Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP vs CCSL

I'm on the Mass/Ct line and have a daughter u9 who enjoys soccer very much and wants extra training with better coaching than her town team can offer. I have two older daughters who both played in the former Maple league. I'm a little behind the times but was hoping I can gain some insight as to which league is better, NEP or CCSL before we decide on a team. Of course that is not the most important deciding factor, we plan on checking in some clubs and coaches which will ultimately be where she feels most comfortable.

She should get in now in the DA at OW, that way she can get replaced at 16 with a player from another club because at OW, we develop our players

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      She should get in now in the DA at OW, that way she can get replaced at 16 with a player from another club because at OW, we develop our players
      I don't understand. I'm looking for a place for her to get some extra training and go from there. She is 9 years old. Thanks.

Comment

I don't understand. I'm looking for a place for her to get some extra training and go from there. She is 9 years old. Thanks.
        Ignore the DB. For her age CCSL is probably best but it means playing teams all over CT. At that age don't do a lot of traveling. Always go for the best coaching and don't get caught up in leagues at this point. Also some clubs run supplemental program's for the ulittles and that might fit what you need

Comment

For U9 and U10, NEP has festival games every other weekend in Lancaster, MA so you still get the same number of games but less traveling. NEP is a much better league than CCSL where you will find better competition. CCSL has only a few teams per age group so you can have a stronger team blowing out a weaker team 10-0 and very likely never play a team with similar abilities. No team promotion/relegation in CCSL whereas NEP has many different brackets.

Comment

I'm on the Mass/Ct line and have a daughter u9 who enjoys soccer very much and wants extra training with better coaching than her town team can offer. I have two older daughters who both played in the former Maple league. I'm a little behind the times but was hoping I can gain some insight as to which league is better, NEP or CCSL before we decide on a team. Of course that is not the most important deciding factor, we plan on checking in some clubs and coaches which will ultimately be where she feels most comfortable.
            Forget about the leagues at U9 and ignore most of the advice above.

Your singular focus at that age should be finding a coach who is excellent at teaching individual skill.

If you want to let us know your town, I'm sure you'll get some reasonable suggestions. Ideally, you will want to find something that is an easy ride from your home. At U9 its all about building a technical soccer foundation. Seeing that we are just starting winter, I'd look into finding a nearby futsal option. Its great for skill development and you'll meet some fellow soccer nuts when she attends

At this age, the games and league are meaningless.

Comment

Forget about the leagues at U9 and ignore most of the advice above.

Your singular focus at that age should be finding a coach who is excellent at teaching individual skill.

If you want to let us know your town, I'm sure you'll get some reasonable suggestions. Ideally, you will want to find something that is an easy ride from your home. At U9 its all about building a technical soccer foundation. Seeing that we are just starting winter, I'd look into finding a nearby futsal option. Its great for skill development and you'll meet some fellow soccer nuts when she attends

At this age, the games and league are meaningless.
              Right, maybe so but maybe the poster wants to find a coach and club to settle into. Why club hop? Are you suggesting start somewhere at u9, then switch? I don't agree with that. Plenty of decent options for ulittles at most clubs. Look at the big picture too, the next few years are just as important and the league does make a difference don't care what anyone says.

Comment

Right, maybe so but maybe the poster wants to find a coach and club to settle into. Why club hop? Are you suggesting start somewhere at u9, then switch? I don't agree with that. Plenty of decent options for ulittles at most clubs. Look at the big picture too, the next few years are just as important and the league does make a difference don't care what anyone says.
                Poster said he's looking for extra training and will see where it goes. No one should settle into anything with club soccer, let alone at 8 years old. While I don't encourage club hopping there are many reasons why moving is warranted. What a player needs or wants at 8 may be different by 12. Also, clubs keep changing in this ever changing landscape. Parents should always survey the landscape annually in the context of what their player needs. I do agree league at that age matters less; it's a gell about quality coaching

Comment

For U9 and U10, NEP has festival games every other weekend in Lancaster, MA so you still get the same number of games but less traveling. NEP is a much better league than CCSL where you will find better competition. CCSL has only a few teams per age group so you can have a stronger team blowing out a weaker team 10-0 and very likely never play a team with similar abilities. No team promotion/relegation in CCSL whereas NEP has many different brackets.
                  We have done CCSL for the past two years. At the younger ages the competition is very good and there are 3 brackets with promotion/relegation in just about every group. The older ages were weak last year, however, with several new clubs it looks to be far more competitive.

Comment

There are great trainers around the state at smaller clubs that may not have access to top competition.

Having been through this with two daughters, I can tell you that the OW's and CFCU's of the world are always looking for talent.

When your kids hit U16 and U17 you'll look back at all of the kids on the "elite" U10 team and be amazed with how it turned out. Getting into a system or top league at 8 or 9 isn't important.

The easy picks at that early ages for the big clubs would be Arsenal if in Southern CT and OW for Hartford County. Like other posters mentioned there are plenty of good coaches at clubs like Ginga, Sporting, Academica, NEU etc that could be great for an 8 year old kid.

Don't buy into the nonsense being put out there by these blowhard U12 parents

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X