Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It does matter in the broader picture of player development, or lack thereof in this country. The women's team is a prime example - we've been on top for years mostly because of athleticism. Bigger faster kids are given more opportunities early on, shutting out smaller players who may possess better soccer skills and knowledge. Players train based on age, rarely skill level. Now other countries are catching up because they're focused on skill.
    Ha, if that isn't that the USMNT's model, then I don't know what is?!?! Stop projecting. Where do you think USSF will take the women's program in light of what they have done for the men?

Comment

Let's be honest people, 100% honest:

Most players & parents choose the club/team where there is the highest level of comfort socially & in terms of soccer expectations. Only a small few pursue real challenges and seek opportunities out of their comfort zones.

Comment

It does matter in the broader picture of player development, or lack thereof in this country. The women's team is a prime example - we've been on top for years mostly because of athleticism. Bigger faster kids are given more opportunities early on, shutting out smaller players who may possess better soccer skills and knowledge. Players train based on age, rarely skill level. Now other countries are catching up because they're focused on skill.
        other countries are catching because they just started focusing on womens soccer
        we were just first in with $$$$ and commitment- thats why we dominated

Comment

other countries are catching because they just started focusing on womens soccer
          we were just first in with $$$$ and commitment- thats why we dominated
          Both correct.

Comment

Where do you think USSF will take the women's program in light of what they have done for the men?
            Nowhere fast. They barely moved the needle on the men's side despite loads of low hanging fruit. At best the women will stay flat, hopefully not decline. I see little hope for improvement while other countries continue to catch up quickly, possibly a few surpass us soon enough.

not the poster

Comment

Nowhere fast. They barely moved the needle on the men's side despite loads of low hanging fruit. At best the women will stay flat, hopefully not decline. I see little hope for improvement while other countries continue to catch up quickly, possibly a few surpass us soon enough.

not the poster
              The men have gone backward since they started. The top player from this era is hardly a player development model developed by US DA.

Comment

The men have gone backward since they started. The top player from this era is hardly a player development model developed by US DA.
                Hence my lack of faith that they will improve the women's game. Best case is they stay steady and not decline.

Comment

If the teams in state would actually play each other customers wouldn't have to try to piece stuff together from GS and other sources.
                  CFC and FSA do play each other.

Comment

CFC and FSA do play each other.
                    Let's get some games with OW, BS, YU .... boys sides and girls sides.

Comment

OW and YU used to play each other until this fall

Comment

I'm not sure non-competitive games vs BS or YU would do anything for CFC teams.

Comment

CFC Getting beat certainly wouldnt help
                          I agree

Comment

BS or YU could only beat up CFC branch teams, no way against CFCU. The one YU stud team would give them a good close game and on any given Sunday something could happen. But the other teams absolutely not. They finished almost all at the bottom of NPL last year and didn't get much new talent for this year. YU v BS would match up but the egos of both club owners would never allow it because the possibility of a loss isn't worth it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X