

Comment

National Training Centers? What are you talking about?

A National Training Center is a 3 hour training session for the top players in an age group from a specific region. The furthest a player has to drive for one of these in the NE region is maybe 3 hours.

You don’t have enough knowledge to contribute to this conversation. Please log off.
                    Sorry, it was their training trip to Portland and Seattle last year and this year's trip to Holland. Please let me know the cost for each player to those two places and who footed the bill. I want to see just how much cheaper OW is. Academy was $1900 this year on top of travel right (and they load it with travel ..... This year ... VA, Montreal, FL, Holland, and wherever playoffs are this year if they have to go there). Seriously ..... this is more affordable soccer for America's downtrodden? Nice job USSF.

Comment

Sorry, it was their training trip to Portland and Seattle last year and this year's trip to Holland. Please let me know the cost for each player to those two places and who footed the bill. I want to see just how much cheaper OW is. Academy was $1900 this year on top of travel right (and they load it with travel ..... This year ... VA, Montreal, FL, Holland, and wherever playoffs are this year if they have to go there). Seriously ..... this is more affordable soccer for America's downtrodden? Nice job USSF.
                      Again, OW has lower FEES. Travel is another story but is an issue for any non MLS player. The NE teams are lucky the area is fairly compact compared to other parts of the country. Doing the Seattle trips or The Netherlands sounds very optional and outside of what most DA teams do. OW parents should push back, but of course they won't because that Koo-aid tastes so good going down

Comment

Again, OW has lower FEES. Travel is another story but is an issue for any non MLS player. The NE teams are lucky the area is fairly compact compared to other parts of the country. Doing the Seattle trips or The Netherlands sounds very optional and outside of what most DA teams do. OW parents should push back, but of course they won't because that Koo-aid tastes so good going down
                        There is no pushback and these are not optional. How much are their 'optional' $600 week-long, camps in the summer at Wesleyan?

Comment

There is no pushback and these are not optional. How much are their 'optional' $600 week-long, camps in the summer at Wesleyan?
                          All of those are truly optional. It's the parents who bow to pressure so I have little sympathy for them. It's not like OW is landing players in top D1 programs with tremendous scholarships. It represents much of what is wrong with soccer today - the paying customer not demanding more for their money and either doing what the clubs say, or bouncing from club to club hoping some coach will "get" their kid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X