Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow, if that is true, the women players at Stanford, and many other PC12 schools have a LOT of family of this is true!!
    If you are going to take the quote literally than Stanford's total home attendance is about 8000 for the season or about 1000 per game.

That is a big or small number depending on who you talk to. Oregon gets about 450 per game.

Comment

If you are going to take the quote literally than Stanford's total home attendance is about 8000 for the season or about 1000 per game.

That is a big or small number depending on who you talk to. Oregon gets about 450 per game.
      And women's basketball at a place like Gonzaga averages just over 5600 per game (84k for the season).

Comment

Look at the latest Pac 12 standings and what do we find? Oregon in 11th and Oregon State in 12th. It's a new year but the results remain the same. Maybe with new coaches they can get new fields. Oregon State can replace that cow pasture they play on and Oregon can get some grass.
        Look at last years fc Portland and crossfire United teams. Last and second to last in their conference as well.

Same club as in colleges the best Oregon players do not play at either.

Comment

Even at 1000, even at 30 players on a roster that is 33 people per player, which means they are not all family. Just sayin' making it sound like a youth soccer game is inaccurate. I know for some schools they pack the stands, so it a stadium seats 1000, and they pull in extra bleachers to seat the 1200 that show up, then that is a good thing for the program rather than bringing in a 1000 for a stadium that seats 5000. And remember these games are on pac12 network too.

Comment

Look at last years fc Portland and crossfire United teams. Last and second to last in their conference as well.

Same club as in colleges the best Oregon players do not play at either.
            Just curious, speaking specifically about "the best players from Oregon" where do they play? Both in club and college. This should be good

Comment

Just curious, speaking specifically about "the best players from Oregon" where do they play? Both in club and college. This should be good
              What is the point of listing out individual players? So someone else can come here and rip on them and say they suck.

Look it up yourself if you are interested.

Comment

What is the point of listing out individual players? So someone else can come here and rip on them and say they suck.

Look it up yourself if you are interested.
                Actually not my intent at all. Seriously curious. And I didn't say who I said where. There have been some really good players from Oregon that have played at both clubs. Just not sure where these other secret clubs are, that produce players playing better than the bottom of the Pac-12. Maybe one off here and there. Haven't heard of players playing for other Pac-12 or other top schools other than from CU and FC portland, so what clubs are you referring to? It seems like the blanket "they" with nothing to back it up?

Comment

Actually not my intent at all. Seriously curious. And I didn't say who I said where. There have been some really good players from Oregon that have played at both clubs. Just not sure where these other secret clubs are, that produce players playing better than the bottom of the Pac-12. Maybe one off here and there. Haven't heard of players playing for other Pac-12 or other top schools other than from CU and FC portland, so what clubs are you referring to? It seems like the blanket "they" with nothing to back it up?
                  There are no D1 All-Americans from Oregon in the last decade, regardless of club. Many girls land spots on D1 squads it's not that difficult with Title IX funding, we have so little quality in the area.

Comment

There are no D1 All-Americans from Oregon in the last decade, regardless of club. Many girls land spots on D1 squads it's not that difficult with Title IX funding, we have so little quality in the area.
                    That was a strange response.

Comment

D1 All Americans? Are you kidding me with this. Same may be said for Oregon football and Basketball players. Making D1 All- American is kinda tuff. You soccer guys are friggin difficult.

Comment

D1 All Americans? Are you kidding me with this. Same may be said for Oregon football and Basketball players. Making D1 All- American is kinda tuff. You soccer guys are friggin difficult.
                        It is just one guy that made the stupid comment.

Comment

I know it has been discussed but lets see where people stand now:

Oregon - Coach Fired - Replaced by SJSU Head Coach

OSU - Coach Retained

UofP - Coach fired - an Assistant from UCLA, Stanford or Cal

Agree or Disagree

Comment

I know it has been discussed but lets see where people stand now:

Oregon - Coach Fired - Replaced by SJSU Head Coach

OSU - Coach Retained

UofP - Coach fired - an Assistant from UCLA, Stanford or Cal

Agree or Disagree
                            Hansen takes the Oregon job. It’s a big job and would be the only job she would leave SJSU for.

Portland can’t get the recruits and really is the same level as the SJSU job sadly.
                            Yes most definitely an asst at a successful will take the Portland job. I bet it will be a UCLA asst. Someone who thinks they can right the program. It’s gonna be tough for Portland to dig out of their hole as pacific and St. Mary’s appear to be rising and BOTH are more highly rated academic institutions.

OSU is focused on righting the ship on football. They aren’t concerned with the women’s soccer program at all. Linus lives in.

Comment

Hansen takes the Oregon job. It’s a big job and would be the only job she would leave SJSU for.

Portland can’t get the recruits and really is the same level as the SJSU job sadly.
                              Yes most definitely an asst at a successful will take the Portland job. I bet it will be a UCLA asst. Someone who thinks they can right the program. It’s gonna be tough for Portland to dig out of their hole as pacific and St. Mary’s appear to be rising and BOTH are more highly rated academic institutions.

OSU is focused on righting the ship on football. They aren’t concerned with the women’s soccer program at all. Linus lives in.
                              Above post courtesy of local village idiot.

Comment

Above post courtesy of local village idiot.
                                A comment from the king of the village of the idiots.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X