Suffer.
      The likes of You??? Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        The likes of You??? Never.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZSoZScqBU

Comment

Surfing

Good luck Crossfire at Surf. Represent Oregon and the Northwest well!

Regards,
          Talking Soccer

Comment

Good luck Crossfire at Surf. Represent Oregon and the Northwest well!

Regards,
            Talking Soccer
            Thanks mom! You’re the best. Can we go to McD for egg McMuffins in the morning before you drop me off at day care.

Comment

Thanks mom! You’re the best. Can we go to McD for egg McMuffins in the morning before you drop me off at day care.
              You kids. Mommy will always brag for you on anonymous chat rooms.

Now get to bed mister! We have an early morning.

Comment

You kids. Mommy will always brag for you on anonymous chat rooms.

Now get to bed mister! We have an early morning.
                Cute...and yet sort of true I guess. To the author of the past 2 posts, good luck to you and your child (assuming you even have an 05 or child for that matter) in Chinook Cup.

Comment

USSDA schedules are out!

Opening weekend (Sep 1)

FC at Crossfire
                  UPDX at Westside
                  CFC at WashT

It looks like the idea of combining the Oregon and Washington leagues fell through--there are NO games on the schedule between Timbers Academy and any of Crossfire/FC/UPDX/Westside/Capitol/Washington Timbers.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...cwMDM2MA==&v=3

Make sure you select "Boys 2018-2019" on the drop-down (right now the default is still last season), then "Boys U14 West/Oregon".

Comment

USSDA schedules are out!

Opening weekend (Sep 1)

FC at Crossfire
                    UPDX at Westside
                    CFC at WashT

It looks like the idea of combining the Oregon and Washington leagues fell through--there are NO games on the schedule between Timbers Academy and any of Crossfire/FC/UPDX/Westside/Capitol/Washington Timbers.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...cwMDM2MA==&v=3

Make sure you select "Boys 2018-2019" on the drop-down (right now the default is still last season), then "Boys U14 West/Oregon".
                    Pretty sure I can guess why....as can the majority of you. Timbers hate to be exposed. You can argue all you want, but the reality is at this age, TA is marginally better in most areas. However, not anywhere near good enough NOT to lose on any given day against the top Oregon DA teams.

Comment

Pretty sure I can guess why....as can the majority of you. Timbers hate to be exposed. You can argue all you want, but the reality is at this age, TA is marginally better in most areas. However, not anywhere near good enough NOT to lose on any given day against the top Oregon DA teams.
                      Were I to place a bet, I bet it was the Seattle teams that objected any additional trips down to Oregon. They complained a lot last year about Timbers joining their league.

Comment

Timbers better hope these clubs figure out how to develop some studs that can help the only big pro Decv. academy, if the local clubs cant, than its back to importing better players from other states and countries.

Whats wrong at the local clubs, no coaching, no talent or or a little of both.

Comment

Timbers better hope these clubs figure out how to develop some studs that can help the only big pro Decv. academy, if the local clubs cant, than its back to importing better players from other states and countries.

That is a good question.

Eastside sure have fallen on the boys' side. Who do they thank for their demise - that famous alliance curriculum we have heard so much about, the Timbers, or some how, some way, is it US Club's fault?

Comment

Local clubs are not the whole problem- it all starts at what should be the top TA. When you have poor management and a genuine lack of interest and disdain for the youth product it shows and gets rotten very quickly. Timbers have shown time and time again they see it as a necessary evil from the mls mandate and only care about using it as a revenue stream anyway possible. They don’t really care about youth development and couple that with our fractured, politically driven make up of teams/clubs and players we have here and you have a recipie for disastrous results. We do not have an objective place with development as its core principle (not greed and $) that is CENTRALLY located to draw the top players. Contrary to what some have said on this chat about the lack of 05 “talent” in Oregon, I believe we do they are just spread out across 7-10 teams with none having more than a handful of those players. TA has the greatest concentration of top players assembled for the upcoming year at this point, but in no way do they have the top starting 11 you could lineup and I am not even going to mention the lack of quality at the bottom of the roster and who fills out the bench (ooops just did)....

Comment

Local clubs are not the whole problem- it all starts at what should be the top TA. When you have poor management and a genuine lack of interest and disdain for the youth product it shows and gets rotten very quickly. Timbers have shown time and time again they see it as a necessary evil from the mls mandate and only care about using it as a revenue stream anyway possible. They don’t really care about youth development and couple that with our fractured, politically driven make up of teams/clubs and players we have here and you have a recipie for disastrous results. We do not have an objective place with development as its core principle (not greed and $) that is CENTRALLY located to draw the top players. Contrary to what some have said on this chat about the lack of 05 “talent” in Oregon, I believe we do they are just spread out across 7-10 teams with none having more than a handful of those players. TA has the greatest concentration of top players assembled for the upcoming year at this point, but in no way do they have the top starting 11 you could lineup and I am not even going to mention the lack of quality at the bottom of the roster and who fills out the bench (ooops just did)....

I heard that the TA fires everyone and hired all new staff. Is this true?

Comment

The local clubs are the entire problem, they don't have a natural organic order of competition, instead they are burdened with incredible overhead for staff to run what should be an after school youth soccer program, that in theory costs very little to operate with community/school fields basically free. Instead every club holds onto players for dear life to pay bills and payroll. Top players don't migrate to top top clubs anymore since there is no such thing as a top club with top staffing to attract the very best.

The (MLS) DA Timbers don't have much to cherry pick from these days from clubs that have become business operations that designed to create paycheck and have little in terms of quality coaching or players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X