Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ya think? Topdrawer is a joke. They have JM as a 3 star recruit. Best player in the state.

Then the best player in the state is a 3-Star recruit.

Sounds right to me.

Deal with it.

Comment

Do you guys ever think that a kid and their parents make a choice for what’s best for them?

Comment

l

Speaking of top dog noticed on topdrawersoccer that JM is committed to Saint Joseph’s?? Must be a typo.
        Well, well, well. So the UConn full ride story was a scam.

Comment

Or TDS has it wrong.

Comment

YU will always exaggerate it’s in their DNA. However she’s a good player and players change commitments all the time. There’s full rides ( tuition only - tuition and boarding and then there’s a complete ride everything plus some perks )
            Who knows and who cares just hope she got a good deal — good people and loyal to their club. I’m sure she could have played anyplace in CT and it shows well to college coach’s.

Comment

Someone has some 'splainin to do.

Comment

call TD and ask where the info came from

Comment

Or TDS has it wrong.
                  Kids/parents typically edit their TD profile to show commitment. Most of the early ones almost always come from the families. TD doesn't have their own investigators!

Comment

Explanation = things change, even more so with kids recruited on the early side. Player or coach changes their mind, coach changes - so not knowing who the coach would be at UCONN may have played a role. I'm not YU fan but I wouldn't read too much into it

Comment

Yankee shouted this commitment from the rooftops, highlighted it on their website front page for years and there are probably 10,000 pages on this thread stating how great they are because they "develop" full ride players. It was all a sham.
                      No family would walk away from a full ride at UConn for this result. Yankee got caught lying about this one.

Comment

Yankee shouted this commitment from the rooftops, highlighted it on their website front page for years and there are probably 10,000 pages on this thread stating how great they are because they "develop" full ride players. It was all a sham.
                        No family would walk away from a full ride at UConn for this result. Yankee got caught lying about this one.
                        Who is to say she doesn't have a full ride where she's going? Or she simply changed her mind about UCONN the school or UCONN women's soccer? Re-commits don't happen often but they do happen. UCONN HC job has been up in the air for awhile too.

That said, no club should ever brag about scholarships. It creates a completely unrealistic set of expectations and sets it up for ridicule if ever discovered to be false. It's also something that should be solely between the family and the school. In the case of some YU families they seem to be willing to go along with being used by YU as a marketing tool, so shame on them. I'd never allow it for my kids.

Comment

Cant believe that JM is not going to UCONN! MAGS must be going nuts! She wanted her bad!

Comment

Cant believe that JM is not going to UCONN! MAGS must be going nuts! She wanted her bad!
                            Apparently not.

Comment

Who cares, hopefully she is happy with wherever she is going.talking soccer

Comment

Me thinks you are exaggerating quite a bit here.

10,000 pages? Really?

So show me any of them that states flatly, from a YU perspective, that they are great because they develop full ride players.

Should be easy to find. After all, you have 10,000 options to choose from.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X