• Show
Clear All

Herald all-scholastics 2017

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...olastics<br />
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...ll_scholastics

Girls

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...ll_scholastics

Comment

Just want to say congrats to all before the eventual jealousy and bitterness consumes this thread. Not the OP either or have any skin in this game.

Comment

hmmm interesting how some player(s) miraculously have more points listed than they actually finished the season with. funny how that works.

Comment

Congrats to the boys. A few D1 commits in there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            hmmm interesting how some player(s) miraculously have more points listed than they actually finished the season with. funny how that works.
            Glad you were tracking your child’s teammates points. Sorry yours got shafted.

Comment

What’s interesting to me is how easily “assists” are handed out. In my mind if there is not a pass directly to the goal scorer it’s not an assist. Not sure how it’s defined by miaa but a rebound is not an assist. A missplayed ball by a defender that ends up on the foot of the GS is not an assist. I’ve seen tweets where the coach will name 6 players with assists in a 4-0 game. There can only be one assist per goal but there doesn’t have to be any and I think whoever keeps the stats feels that every goal must be accompanied by an assist.

Comment

What’s interesting to me is how easily “assists” are handed out. In my mind if there is not a pass directly to the goal scorer it’s not an assist. Not sure how it’s defined by miaa but a rebound is not an assist. A missplayed ball by a defender that ends up on the foot of the GS is not an assist. I’ve seen tweets where the coach will name 6 players with assists in a 4-0 game. There can only be one assist per goal but there doesn’t have to be any and I think whoever keeps the stats feels that every goal must be accompanied by an assist.
                You are spot on. Another bad stat is saves. A ball kicked over the defense to the keeper is a save. A pass back to keeper is save. A through ball intercepted by keeper is a save

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X