Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CASL, ECNL, and etc.

Based on what I depicted from CASL this past weekend, some heavy weight ECNL clubs are strongly investing in DA. For instance I watched some PDA teams and they were shadows of what their top teams used to be. Competitive but not the same. NPL teams beating ECNL more than usual also. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Based on what I depicted from CASL this past weekend, some heavy weight ECNL clubs are strongly investing in DA. For instance I watched some PDA teams and they were shadows of what their top teams used to be. Competitive but not the same. NPL teams beating ECNL more than usual also. Thoughts?
    You are a rocket scientist.

Comment

You are a rocket scientist.
      That's all you have to add? It is concerning how diluted this whole thing .became

Comment

Lol. If you listen to the D3 crowd it ain’t diluted, no way no how.

Comment

What are your thoughts? Always interesting when a posters asks for the thoughts of others when the whole point is that he/she has thoughts he/she is just dying to share, like the poster just above this post.

Comment

What are your thoughts? Always interesting when a posters asks for the thoughts of others when the whole point is that he/she has thoughts he/she is just dying to share, like the poster just above this post.
            I think the poster already expressed his opinion. I read it as it is hard nowadays to say which league has the best players/clubs.I share that opinion and more traveling and spending are on the horizon for average competition.

Comment

That's all you have to add? It is concerning how diluted this whole thing .became
              Which was 100% predicted. Players having more options is good for them as consumers but not as soccer players

Comment

when GPS beats PDA, you know it's the truth.

Comment

was it my imagination or were the number and quality of coaches also off at CASL?

Comment

was it my imagination or were the number and quality of coaches also off at CASL?
                    Why don't you tell us? Easy enough to look up lists from last year and this year.

Comment

Comparing to past years, yes.

Comment

Which was 100% predicted. Players having more options is good for them as consumers but not as soccer players
                        True, and how could it not be? Tack on an entirely new league where none had existed previously and you're going to have significant dilution of the club landscape. Also true that in some clubs, the best players have fled ECNL for the DA while in others, the best have more or less stuck with ECNL. If you see a number of unexpected entrants qualifying for the ECNL finals next summer instead of the traditional US Club powerhouses, that could be one reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          True, and how could it not be? Tack on an entirely new league where none had existed previously and you're going to have significant dilution of the club landscape. Also true that in some clubs, the best players have fled ECNL for the DA while in others, the best have more or less stuck with ECNL. If you see a number of unexpected entrants qualifying for the ECNL finals next summer instead of the traditional US Club powerhouses, that could be one reason why.
                          Is CASL an ecnl event? I didn’t think it was even though ecnl clubs play in it. I know Select went.

Comment

Is CASL an ecnl event? I didn’t think it was even though ecnl clubs play in it. I know Select went.
                            No. But it is one of the few (only?) tournaments that mix all leagues teams. Good measure stick to compare the competition overall.

Comment

Yes and no. All leagues are weakened in terms of the player pool so it does take that choice away from the consumers. And there is not, and has not been for a while, a good place for lower and middle income strong talent to play that does not involve significant travel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X