Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, let me see if I understand you. You believe that playing in the Oakwood indoor tournament will be good training for Oakwood players that will measurably improve them.

If that is true, then I believe you are an idiot.
    Not a poster on the topic but how does any isolated soccer activity "measurably" improve someone?

I'd say a series of soccer activities (aka additional touches on the ball) will incrementally improve a player. Playing in a tournament where the kid gets touches qualifies as having the potential to do good.

Comment

Touches

I'll give you the touches on the ball aspect, but if you always play your friends you aren't as serious ND there's no real getting better or a true challenge of playing different styles of play on different teams . You need to have way more friendlies with clubs and teams outside oakwood. I get more touches on the ball doing skillz work in my basement with my boys than oakwood tournament plus air quality get some damn purification and bleach in that place . Take soccer serious a little paint new netting and plexiglass goes a long way.

Comment

I'll give you the touches on the ball aspect, but if you always play your friends you aren't as serious ND there's no real getting better or a true challenge of playing different styles of play on different teams . You need to have way more friendlies with clubs and teams outside oakwood. I get more touches on the ball doing skillz work in my basement with my boys than oakwood tournament plus air quality get some damn purification and bleach in that place . Take soccer serious a little paint new netting and plexiglass goes a long way.
        Ita boring as check. Its another event to go to the motherland and run around a little. It hardly unites the team to work together to defeat a common opponent. Its just another practice .....they are getting very go hum. Lots if kids have stooped making these a priority.

Comment

Its an insurance issue everywhere. My kids have been talked to at OW, FSA and CFC for kicking a ball to each other just on the sides while their siblings are playing a game.
          Booting the ball around the sides where people are watching the game and could get hit is dangerous. Notice nobody signs a liability waiver to be there and your kids weren't told to pay to use that space. Two kids uninvolved in leagues playing 1v1 on an unused but "kept up" soccer field is fine. OW are nasty buggers to want money for it.

Comment

Booting the ball around the sides where people are watching the game and could get hit is dangerous. Notice nobody signs a liability waiver to be there and your kids weren't told to pay to use that space. Two kids uninvolved in leagues playing 1v1 on an unused but "kept up" soccer field is fine. OW are nasty buggers to want money for it.
            You know what can prevent that is parental supervision? No one should have more liability than them.

Comment

You know what can prevent that is parental supervision? No one should have more liability than them.
              Nah. I inflate the ball to 20lbs and tell the kids to "have at it."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X