Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ouch! Speaking as a Rush parent we handled the Sound team pretty handily this past Fall. Not sure the reference here. When we play CFC Sound we usually know it is one of the weakest branches and games typically are not very competitive. I loved the game where the coach kept yelling, "get up to the 50, I need all the defenders at the 50". LOL!! #signsyouarenotasoccerperson.
    I was at that game! Guilford. The Rock was in classic form as his team was going down in flames:)

Comment

Dear Rush Parent, His team smacked Rush Elite 03 around 4-2 last Saturday indoors at the Arena.
      So I went onto the CFC site and looked up indoor league scores (because I put so much stock in them). There was definitely a 4-2 score where CFC Sound indeed beat CT Rush. Well done CFC. I then looked at several other leagues and the score looked pretty bad for CFC Sound. A lot of scores reported with a 6 goal margin. I am guessing scores are worse and capped at 6 goal difference. If you are going to crow over an indoor game I would expect at least you are being consistent or dominant. Take solace in that victory my friend your program is struggling. I would focus on turning the ship around before it is too late.

Comment

So I went onto the CFC site and looked up indoor league scores (because I put so much stock in them). There was definitely a 4-2 score where CFC Sound indeed beat CT Rush. Well done CFC. I then looked at several other leagues and the score looked pretty bad for CFC Sound. A lot of scores reported with a 6 goal margin. I am guessing scores are worse and capped at 6 goal difference. If you are going to crow over an indoor game I would expect at least you are being consistent or dominant. Take solace in that victory my friend your program is struggling. I would focus on turning the ship around before it is too late.
        Bragging about indoor victories is a Sporting move

Comment

I wouldn't the program is struggling. The best kids in the CFC program are in United. There a handful of kids at Wolves and Sound that could at least crack the NPL rosters but choose to not get involved with the travel and expense. Sound gives them an organized local option to play with friends and compete in local club games. Typical Sound players would make their HS varsity to team as Junior or Senior as would be a contributor. Many move onto college and get looks at D2 and D3 schools. The program is fine. Top level talent plays up on the ECNL teams while everything else is a gradual step down.

Comment

Never heard of Rush lol. They don't have an npl or ecnl team do they? I do know the numbers of cfc girls that play soccer in college is by far the highest in the state. All the other programs are insignificant if your daughter wants to play college soccer. Im glad they beat 8 year olds by 6 goals. When the 8 year olds turn 13, 14 and older they still play for rush and not united lol.

Comment

Never heard of Rush lol. They don't have an npl or ecnl team do they? I do know the numbers of cfc girls that play soccer in college is by far the highest in the state. All the other programs are insignificant if your daughter wants to play college soccer. Im glad they beat 8 year olds by 6 goals. When the 8 year olds turn 13, 14 and older they still play for rush and not united lol.
              Leave CFC United ECNL out of the discussion. They are on an entirely different level. I am comparing Rush to CFC Sound and no way CFC Sound is even sending girls to play D2 or D3. Rush is a much better option for non ECNL or NPL players

Comment

CFC united is the discussion. Rush has zero comparable teams to United. Rush best athletes can only compete with CFC Sound teams. Zero future and no where to go for Rush girls. But at least they can have fun together lol. For 2 grand.

Comment

I have to agree the ECNL programs are the strongest. They attract some of the strongest players in the state who are also the most committed. No real argument there. After that I would compare the Rush Elite teams playing in EDP as equal to CFC NPL. When those Rush teams played CFC Sound or the CFC Orange teams they were clearly on a different level than those CFC squads. I think you could argue that CFC NPL is stronger but I think either way it is marginal. What is clear is that the CFC state level teams are very average. I would definitely place the Rush teams ahead of them.

Comment

I have to agree the ECNL programs are the strongest. They attract some of the strongest players in the state who are also the most committed. No real argument there. After that I would compare the Rush Elite teams playing in EDP as equal to CFC NPL. When those Rush teams played CFC Sound or the CFC Orange teams they were clearly on a different level than those CFC squads. I think you could argue that CFC NPL is stronger but I think either way it is marginal. What is clear is that the CFC state level teams are very average. I would definitely place the Rush teams ahead of them.
                    CFC has a home. Bethany they will march to like ants. OW will need to upgrade now. CFC will house best players in state. Boys and Girls

Comment

Dear Rush Parent, His team smacked Rush Elite 03 around 4-2 last Saturday indoors at the Arena.
                      Not sure if we are dealing with same CFC branch or not but Rush teams really controlled a couple of teams today. One was listed as a CFC ECNL team. I think the Rush group was a year older but it was a one sided affair. The other game was a younger Rush team playing an older 2002 CFC team. Completely one sided affair. I think they stopped recording goals.

Comment

Not sure if we are dealing with same CFC branch or not but Rush teams really controlled a couple of teams today. One was listed as a CFC ECNL team. I think the Rush group was a year older but it was a one sided affair. The other game was a younger Rush team playing an older 2002 CFC team. Completely one sided affair. I think they stopped recording goals.
                        Your Rush coaches told you that you were playing ECNL teams today? Hahahaha. You have to love those Rush coaches.

Comment

Never actually talked to the coach. That was what was listed on the CFC schedule. Not sure why CFC would list their own team as an ECNL team if it wasn't. The team was definitely not a Sound team. We have played the Sound team multiple times and they were terrible. Don't know what other team it could be.

Comment

There is definitely an ECNL team listed. Looks like a 2005 team playing up.

Comment

There is definitely an ECNL team listed. Looks like a 2005 team playing up.
                              That would be pre ECNL, big difference.

Comment

So what is the difference other than the age of the children? I would assume these would be the best players CFC have at this age. Is it that CFC is waiting for better players? Or maybe they haven't sprinkled ECNL dust on them? When does it make a difference? Is it when they separate them into a separate league, don't play any non ECNL teams and tell everyone how special they are?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X