Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The softball game going in the background was more exciting to watch. That is just bad soccer.
    People like to bash and that's ok and whoever posted the games probably wanted some sort of publicity or hits on his/her video. But I watched bits of all 3 games: 15's game looked ok, 17's good and 19's very good. Maybe you should stick with watching softball because you seem not to know soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistere
      People like to bash and that's ok and whoever posted the games probably wanted some sort of publicity or hits on his/her video. But I watched bits of all 3 games: 15's game looked ok, 17's good and 19's very good. Maybe you should stick with watching softball because you seem not to know soccer.
      Got it, OP. Why didn’t you just say that in the first place. Beauty is obviously in the eyes of the beholder.

Comment

To those who think that those teams were “playing awful” soccer, I’d honestly like to know what team your kid plays for, and what exactly you are comparing it to? I’ve got noone on these teams, but watched a bunch from each game, and the “awful” description has to be trolling. And if not, I need to know what AMAZING team your kid is playing, that you describe these games between two strong DA teams as awful. I’d love to come watch and compare for myself.

Comment

Why in the world would anyone post this here? Save the clips of your kid. You couldn’t possibly think others will spend 90 minutes to evaluate another person’s kid. I won’t tell you which was mine, but this post was designed to either boast or bash, and you got both. I know my daughter is good. Isn’t that enough for you, OP?

Comment

Why in the world would anyone post this here? Save the clips of your kid. You couldn’t possibly think others will spend 90 minutes to evaluate another person’s kid. I won’t tell you which was mine, but this post was designed to either boast or bash, and you got both. I know my daughter is good. Isn’t that enough for you, OP?
            Assume the "Likes" ran out on FB, so trying another method to pump up the ego.

Comment

Assume the "Likes" ran out on FB, so trying another method to pump up the ego.
              Well don't post videos of other peoples children on ts.

Comment

Well don't post videos of other peoples children on ts.
                Email nb and tell him.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Email nb and tell him.
                  If that's the case, I will. It's outrageous.

Comment

To those who think that those teams were “playing awful” soccer, I’d honestly like to know what team your kid plays for, and what exactly you are comparing it to? I’ve got noone on these teams, but watched a bunch from each game, and the “awful” description has to be trolling. And if not, I need to know what AMAZING team your kid is playing, that you describe these games between two strong DA teams as awful. I’d love to come watch and compare for myself.
                    What these videos vividly show quite accurately is the state of what some people consider to be high level soccer in this country. For all intents and purposes these teams are about as good as you are going to find, especially around these parts. The best in the country. No, but hardly chopped liver. The sad part is the quality drops from this point. Go look at a similar video of the local ECNL programs. What you'll see is long ball's skipping the mid field and a whole lot of 1 v 1. That sure isn't the answer USSF is hoping to find and if you are buying into that thinking it will prepare your kid for the college level you are out of your mind. Not sure why though that it surprises anyone that people are critical of those videos. You can literally pick out the players who are over matched and therefore don't belong on the field. Might as well put a neon "JAG" sign on half the players on the field. That speaks more about the state of high level soccer than anything anyone has written on this site lately.

Comment

Actually, what I saw was no difference from ECNL or even NPL teams.

That's the scary part. You could interchange virtually any player on there with someone from another program and it would look the same.

Comment

What these videos vividly show quite accurately is the state of what some people consider to be high level soccer in this country. For all intents and purposes these teams are about as good as you are going to find, especially around these parts. The best in the country. No, but hardly chopped liver. The sad part is the quality drops from this point. Go look at a similar video of the local ECNL programs. What you'll see is long ball's skipping the mid field and a whole lot of 1 v 1. That sure isn't the answer USSF is hoping to find and if you are buying into that thinking it will prepare your kid for the college level you are out of your mind. Not sure why though that it surprises anyone that people are critical of those videos. You can literally pick out the players who are over matched and therefore don't belong on the field. Might as well put a neon "JAG" sign on half the players on the field. That speaks more about the state of high level soccer than anything anyone has written on this site lately.
                        These kids did not ask for some jerk to post videos of them on ts for some other jerk to critique.

Comment

That's the scary part. You could interchange virtually any player on there with someone from another program and it would look the same.
                          Yep. Poor vision and an inability to make connecting passes in the midfield, so get frustrated and dump it forward. Too many players all over the field dribbling into pressure. Little to no movement off the ball to create space to receive passes. Forwards taking on 3+ defenders at a time or forwards scooping up long balls and instead of holding up the play to get numbers, they turn and run right into 4 defenders as if they might dribble through them all. Heck, the 2nd touch of the U15 game from a defender was a bad pass... think about that: the second touch was an intercepted pass.

I will say work rate is lower than what you usually see in ECNL and NPL, likely due to the strict substitution rules in DA. Honestly, just not very good soccer at all. What you have there are good athletes with some technical skill who make poor decisions with the ball and don't understand what to do in the 95% of the match when they are off the ball.

My kid's team is NPL, probably doesn't have the depth of athletic talent that DA team has, but plays possession soccer through the midfield with forwards who know when to run on the ball and beat a defender and when to hold up and attack with numbers. Not taking anything away from the athletes, but as soccer players? Poor soccer IQ, considering this is DA.

Comment

These kids did not ask for some jerk to post videos of them on ts for some other jerk to critique.
                            Exactly. Some idiot posts game videos of players who did not ask for it, and yet the response many here CHOSE to do was diss and mock those same kids. Now which is worse. OP was either naive, ignorant or a troll at worst ... but you all here a just plain a’holes.

Comment

Welcome to the age of the internet and social media. There is no going back, so I suggest you toughen up and learn to deal or just turn the electronics off...

Comment

Something as when you see NBA and you think that a bad player can be easily replaced with anyone until..you do it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X